Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Apr 5, 2013
8:54:40 AM
View profile
RIP Roger Ebert

I'm sure by now many of you have heard about the passing of Roger Ebert.  I for one will never forget growing up (pre-Internet) waiting to watch "At the Movies" to see the latest movie trailers and hear him thoughts on new and old movies.  Living in a small town, his program introduced me to movies I might not otherwise have known about.  I am now a movie nut for life!

He will be missed... Thumbs Up forever!

-Bill (stilgar73)

twitter: @stilgar

I'm sure by now many of you have heard about the passing of Roger Ebert.  I for one will never forget growing up (pre-Internet) waiting to watch "At the Movies" to see the latest movie trailers and hear him thoughts on new and old movies.  Living in a small town, his program introduced me to movies I might not otherwise have known about.  I am now a movie nut for life!

He will be missed... Thumbs Up forever!

-Bill (stilgar73)

twitter: @stilgar

RIP Roger Ebert

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2013 9:47:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

In his final blog entry penned earlier this week, Ebert addressed his illness and essentially said goodbye ... writing:

"It really stinks that the cancer has returned and that I have spent too many days in the hospital. So on bad days I may write about the vulnerability that accompanies illness. On good days, I may wax ecstatic about a movie so good it transports me beyond illness."

"So on this day of reflection I say again, thank you for going on this journey with me. I'll see you at the movies."

I like to think that Gene (Siskel) has been up there in Heaven's Balconey waiting for Roger.  Smiley Sad

In his final blog entry penned earlier this week, Ebert addressed his illness and essentially said goodbye ... writing:

"It really stinks that the cancer has returned and that I have spent too many days in the hospital. So on bad days I may write about the vulnerability that accompanies illness. On good days, I may wax ecstatic about a movie so good it transports me beyond illness."

"So on this day of reflection I say again, thank you for going on this journey with me. I'll see you at the movies."

I like to think that Gene (Siskel) has been up there in Heaven's Balconey waiting for Roger.  Smiley Sad

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: RIP Roger Ebert

2 of 3 (143 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2013 5:37:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Looks like the "They Die in 3s" theory has come to fruition once again:

• Roger Ebert on 4/4 after a long battle with cancer.  He was 70.
  • Annette Funnicello, 70, died on Mon. 4/8 after a long battle with MS. 
  • Margaret Thatcher also died on Mon. 4/8 at the age of 87 after suffering a stroke.

Looks like the "They Die in 3s" theory has come to fruition once again:

• Roger Ebert on 4/4 after a long battle with cancer.  He was 70.
  • Annette Funnicello, 70, died on Mon. 4/8 after a long battle with MS. 
  • Margaret Thatcher also died on Mon. 4/8 at the age of 87 after suffering a stroke.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Looks like we have our 3rd death

3 of 3 (119 Views)