Explore & discover

Helpful Links

U.S. customer service reps that speak understandable English

Visitor

U.S. customer service reps that speak understandable English

Why can't I speak to a customer service representative in the U.S. EVERY time I call AT&T and get past the condescending computer, I end up talking to someone in the Philippines or Asia who's English is so bad, I can't understand them. When I ask to speak to someone in the U.S., I'm indignantly told that they cannot (will not) connect me.
If you really care about your customers, you would allow me to talk to someone who can carry on a coherent conversation.

Mr. [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.], TX

Message 1 of 87
Traveler

Re: U.S. customer service reps that speak understandable English

No they will NOT transfer you, I just got off the phone with Filipino.
Message 31 of 87
Employee

@Filophone, your post is on a Sunday.... Just got off the phone

For Uverse TV, Internet, Phone customer service:

US based Call Centers are Monday-Friday 8am to 7 pm, Saturdays 8 am to 5 pm.

Calling on a Sunday only has offshore centers available.

https://www.att.com/contactus/index/digitaltv.html

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 32 of 87
Contributor

At&t really needs to stop off-shoring their jobs. Talking to the reps overseas is frustrating, I cannot understand what they're saying and they cannot understand what I am saying. They usually just transfer you around because nobody knows what the heck you are trying to say.  I talk to one American for 5 minutes and BOOM problem is solved.

Message 33 of 87
Observer

Att has the worst customer service. They hire people from India. I never had ATT before just added their Internet to my direct TV and took new all day. Get better customer service or start to loose customers...
Message 34 of 87
Observer

Me too and I'm fed up with Att!!!
Message 35 of 87
Observer

Me to and I'm fed up with ATT !!!!
Message 36 of 87
Observer

I too am so mad and disgusted that when you call customer service do not get someone that is in America or can speak good English...
Message 37 of 87
Observer

Right 

Message 38 of 87
Observer

They don't card about us

Message 39 of 87
Observer

Calling at 10:50 a.m. only offshore been trying for over an hour hand a half . 

Message 40 of 87
Contributor

NOT TRUE! I've asked 16 times fir an onshore rep and supervisor abd gave been Denied. Now I'm sitting awaiting call as to whether this day off for install was a complete waste since TGEY never called a tech to install !!
Message 41 of 87
Observer

I Like the number for AT&T technical support in Philippines Reps department

Message 42 of 87
Observer

OMG - the phone service lines are HORRIBLE!!! Always saying someone will call back, and they never do. Barely understand or speak English. Always just want to do the same old script again and again and again!

AT&T should be SEVERELY ashamed of this "customer service". Even the in store employees admit that it is embarrassing!

Message 43 of 87
Contributor

This is such an issue,  I have been trying for 5 days to get an issue resolved, told my issues to so many reps, I did get a reference number, when I called back the rep had no idea what a reference number was.  Still waiting for my internet to be fixed, absolutely exhausting and no way to resolve this it seems being there is no one you can talk to that's not in apparently the same call center in another country. 

Message 44 of 87
Observer

I simply canceled the service the only way to get the attention is to not
spend your money with them
Message 45 of 87
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support