Explore & discover

Helpful Links

New viewing options for AT&T

New viewing options for AT&T

Variety magazine has an interesting article regarding future viewing options that do not require an STB or DVR.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 1 of 5
Professor

Re: New viewing options for AT&T

I remember back in the 80's and early 90's not needing a cable box. Strange how we're coming full circle now.
-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 2 of 5
Expert

OU, might be this:

In the 25 percent of AT&T's wireline customer locations where it's currently not economically feasible to build a competitive IP wireline network, the company said it will utilize its expanding 4G LTE wireless network -- as it becomes available -- to offer voice and high-speed IP Internet services. The company's 4G LTE network will cover 99 percent of all in-region customer locations. AT&T's 4G LTE network offers speeds competitive with, if not higher than, what is available on wired broadband networks today. And in many places, AT&T's 4G LTE service will be the first high speed IP broadband service available to many customers.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=23506&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35661&mapcode=corporate Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Master

Didn't user Kong57 report talking to someone who mentioned moving programming to the cloud?  Could this be that?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Professor

hdhascall wrote:

Didn't user Kong57 report talking to someone who mentioned moving programming to the cloud?  Could this be that?

I think this is more of the plan of having the gateway acting a super STB distributing all TV signals throughout your house via the coax/Ethernet cabling already in place.

"The cloud" distribution idea is already in place in the form of VOD services.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support