Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 5, 2013
3:09:24 PM
View profile
New viewing options for AT&T

Variety magazine has an interesting article regarding future viewing options that do not require an STB or DVR.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Variety magazine has an interesting article regarding future viewing options that do not require an STB or DVR.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

New viewing options for AT&T

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2013 3:26:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
I remember back in the 80's and early 90's not needing a cable box. Strange how we're coming full circle now.
-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
I remember back in the 80's and early 90's not needing a cable box. Strange how we're coming full circle now.
-------

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New viewing options for AT&T

2 of 5 (337 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2013 11:13:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

OU, might be this:

In the 25 percent of AT&T's wireline customer locations where it's currently not economically feasible to build a competitive IP wireline network, the company said it will utilize its expanding 4G LTE wireless network -- as it becomes available -- to offer voice and high-speed IP Internet services. The company's 4G LTE network will cover 99 percent of all in-region customer locations. AT&T's 4G LTE network offers speeds competitive with, if not higher than, what is available on wired broadband networks today. And in many places, AT&T's 4G LTE service will be the first high speed IP broadband service available to many customers.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=23506&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35661&mapcode=corporate Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

OU, might be this:

In the 25 percent of AT&T's wireline customer locations where it's currently not economically feasible to build a competitive IP wireline network, the company said it will utilize its expanding 4G LTE wireless network -- as it becomes available -- to offer voice and high-speed IP Internet services. The company's 4G LTE network will cover 99 percent of all in-region customer locations. AT&T's 4G LTE network offers speeds competitive with, if not higher than, what is available on wired broadband networks today. And in many places, AT&T's 4G LTE service will be the first high speed IP broadband service available to many customers.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=23506&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35661&mapcode=corporate Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

3 of 5 (293 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2013 11:29:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Didn't user Kong57 report talking to someone who mentioned moving programming to the cloud?  Could this be that?

Didn't user Kong57 report talking to someone who mentioned moving programming to the cloud?  Could this be that?

4 of 5 (247 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2013 4:42:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

hdhascall wrote:

I think this is more of the plan of having the gateway acting a super STB distributing all TV signals throughout your house via the coax/Ethernet cabling already in place.

"The cloud" distribution idea is already in place in the form of VOD services.

-------

hdhascall wrote:

I think this is more of the plan of having the gateway acting a super STB distributing all TV signals throughout your house via the coax/Ethernet cabling already in place.

"The cloud" distribution idea is already in place in the form of VOD services.

-------

5 of 5 (236 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments