NASCAR is back

NASCAR is back

Man, what a race last night.  I like the tweaks they have made with the car this year, you can actually pass at Daytona without having a huge train. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 1 of 227 (7,942 Views)

Re: NASCAR is back

Yes, I've seen it, and it is a very touching show. Don't forget Harvick won in Atlanta 3 races after taking over Earnhardts ride.

Most NASCAR fans feel that NASCAR should stay out of the Mears/Ambrose issue and chalk it up to "have at it boys"  They weren't on the track and other than Casey getting a bit of a fat lip, no one was really hurt.  NASCAR was made famous in 1979 watching the Allison Brothers and Cale Yarbrough duke it out after the race and people still see the clips of Jimmy Spencer / Kurt Busch scuffle.  

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 61 of 227 (1,455 Views)
Employee

I wish I would have seen that race.  I heard about it the next day.  I did get the notice on my phone abt the fines to the drivers.

Can anyone tell me where I may be able see or rent "The Day, Remembering Dale Earnhardt"?  I remember seeing part of that race, but I was not pay much attention.  I have been a race fan since about late 80's.  I never really was any one certain driver, but of course when Earnhart and Rusty would battle it out you had to pick one.

Yesterday was a day for people getting fined in the sports world.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 62 of 227 (1,444 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

flutist1963 wrote:

I wish I would have seen that race.  I heard about it the next day.  I did get the notice on my phone abt the fines to the drivers.

Can anyone tell me where I may be able see or rent "The Day, Remembering Dale Earnhardt"?  I remember seeing part of that race, but I was not pay much attention.  I have been a race fan since about late 80's.  I never really was any one certain driver, but of course when Earnhart and Rusty would battle it out you had to pick one.

The episode is on youtube.  Been a racing fan since the late 70's.  There are two good books out, both by the same guy (Bob Zeller) on Mark Martin and Rusty.  You can get them used on abebooks for less than $10.

I will always remember Rusty with this car, from the ASA:

Yesterday was a day for people getting fined in the sports world.

Yep, at least one was deserving.   Smiley Wink

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 63 of 227 (1,437 Views)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

Yes, I've seen it, and it is a very touching show. Don't forget Harvick won in Atlanta 3 races after taking over Earnhardts ride.

Most NASCAR fans feel that NASCAR should stay out of the Mears/Ambrose issue and chalk it up to "have at it boys"  They weren't on the track and other than Casey getting a bit of a fat lip, no one was really hurt.  NASCAR was made famous in 1979 watching the Allison Brothers and Cale Yarbrough duke it out after the race and people still see the clips of Jimmy Spencer / Kurt Busch scuffle.  

It was actually a fat eye, lol.  Casey was in a marathon the next day and wore sunglasses to cover the bruise and swollen eye.  One of the sporting blog sites (SBNation?) had a slow mo of it.  You should see the mouth go wide open on one of Ambrose's crew guys when Marcos threw that punch.  I could sense some instant regret on his face, after he did it.  Oops, mate! Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 64 of 227 (1,433 Views)
Employee

thank you for that info.  I may try to see if I get anything for my Kindle.  I have not read an actual book in almost 3 years. 

I am going to make sure I see the race on Sunday.  I need my NASCAR fix.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 65 of 227 (1,427 Views)
ACE - Master

flutist1963 wrote:

thank you for that info.  I may try to see if I get anything for my Kindle.  I have not read an actual book in almost 3 years. 

I am going to make sure I see the race on Sunday.  I need my NASCAR fix.

Even if they are available for Kindle, it would not do them justice as these books are pictorals.  Many old school photos of those two.

Mark Martin Book for less than $4 shipped!

Book on Rusty also just a bit over $3.

Message 66 of 227 (1,416 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

I will see if I can get copies off of amazon, if not time to hit the bookstore.

thanks for the info

Employee Contributor*
Message 67 of 227 (1,411 Views)
ACE - Master

Those links take you to Abebooks, which is associated with Amazon.  Best place to find used books.  Many are $3+ shipped.

Message 68 of 227 (1,404 Views)
Employee

anyone planning on watching the race this weekend?

I am looking forward to the 600 next weekend.  This is one of the few races during the year that I tell my family to go away and let me watch the race.

Employee Contributor*
Message 69 of 227 (1,375 Views)

Hopefully it will be wreckers or checkers since no points on the line and lots of scores to settle.  I love watching the racing at Charolette.  600 is a long race and you have to have your car setup for long runs plus the day/night transition.  Will see some comers and goes.  If teams are smart they will have it set up for the night time as long as they can maintain lead lap during the day.

Message 70 of 227 (1,368 Views)

And out of nowhere, Josh Wise in the #98 Dogecoin car driving for Phil Parson's Racing has gotten the fan vote for the All-Star race tomorrow night.  Did not see that one coming.  I would have expected Danica, Dillion or Larson to get the vote.  I'm guessing Reddit is a bigger deal than I ever knew.  That's how Josh got sponsorship for Talledega.

Message 71 of 227 (1,366 Views)
ACE - Master

Wise is emerging as a whale (word filter avoidance) of a driver.  I remember at Bristol that he came out of the pits late, on a restart, directly in front of laeder Kyle Busch.  He stayed there for 50 laps.  That's good given that Phil's cars aren't top notch.  i will say the the 98 is better than the 35, that Wise drove last year.  I'm not sure why McRacer (McDowell) left Parson's ride, last year.  Landon Cassell is pretty good, too.

Message 72 of 227 (1,346 Views)

Haven't been on much lately.  Heck of a racing weekend. Was up early and watch the Monaco GP, family then went to the Dallas World Aquarium so I missed the Indy 500, then watched the Coke 600.  Pretty good race and now what's the press going to write about now that 6 time has finally won a race this year.  Was pulling for Kurt to have at least a top 10 after finishing 6th at Indy as a rookie and in a back up car.  Looked like he might be able to do it after starting in the back and watching him and his brother form a tandem and work their way up.  Boom, 900 miles of racing and his motor hand grenades.  Felt bad.  On to the Monster Mile this weekend. Should be some good racing.

Message 73 of 227 (1,332 Views)
ACE - Master

Speaking of Boom.  "Jimmie Johnson, boom, confetti."  Whee.  Pfft.  Same story, different year.Smiley Indifferent  Guess there will be no "Johnson Block" this year..... Smiley Very Happy

Message 74 of 227 (1,323 Views)

Those that were saying that Jimmie Johnson hadn't won a race yet need to start asking is he going to lose a race again.  Two in a row now.  Whether you like him or not, he's got loads of talent.  Thought for sure Kyle was going to get parked for a week or so after his brush up with Clint but his team managed to stop him from doing something stupid.  At least Clint's spotter was man enough to take responsiblity and admit he thought his driver was clear.    Loved Clint's response when Matt spun his tires and he got into the back of him,  "not another Gibb's car".  

Message 75 of 227 (1,293 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.