Helpful Links

RIP Roger Ebert

Teacher

RIP Roger Ebert

I'm sure by now many of you have heard about the passing of Roger Ebert.  I for one will never forget growing up (pre-Internet) waiting to watch "At the Movies" to see the latest movie trailers and hear him thoughts on new and old movies.  Living in a small town, his program introduced me to movies I might not otherwise have known about.  I am now a movie nut for life!

He will be missed... Thumbs Up forever!

-Bill (stilgar73)

twitter: @stilgar

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: RIP Roger Ebert

In his final blog entry penned earlier this week, Ebert addressed his illness and essentially said goodbye ... writing:

"It really stinks that the cancer has returned and that I have spent too many days in the hospital. So on bad days I may write about the vulnerability that accompanies illness. On good days, I may wax ecstatic about a movie so good it transports me beyond illness."

"So on this day of reflection I say again, thank you for going on this journey with me. I'll see you at the movies."

I like to think that Gene (Siskel) has been up there in Heaven's Balconey waiting for Roger.  Smiley Sad

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Looks like we have our 3rd death

Looks like the "They Die in 3s" theory has come to fruition once again:

• Roger Ebert on 4/4 after a long battle with cancer.  He was 70.
  • Annette Funnicello, 70, died on Mon. 4/8 after a long battle with MS. 
  • Margaret Thatcher also died on Mon. 4/8 at the age of 87 after suffering a stroke.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support