Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: U.S. customer service reps that speak understandable English

Visitor

U.S. customer service reps that speak understandable English

Why can't I speak to a customer service representative in the U.S. EVERY time I call AT&T and get past the condescending computer, I end up talking to someone in the Philippines or Asia who's English is so bad, I can't understand them. When I ask to speak to someone in the U.S., I'm indignantly told that they cannot (will not) connect me.
If you really care about your customers, you would allow me to talk to someone who can carry on a coherent conversation.

Mr. [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.], TX

Message 1 of 103
Observer

I have had the same issue getting someone in the Philippine’s and saying they cannot connect me to someone is the USA. Spent over an hour trying to remedy an issue with no results. I’m wondering how many customers they are losing? Hello Spectrum

Message 91 of 103
Observer

I have had the same issue getting someone in the Philippine’s and saying they cannot connect me to someone is the USA. Spent over an hour trying to remedy an issue with no results. I’m wondering how many customers they are losing? There are other providers.

Message 92 of 103
Contributor

I’m sure they are losing plenty. I have been a customer since 2007 with several lines. Once every line is out of contract I will switch six lines. I will find a service that has a land based service customer service line. #SickandTiredofATToffshoreCustomerServiceService

Message 93 of 103
Visitor

I changed my WiFi password to a custom password and it worked for days. Suddenly, all of my internet connections failed and when I checked my password—IT WAS CHANGED!! plus the website address to AT&T states it is not secure!!! As if the entire site has been hi-jacked!! Help!!

Message 94 of 103
Contributor

I think the comcast agents are the same poor English speakers at at and t! Sick to death of straining to understand their accented English 

Message 95 of 103
Highlighted
Traveler

If you need solutions for call accounting. I will help you.

Message 96 of 103
Visitor

apparently they are closed at 8:38 AM ET.  I got a recording that "the office is closed. Please call back at normal business hours."  They don't bother to tell you what normal business hours are however.  lol.  But at least it's an English recording that can be understood.  I was having trouble with the "English speaking" operators too. When I asked for the supervisor or someone who speaks Native Born English, they say no one is available!  Wow.  I almost feel like pressing the button for Spanish speaking.  Maybe I could understand that better!

Message 97 of 103
Observer

I discontinued my service with DirecTV/AT&T on June 30, 2019. I was instructed to send back the receiver which I did and have proof of return on August 3, 2019. On September 15th $190/40 was taken from my account for not returning the receiver. I called on September 19, 2019 and spoke to rep and explained they verified that the receiver had been returned on August 3rd and said they would process the refund should take 5-7 days. Well after that time I called back in and they had record of my call but now said it would be 45 days before I would get reimbursed for the withdraw they took from my account even though I had returned the receiver. Just be careful who you do business with.
Message 98 of 103
Traveler

I am so sick of this. I hung up 10 times and still have not gotten anyone from the US it’s so frustrating!

Message 99 of 103
Contributor

1 877-377-0414 i get someone in USA everytime
Message 100 of 103
Traveler

omg thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!
Message 101 of 103
Observer

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE. ATT SAYS we appreciate your feedback for all their crafted incompetence by farming out cheap labor to do their call centers and do nothing about SERVICE.
Its real simple guys. Bring it back on shore and do something that benefits the US jobs population and increases customer satisfaction/ i.e. RETENTION 
So glad I have Verizon

Message 102 of 103
Visitor

I’m am absolutely sick and tired of these fuc-ing non American JOs who can’t even speak their own language let alone effectively speak to me a blue blooded American it sickens me to death that I have put up with crap every time I call! I want only Americans period att is the worst 

Message 103 of 103
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support