Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 16, 2014
3:40:53 AM
View profile
NASCAR is back

Man, what a race last night.  I like the tweaks they have made with the car this year, you can actually pass at Daytona without having a huge train. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Man, what a race last night.  I like the tweaks they have made with the car this year, you can actually pass at Daytona without having a huge train. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

NASCAR is back

226 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(226)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2014 6:11:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yes, I've seen it, and it is a very touching show. Don't forget Harvick won in Atlanta 3 races after taking over Earnhardts ride.

Most NASCAR fans feel that NASCAR should stay out of the Mears/Ambrose issue and chalk it up to "have at it boys"  They weren't on the track and other than Casey getting a bit of a fat lip, no one was really hurt.  NASCAR was made famous in 1979 watching the Allison Brothers and Cale Yarbrough duke it out after the race and people still see the clips of Jimmy Spencer / Kurt Busch scuffle.  

Yes, I've seen it, and it is a very touching show. Don't forget Harvick won in Atlanta 3 races after taking over Earnhardts ride.

Most NASCAR fans feel that NASCAR should stay out of the Mears/Ambrose issue and chalk it up to "have at it boys"  They weren't on the track and other than Casey getting a bit of a fat lip, no one was really hurt.  NASCAR was made famous in 1979 watching the Allison Brothers and Cale Yarbrough duke it out after the race and people still see the clips of Jimmy Spencer / Kurt Busch scuffle.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: NASCAR is back

61 of 227 (1,414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 6:04:59 AM
(0)
Employee

I wish I would have seen that race.  I heard about it the next day.  I did get the notice on my phone abt the fines to the drivers.

Can anyone tell me where I may be able see or rent "The Day, Remembering Dale Earnhardt"?  I remember seeing part of that race, but I was not pay much attention.  I have been a race fan since about late 80's.  I never really was any one certain driver, but of course when Earnhart and Rusty would battle it out you had to pick one.

Yesterday was a day for people getting fined in the sports world.

I wish I would have seen that race.  I heard about it the next day.  I did get the notice on my phone abt the fines to the drivers.

Can anyone tell me where I may be able see or rent "The Day, Remembering Dale Earnhardt"?  I remember seeing part of that race, but I was not pay much attention.  I have been a race fan since about late 80's.  I never really was any one certain driver, but of course when Earnhart and Rusty would battle it out you had to pick one.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

62 of 227 (1,403 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 10:17:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Apr 30, 2014 at 10:22:16 AM

flutist1963 wrote:

The episode is on youtube.  Been a racing fan since the late 70's.  There are two good books out, both by the same guy (Bob Zeller) on Mark Martin and Rusty.  You can get them used on abebooks for less than $10.

I will always remember Rusty with this car, from the ASA:

Yep, at least one was deserving.   Smiley Wink

flutist1963 wrote:

The episode is on youtube.  Been a racing fan since the late 70's.  There are two good books out, both by the same guy (Bob Zeller) on Mark Martin and Rusty.  You can get them used on abebooks for less than $10.

I will always remember Rusty with this car, from the ASA:

Yep, at least one was deserving.   Smiley Wink

[ Edited ]
63 of 227 (1,396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 10:31:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

It was actually a fat eye, lol.  Casey was in a marathon the next day and wore sunglasses to cover the bruise and swollen eye.  One of the sporting blog sites (SBNation?) had a slow mo of it.  You should see the mouth go wide open on one of Ambrose's crew guys when Marcos threw that punch.  I could sense some instant regret on his face, after he did it.  Oops, mate! Smiley Happy

oufanindallas wrote:

It was actually a fat eye, lol.  Casey was in a marathon the next day and wore sunglasses to cover the bruise and swollen eye.  One of the sporting blog sites (SBNation?) had a slow mo of it.  You should see the mouth go wide open on one of Ambrose's crew guys when Marcos threw that punch.  I could sense some instant regret on his face, after he did it.  Oops, mate! Smiley Happy

64 of 227 (1,392 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 11:40:30 AM
(0)
Employee

thank you for that info.  I may try to see if I get anything for my Kindle.  I have not read an actual book in almost 3 years. 

I am going to make sure I see the race on Sunday.  I need my NASCAR fix.

thank you for that info.  I may try to see if I get anything for my Kindle.  I have not read an actual book in almost 3 years. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

65 of 227 (1,386 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2014 9:05:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

flutist1963 wrote:

Even if they are available for Kindle, it would not do them justice as these books are pictorals.  Many old school photos of those two.

Mark Martin Book for less than $4 shipped!

Book on Rusty also just a bit over $3.

flutist1963 wrote:

Even if they are available for Kindle, it would not do them justice as these books are pictorals.  Many old school photos of those two.

Mark Martin Book for less than $4 shipped!

Book on Rusty also just a bit over $3.

66 of 227 (1,375 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2014 10:44:48 AM
(0)
Employee

I will see if I can get copies off of amazon, if not time to hit the bookstore.

thanks for the info

I will see if I can get copies off of amazon, if not time to hit the bookstore.

thanks for the info

67 of 227 (1,370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2014 11:05:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Those links take you to Abebooks, which is associated with Amazon.  Best place to find used books.  Many are $3+ shipped.

Those links take you to Abebooks, which is associated with Amazon.  Best place to find used books.  Many are $3+ shipped.

68 of 227 (1,363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2014 6:24:39 AM
(0)
Employee

anyone planning on watching the race this weekend?

I am looking forward to the 600 next weekend.  This is one of the few races during the year that I tell my family to go away and let me watch the race.

anyone planning on watching the race this weekend?

I am looking forward to the 600 next weekend.  This is one of the few races during the year that I tell my family to go away and let me watch the race.

69 of 227 (1,334 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2014 4:23:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Hopefully it will be wreckers or checkers since no points on the line and lots of scores to settle.  I love watching the racing at Charolette.  600 is a long race and you have to have your car setup for long runs plus the day/night transition.  Will see some comers and goes.  If teams are smart they will have it set up for the night time as long as they can maintain lead lap during the day.

Hopefully it will be wreckers or checkers since no points on the line and lots of scores to settle.  I love watching the racing at Charolette.  600 is a long race and you have to have your car setup for long runs plus the day/night transition.  Will see some comers and goes.  If teams are smart they will have it set up for the night time as long as they can maintain lead lap during the day.

70 of 227 (1,327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2014 4:58:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

And out of nowhere, Josh Wise in the #98 Dogecoin car driving for Phil Parson's Racing has gotten the fan vote for the All-Star race tomorrow night.  Did not see that one coming.  I would have expected Danica, Dillion or Larson to get the vote.  I'm guessing Reddit is a bigger deal than I ever knew.  That's how Josh got sponsorship for Talledega.

And out of nowhere, Josh Wise in the #98 Dogecoin car driving for Phil Parson's Racing has gotten the fan vote for the All-Star race tomorrow night.  Did not see that one coming.  I would have expected Danica, Dillion or Larson to get the vote.  I'm guessing Reddit is a bigger deal than I ever knew.  That's how Josh got sponsorship for Talledega.

71 of 227 (1,325 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2014 10:30:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Wise is emerging as a whale (word filter avoidance) of a driver.  I remember at Bristol that he came out of the pits late, on a restart, directly in front of laeder Kyle Busch.  He stayed there for 50 laps.  That's good given that Phil's cars aren't top notch.  i will say the the 98 is better than the 35, that Wise drove last year.  I'm not sure why McRacer (McDowell) left Parson's ride, last year.  Landon Cassell is pretty good, too.

Wise is emerging as a whale (word filter avoidance) of a driver.  I remember at Bristol that he came out of the pits late, on a restart, directly in front of laeder Kyle Busch.  He stayed there for 50 laps.  That's good given that Phil's cars aren't top notch.  i will say the the 98 is better than the 35, that Wise drove last year.  I'm not sure why McRacer (McDowell) left Parson's ride, last year.  Landon Cassell is pretty good, too.

72 of 227 (1,305 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2014 2:35:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Haven't been on much lately.  Heck of a racing weekend. Was up early and watch the Monaco GP, family then went to the Dallas World Aquarium so I missed the Indy 500, then watched the Coke 600.  Pretty good race and now what's the press going to write about now that 6 time has finally won a race this year.  Was pulling for Kurt to have at least a top 10 after finishing 6th at Indy as a rookie and in a back up car.  Looked like he might be able to do it after starting in the back and watching him and his brother form a tandem and work their way up.  Boom, 900 miles of racing and his motor hand grenades.  Felt bad.  On to the Monster Mile this weekend. Should be some good racing.

Haven't been on much lately.  Heck of a racing weekend. Was up early and watch the Monaco GP, family then went to the Dallas World Aquarium so I missed the Indy 500, then watched the Coke 600.  Pretty good race and now what's the press going to write about now that 6 time has finally won a race this year.  Was pulling for Kurt to have at least a top 10 after finishing 6th at Indy as a rookie and in a back up car.  Looked like he might be able to do it after starting in the back and watching him and his brother form a tandem and work their way up.  Boom, 900 miles of racing and his motor hand grenades.  Felt bad.  On to the Monster Mile this weekend. Should be some good racing.

73 of 227 (1,291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2014 7:36:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Speaking of Boom.  "Jimmie Johnson, boom, confetti."  Whee.  Pfft.  Same story, different year.Smiley Indifferent  Guess there will be no "Johnson Block" this year..... Smiley Very Happy

Speaking of Boom.  "Jimmie Johnson, boom, confetti."  Whee.  Pfft.  Same story, different year.Smiley Indifferent  Guess there will be no "Johnson Block" this year..... Smiley Very Happy

74 of 227 (1,282 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2014 3:52:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Those that were saying that Jimmie Johnson hadn't won a race yet need to start asking is he going to lose a race again.  Two in a row now.  Whether you like him or not, he's got loads of talent.  Thought for sure Kyle was going to get parked for a week or so after his brush up with Clint but his team managed to stop him from doing something stupid.  At least Clint's spotter was man enough to take responsiblity and admit he thought his driver was clear.    Loved Clint's response when Matt spun his tires and he got into the back of him,  "not another Gibb's car".  

Those that were saying that Jimmie Johnson hadn't won a race yet need to start asking is he going to lose a race again.  Two in a row now.  Whether you like him or not, he's got loads of talent.  Thought for sure Kyle was going to get parked for a week or so after his brush up with Clint but his team managed to stop him from doing something stupid.  At least Clint's spotter was man enough to take responsiblity and admit he thought his driver was clear.    Loved Clint's response when Matt spun his tires and he got into the back of him,  "not another Gibb's car".  

75 of 227 (1,252 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2014 2:17:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Unfortunately somehow, SOMEHOW, I managed to delete the race from my DVR.  So, I'll have to check on the flak from the bruhaha.  Speaking of Johnson.  Probably from 96 or 97.  He started running ASA stock cars in 1998.  Rex Robbins (president of ASA) was falling all over himself singing praises of Johnson, much as he did Mark Martin, 20 years before that:

Unfortunately somehow, SOMEHOW, I managed to delete the race from my DVR.  So, I'll have to check on the flak from the bruhaha.  Speaking of Johnson.  Probably from 96 or 97.  He started running ASA stock cars in 1998.  Rex Robbins (president of ASA) was falling all over himself singing praises of Johnson, much as he did Mark Martin, 20 years before that:

76 of 227 (1,254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2014 2:53:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Kinda like the hype (and skills to back it up) Kyle Larson.  This kid has really impressed me. I didn't think he was ready for prime time after only one season in NW, but he's proving me wrong and sits at 10th in points.  May just see him win a race before the season is over.

Kinda like the hype (and skills to back it up) Kyle Larson.  This kid has really impressed me. I didn't think he was ready for prime time after only one season in NW, but he's proving me wrong and sits at 10th in points.  May just see him win a race before the season is over.

77 of 227 (1,254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2014 2:07:42 PM
(0)
Employee

I agree with you on that.  One of these days, I am going to go to a Pocono Race.  I live only about an hour away from the track, but I have never been to a race.

I have been to NH and Dover (at least 6 times).  About 20 years ago, there was a track that ran Busch (old name for NW) about 1/2 hour from me.  I can not remember the name of the track, but that is the place that got me hooked on stockcar racing.

The race on Sunday was fairly good.  I was actually watching to see how Larson would do.  I am looking forward to the 2 Pocono races and the next Dover race.  Dover is a great little track.  Maybe one day I will go to Bristol to see a night race there.

I agree with you on that.  One of these days, I am going to go to a Pocono Race.  I live only about an hour away from the track, but I have never been to a race.

I have been to NH and Dover (at least 6 times).  About 20 years ago, there was a track that ran Busch (old name for NW) about 1/2 hour from me.  I can not remember the name of the track, but that is the place that got me hooked on stockcar racing.

The race on Sunday was fairly good.  I was actually watching to see how Larson would do.  I am looking forward to the 2 Pocono races and the next Dover race.  Dover is a great little track.  Maybe one day I will go to Bristol to see a night race there.

78 of 227 (1,241 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2014 2:49:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I've been a NASCAR fan for years. I've been to Darlington 5 times (3 Winston Cup, 2 Busch) before they reconfigured the track. I saw Alan Kulwicki's last race.  I've been to Daytona for the 4th of July race and until this year I had a suite (wife got them from Yellowbook since her former company spent close to 10K per month with them) at Texas. I've been to truck, NW, Indycar and Cup cars there. 9 races / year for 3 years.

Hoping to be able to scrounge up the money for season passes again so I can at least get the pit passes again hopefully next year.

I've been a NASCAR fan for years. I've been to Darlington 5 times (3 Winston Cup, 2 Busch) before they reconfigured the track. I saw Alan Kulwicki's last race.  I've been to Daytona for the 4th of July race and until this year I had a suite (wife got them from Yellowbook since her former company spent close to 10K per month with them) at Texas. I've been to truck, NW, Indycar and Cup cars there. 9 races / year for 3 years.

Hoping to be able to scrounge up the money for season passes again so I can at least get the pit passes again hopefully next year.

79 of 227 (1,238 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 8:13:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Jun 6, 2014 at 8:16:27 AM

flutist1963 wrote:

That would be Nazareth.  That was a funky little track.  It was a storied dirt track (in the 60's and the 70's) and then they paved it, in the 80's.   Lot's of old Nationwoide tracks have disappeared: Nashville (both short and Superspeedway), Memphis, Gateway, Pikes Peak.   What up with dat?

As for Pocono, I know that @oufanindallas doesn't like it but it's just as funky as Nazareth - a real driver's track.

I also learned that CBSSports (643/1643) will televise three live ARCA short track races, starting with Elko, MN on 6/21!

flutist1963 wrote:

That would be Nazareth.  That was a funky little track.  It was a storied dirt track (in the 60's and the 70's) and then they paved it, in the 80's.   Lot's of old Nationwoide tracks have disappeared: Nashville (both short and Superspeedway), Memphis, Gateway, Pikes Peak.   What up with dat?

As for Pocono, I know that @oufanindallas doesn't like it but it's just as funky as Nazareth - a real driver's track.

I also learned that CBSSports (643/1643) will televise three live ARCA short track races, starting with Elko, MN on 6/21!

[ Edited ]
80 of 227 (1,221 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 8:59:02 AM
(0)
Employee

you are correct.  I should know the name of that town.  I use to go through on my way to son's soccer games in the Poconos.

I remember thinking when the track was closed that it was a shame I did not get to show my childern this track.  It was alot of fun for myself and my friend to go there without ever seeing a stockcar race in our lives.  I must have been in my mid-20's at the time.  I do not know what was more fun, the race or trying to get out of the parking lot.

I have never watched an ARCA race.  I will check to see if I can get CBS Sports on Directv and watch it.

I have warned all family members under pain of death that they can not talk to me until after the race has started on Sunday.  I like the start and finishes of races.  Only certain tracks to I pay attention to the middle of the race

you are correct.  I should know the name of that town.  I use to go through on my way to son's soccer games in the Poconos.

I remember thinking when the track was closed that it was a shame I did not get to show my childern this track.  It was alot of fun for myself and my friend to go there without ever seeing a stockcar race in our lives.  I must have been in my mid-20's at the time.  I do not know what was more fun, the race or trying to get out of the parking lot.

I have never watched an ARCA race.  I will check to see if I can get CBS Sports on Directv and watch it.

I have warned all family members under pain of death that they can not talk to me until after the race has started on Sunday.  I like the start and finishes of races.  Only certain tracks to I pay attention to the middle of the race

81 of 227 (1,215 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 11:20:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

There is a "Save Nazareth Speedway" facebook page.  Nazareth is Mario's hometown but I don't think that he wants to take it on.

I wish that I could watch the races live but with my situation, I DVR them and watch them on Monday.  I usually don't surf or watch the news Sunday night and since I telework on Mondays Smiley Wink the races usually play in the background.  I talked to my dad after the Kansas race and said "don't tell me who won..." and on the word "won," he said "I can't believe Gordon won...." Smiley Mad

There is a "Save Nazareth Speedway" facebook page.  Nazareth is Mario's hometown but I don't think that he wants to take it on.

I wish that I could watch the races live but with my situation, I DVR them and watch them on Monday.  I usually don't surf or watch the news Sunday night and since I telework on Mondays Smiley Wink the races usually play in the background.  I talked to my dad after the Kansas race and said "don't tell me who won..." and on the word "won," he said "I can't believe Gordon won...." Smiley Mad

82 of 227 (1,207 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 12:48:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

For me, even though Pocono is a unique track, it's 3 hour nap with cars in the background.  I'll admit with the new Gen-6 cars and shortening it to 400 miles have helped, but in this case, the start and finish will probably be what I watch.

For me, even though Pocono is a unique track, it's 3 hour nap with cars in the background.  I'll admit with the new Gen-6 cars and shortening it to 400 miles have helped, but in this case, the start and finish will probably be what I watch.

83 of 227 (1,204 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 3:46:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I bet I'm the only one that can fall asleep at a race with cars going almost 200 miles an hour!!  When I went to Texas we were in the camp ground and arrived on Thursday for the weekend.  We had pit passes, and tickets in the stands by the start finish line.  The bad thing was the fellow I went with got us a spot at what seemed like 5 miles from the track!!  It probably was the route we had to walk to get there, but it was a long way carrying Ice chests, food, and all that good stuff.  I swear it took us an hour to get to the tunnel that goes to the pit area. 

Anyway the Saturday Busch race was good but fell asleep about 3/4 of the way thru.  Then got so sunburned I couldn't make the Sprint race.  Stayed in the motorhome and watched it on the feed from the speedway via antenna.  That was the first and last time I will do that!!  If I go again I will have a darn room and just drive to the race.  That's what my Dad and I did back in I think was 2002.   

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

I bet I'm the only one that can fall asleep at a race with cars going almost 200 miles an hour!!  When I went to Texas we were in the camp ground and arrived on Thursday for the weekend.  We had pit passes, and tickets in the stands by the start finish line.  The bad thing was the fellow I went with got us a spot at what seemed like 5 miles from the track!!  It probably was the route we had to walk to get there, but it was a long way carrying Ice chests, food, and all that good stuff.  I swear it took us an hour to get to the tunnel that goes to the pit area. 

Anyway the Saturday Busch race was good but fell asleep about 3/4 of the way thru.  Then got so sunburned I couldn't make the Sprint race.  Stayed in the motorhome and watched it on the feed from the speedway via antenna.  That was the first and last time I will do that!!  If I go again I will have a darn room and just drive to the race.  That's what my Dad and I did back in I think was 2002.   

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

84 of 227 (1,199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2014 7:17:02 AM
(0)
Employee

Thanks for the facebook page.  I just heard that Indy cars will be racing at Pocono in July.  I do not remember the date, but I think it is the beginning of July.  The Andrettis are big time in this area.  I know they have been trying to get a Indy car race there for the last few years.

It will do good for the hotels and resorts in that area.

Thanks for the facebook page.  I just heard that Indy cars will be racing at Pocono in July.  I do not remember the date, but I think it is the beginning of July.  The Andrettis are big time in this area.  I know they have been trying to get a Indy car race there for the last few years.

It will do good for the hotels and resorts in that area.

85 of 227 (1,194 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2014 5:04:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Indycars in Pocono is July 6th 12:00 ET NBCSN 1640. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Indycars in Pocono is July 6th 12:00 ET NBCSN 1640. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

86 of 227 (1,186 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2014 5:23:15 AM
(0)
Employee

thank you.  I guess I should start watching the whole race.  I watched the first couple of laps and then went did some of my normal Sunday stuff.  I did receive notices on my cell phone, but I missed all but the last caution.

It was good to see Junior win another race.  I was actually impressed to Larson. 

It looks like Danica may be leaving Nascar.  I saw an article that states she is going to F1 soon.  She has been doing so well lately in Nascar, but can not catch a break.  Most of the issues she seems to be having do not have to do with driving, but with the car itself.

I am looking forward to MI next weekend.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

thank you.  I guess I should start watching the whole race.  I watched the first couple of laps and then went did some of my normal Sunday stuff.  I did receive notices on my cell phone, but I missed all but the last caution.

It was good to see Junior win another race.  I was actually impressed to Larson. 

It looks like Danica may be leaving Nascar.  I saw an article that states she is going to F1 soon.  She has been doing so well lately in Nascar, but can not catch a break.  Most of the issues she seems to be having do not have to do with driving, but with the car itself.

I am looking forward to MI next weekend.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

87 of 227 (1,162 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2014 6:00:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Indy ran at Pocono last year for the first time in ages.  Some call that track a "roval," which is either a modified road course or an oval/road course combined.  

I actually watched yesterday's race "same day," but Fast Forwarded right by the last lpass for the lead as I thought that the 2 had it in the bag.  Darned sandwich bags, lol.

Indy ran at Pocono last year for the first time in ages.  Some call that track a "roval," which is either a modified road course or an oval/road course combined.  

I actually watched yesterday's race "same day," but Fast Forwarded right by the last lpass for the lead as I thought that the 2 had it in the bag.  Darned sandwich bags, lol.

88 of 227 (1,158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2014 7:22:41 AM
(0)
Employee

I did not realize that Indy ran at Pocono last year.  I do not follow Indy racing.  I may watch it, but with it being summer I am not sure if I will home.

I agree with the sandwich bag note.

I did not realize that Indy ran at Pocono last year.  I do not follow Indy racing.  I may watch it, but with it being summer I am not sure if I will home.

I agree with the sandwich bag note.

89 of 227 (1,150 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2014 11:23:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

NASCAR on TNT absolutely blows!  Most unprepared lot, ever, except for Larry Mac.

NASCAR on TNT absolutely blows!  Most unprepared lot, ever, except for Larry Mac.

90 of 227 (1,143 Views)