Explore & discover

Helpful Links

U.S. customer service reps that speak understandable English

Visitor

U.S. customer service reps that speak understandable English

Why can't I speak to a customer service representative in the U.S. EVERY time I call AT&T and get past the condescending computer, I end up talking to someone in the Philippines or Asia who's English is so bad, I can't understand them. When I ask to speak to someone in the U.S., I'm indignantly told that they cannot (will not) connect me.
If you really care about your customers, you would allow me to talk to someone who can carry on a coherent conversation.

Mr. [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.], TX

Message 1 of 94
Visitor

Re: U.S. customer service reps that speak understandable English

I feel your pain. Along with the jibber jabber when I call, I was told one rate, but get billed for twice that amount.  So tired of Direct TV.  Can't wait until my contract is up to cancel my service.  Probably the most unorganized company,  with the absolute worst customer service.  #pathetic 

Message 46 of 94
Visitor

I have this Same problem I'm refused both in asking for a manager and us support

Message 47 of 94
Contributor

I was on the phone for over 8 hours with these fools! They hung up on me 7 times! I am STILL locked out of my Directv account and I cannot stream HBO or any channel from my Roku or online! Directv hast the worst, I MEAN THE ABSOLUTE WORST, customer service. The people who pick up the phone do not speak English. They are reading from a stinkin' SCRIPT! I am beyond infuriated! I pay more than $250 a month, and there is not one STUPID thing I can do to rectify the situation! Dirtectv HATES their customers! PERIOD! Disgusting!

Message 48 of 94
Contributor

I just spoke to three different people, English as a second language with all. Very hard to understand, and each representative followed a different procedure concerning my problem. The first guy told me the last rep I spoke to didn’t do what they said they did causing an 8 mo overcharg ,the second lady hung up on my and the third guy told me he can’t go back that far and to hang up and fine a claim online, when I asked to speak to a supervisor and what state Direcr Tv was based out of I was told “ I’m in the Philippines” at that point I ended the call . This was the 6th, 7th and 8th phone call respectively. I am so far from fed up with Direct Tv that the next and final phone call is to find out how to get rid of it all together. 

Message 49 of 94
Contributor

I just spoke to three different people, English as a second language with all. Very hard to understand, and each representative followed a different procedure concerning my problem. The first guy told me the last rep I spoke to didn’t do what they said they did causing an 8 mo overcharg ,the second lady hung up on my and the third guy told me he can’t go back that far and to hang up and fine a claim online, when I asked to speak to a supervisor and what state Direcr Tv was based out of I was told “ I’m in the Philippines” at that point I ended the call . This was the 6th, 7th and 8th phone call respectively. I am so far from fed up with Direct Tv that the next and final phone call is to find out how to get rid of it all together.

Message 50 of 94
Contributor

This is an ongoing issue I'm experiencing.  Regret staying with AT&T  and direct tv.  Deplorable service.  

Message 51 of 94
Observer

How do I take my case to arbitration?  I cant get them to take a charge off that I was told when I moved my service I wouldn't be charged.  I am also not able to understand what they are telling me and I cant get them to understand what I am saying. We are both speaking English but either they are refusing to acknowledge me or are just talking in circles.  Regardless I am beyond sick of this.  I too have asked to talk to someone in the U.S. and am told over and over that its not possible and they wont forward me or give me a U.S. number.  One time they told me they were going to do this, but then they just transferred me to someone else in the call center.

I am so sick of being lied to I am about to cancel every single ATT affiliated service I have from phone service to internet to cable. Its disgusting.

Message 52 of 94
ACE - Expert

Please refer to Paragraph 11 (DISPUTE RESOLUTION WITH AT&T BY BINDING ARBITRATION) in the Terms of Service

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 53 of 94
Observer

Just spent over 3 hrs and 9 different calks to Direct and AT&T phone numbers that I was assured 

were licated in USA and could speak fluent English.

I iniated set up of Direct TV for installation yesterday

and was reviewing the order confirmation for the $300.00 Visa Gift card which was showing up as $100.00.

This is the worst customer service I have ever expierenced and encourage anyone not to sugn up with Direct or ATT phone, internet. 

Message 54 of 94
Observer

Take it to your local news stations and keep pushing

vote out the politicians that support co’s that outsource there services. Mismanaged companys 

like AT&T will ultimately fold and the good ones will survive. 

Message 55 of 94
Highlighted

The fact that your signature is beyond unprofessional, solidifies how much I despise this service. 

Message 56 of 94
Observer

It’s a shame that America is such a sellout.  American citizens need employment. It’s so frustrating hearing the same protocol script read to you every time you call.  I will try a few of the phone numbers given above and hope to speak to an agent I can I understand. 

Message 57 of 94
Observer

Some of them will NOT transfer you. I ask to speak to supervisor and was told the supervisor did not want to talk to me. Today she said they have no way of connecting me to United States, so I ask for super and she told me the same thing, they cannot transfer or even give me a number to call for United States😡 I take names and employee numbers of the people that will not transfer but it does not seem to make a difference. If AT&T would listen to more of those phone calls they would be appalled at the customer service some of us are getting

Message 58 of 94
Observer

They don't care. Its all about profits not service
Message 59 of 94
Observer

Got a Filipino I couldn't understand, asked to be transferred stateside and was on hold so long I hung up. Finally got someone who was helping me when I was cutoff. The customer rep had my phone number but never called me back. This was the second time this happened. Customer service is abysmal. I'm looking for alternatives now. I'm thinking about cancelling my landline and going internet only with another provider. I hate AT&T.

Message 60 of 94
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support