Explore & discover

Helpful Links

U.S. customer service reps that speak understandable English

Visitor

U.S. customer service reps that speak understandable English

Why can't I speak to a customer service representative in the U.S. EVERY time I call AT&T and get past the condescending computer, I end up talking to someone in the Philippines or Asia who's English is so bad, I can't understand them. When I ask to speak to someone in the U.S., I'm indignantly told that they cannot (will not) connect me.
If you really care about your customers, you would allow me to talk to someone who can carry on a coherent conversation.

Mr. [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.], TX

Message 1 of 93
Contributor

Re: U.S. customer service reps that speak understandable English

I know! I have called numerous times and have had the axact same problem! Man I am steaming! That's what led me to this website, they just kept passing me off to more people I couldn't understand and who couldn't understand me. I went through 6 different people and finally I hung up, I feel your pain.

Message 61 of 93
Visitor

I have a hearing disability but usually manage on phone calls. Not this time. I could not understand even one word of what the possible non-US agent was saying. The agent would not acknowledge my request to try another representative or another form of communication and just kept talking nonstop. I started with chat and was transferred, but the chat person stayed online and resolved my problem with the he called the "back office". LOL

Next time I will mention the problem up front and request no phone calls. Hope this works for someone else. Try online hat only.

Message 62 of 93
Visitor

Of course I mean 'use online CHAT' only

Message 63 of 93
Observer

Stop emails
Message 64 of 93
Highlighted
Observer

I have done this to many times to count! When I have requested this the stock answer is always given, "Please hang on while I speak with my supervisor". "I am sorry my supervisor is on another line, you can stay on the line and wait, or he/she will call you when he/she is available". I waited for 4 Hours for a return call that never came, so this suggestion only adds fuel to the fire of how inept the service is from AT&T and it only gets worse.

R. Cribbs

Message 65 of 93
Visitor

I just experienced the same issue as everyone above, so I searched the intrawebs for the number for a US based rep and this thread came up so I called the 877-377-0414 number referenced. As stated someone in the US did in fact answer but they just passed me on to another department that didn't help which passed me on to another...and another ...after 3 hours and 12 different reps and supervisors, I was finally turned on to a department called "Home Solutions". Here the rep was in Chicago and she was able to pull up all of my AT&T accounts and see the full history of my issues. "Evelyn" was very caring and thorough and ensured my that my issue would be handled properly (gave me a reference #) and that everyone that I had spoken with before her could have handled my problem but chose to pass the buck. She said that all of those conversations were documented and that those reps and supervisors would be reprimanded. This made me feel much better about AT&T. She did give me her departments direct number which goes to a voicemail that she said they check every hour and return the calls. That number is (877) 999-1085. She also have me her real name and direct line to call back if I needed to follow up at anytime. So anyone that needs to get something taken care of without getting the runaround, call the Home Solutions department.

Message 66 of 93
Visitor

i also need help.................................

Message 67 of 93
Contributor

Does Directv have CEO'S or Managers? What the Heck!!!!!!!!!

Message 68 of 93
Contributor

Does Directtv have managers or CEO's What the Heck?!!!!!!!!

Message 69 of 93
Contributor

onshore phone number is 800-331-0500 I had to jump through hoops to find it but got it and the customer service is sooooo much better.  

Message 70 of 93
Contributor

Great thank you!  I reached an English speaking rep!! 

Message 71 of 93
Contributor

This number IS NOT US based anymore. 

Message 72 of 93
Employee

800.331.0500 has been many things over past couple years....

Mobility (cell phone) support in 2014?

Then was the DirecTv repair number in 2017, with support centers being DirecTv throughout the Western Hemisphere as some call centers south of US borders.

Since ATT combined both DirecTv and ATT Uverse into 800.288.2020 not sure what group is supporting 331.0500

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 73 of 93
Visitor

Lol. I did speak to a billing manager (overseas of course) who couldn’t even help me. I’ve requested a copy of a previous months bill 7 times for 3 mos now and not one has made it to me yet. Bunch of baloney!!

Message 74 of 93
Visitor

Thank you so much, Richard E!  I was so frustrated, and the people in Retention were sooooo much more helpful.  Thank you!!!!!

Message 75 of 93
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support