New forum design... WHY!?!?

Guru

New forum design... WHY!?!?

First of all, this thing is the most Javascript heavy site I've ever seen and I use GMail's web mail interface as my primary gateway to my email.  1. This site.  2. Gmail

Second, why in God's name is this thing so width limited?  I have a 23-inch wide screen monitor and 60% of the space on the screen is wasted.  Can we please make these forums take up the full width of the user's horizonal browser space?

Message 1 of 34 (2,556 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: New forum design... WHY!?!?

trparky wrote:

First of all, this thing is the most Javascript heavy site I've ever seen and I use GMail's web mail interface as my primary gateway to my email.  1. This site.  2. Gmail

Second, why in God's name is this thing so width limited?  I have a 23-inch wide screen monitor and 60% of the space on the screen is wasted.  Can we please make these forums take up the full width of the user's horizonal browser space?

Can't you Ctrl + to make it fill the screen, it came to me full width when it changed as FF already had the setting for the same website. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 34 (2,164 Views)
Community Manager

Hi everyone, we truly appreciate all your feedback and we're actively working on many improvements for future releases.

Thanks again!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 17 of 34 (2,023 Views)
ACE - Master

FIX IT!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 34 (2,007 Views)
ACE - Professor

dhascall wrote:

@trparky - I think that Lithium sold AT&T an upgrade, aka a bill of goods. AT&T bought it, of course.  I'm betting that it was above the pay grades of the moderators on the forum.  It still blows that it was rammed down the users (all levels) throat's.

Go to Lithium's own message board and you can see it's running the same new platform as this one but is 10,000 times better. AT&T severly gimped the new board in favor of "Community focus" as they have been putting it, but all it really has done so far is highlight people complaing on the entrance. That's not somehting you want customers to see when they first arrive.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 19 of 34 (1,981 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

americangame wrote:

dhascall wrote:

@trparky - I think that Lithium sold AT&T an upgrade, aka a bill of goods. AT&T bought it, of course.  I'm betting that it was above the pay grades of the moderators on the forum.  It still blows that it was rammed down the users (all levels) throat's.

Go to Lithium's own message board and you can see it's running the same new platform as this one but is 10,000 times better. AT&T severly gimped the new board in favor of "Community focus" as they have been putting it, but all it really has done so far is highlight people complaing on the entrance. That's not somehting you want customers to see when they first arrive.

Yeah we have been told that the call on this implementation was 100% AT&T's.  AND that is why I have zero faith in U-Verse's potential in regards to Mediaroom being purchased by Ericsson.   AT&T uses a "highly customized" version of Mediaroom.  So they can make it as robust or not, as they want.  My guess it will be the latter. Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 34 (1,958 Views)
Scholar

Just put it back the way it was. No fix or new features required.

Message 21 of 34 (1,946 Views)
Mentor

This is just plain BAD.

Message 22 of 34 (1,941 Views)
Guru

[ Edited ]

I wonder how much AT&T paid for this piece of crap.  God, I've seen vBulletin and Invision Power Board powered forums run better than this piece of crap.  Heck, even phpBB and SimpleMachines are better than this thing and both of them are free (and open source no less)

Message 23 of 34 (1,913 Views)
Guru

I know why

look who is running the ship

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!
Message 24 of 34 (1,866 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

TERRIBLE DESIGN !!!!!

Please go back to the previous verison.

Message 25 of 34 (1,793 Views)
Scholar

Put my 2 cents in, this forum is horrible.  I cant even see the dates posted it says oct 7 and 0182 on all the posts.  I think the 'upgrade' was to effectively hide all the most egregious complaints people make here.  Just go back to the way it was while you are looking for ways to fix it.  Standard forum formats work fine everywhere else, why not here?

That is not a rhetorical question, by the way.

Message 26 of 34 (1,769 Views)
ACE - Master

little birdy wrote:

Put my 2 cents in, this forum is horrible.  I cant even see the dates posted it says oct 7 and 0182 on all the posts.  I think the 'upgrade' was to effectively hide all the most egregious complaints people make here.  Just go back to the way it was while you are looking for ways to fix it.  Standard forum formats work fine everywhere else, why not here?

Yeah I really don't know what the motivation was.  There does seem to be a drop off in new complaints / posts so could be.  I'm sure Lithium (the forum software provider) probably forced them into buying the newest version, under a contractual clause and then AT&T just went nuts.  Trust me, no one is trying to throw the moderators under the bus as the decision to implement! implement! implement! was probably above their pay grade but everyone was warned and no one listened.

Message 27 of 34 (1,743 Views)
ACE - Professor

little birdy wrote:

Really? When I go to the main page, I see at least 5 complaints front and center on the entracne page. Maybe it's different if I'm not logged in.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 28 of 34 (1,738 Views)
ACE - Master

americangame wrote:

little birdy wrote:

Really? When I go to the main page, I see at least 5 complaints front and center on the entracne page. Maybe it's different if I'm not logged in.

Part of it might be a maturation of the U-Verse product but there used to be triple that, in recent months.  AND is that 5 new complaints showing just under U-Verse, which encompasses billing, U-Verse, Wireless and so on.  IMO, the forums are dead.  They died abouit a month ago.

Back in the day (2010?), there may be 60 new posts/day in the "Billing" section, alone.

Message 29 of 34 (1,734 Views)
Tutor

Yeah, I just logged in to create a post and I'm totally mixed up.

Not liking the new design/format at all.

Message 30 of 34 (1,682 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.