NASCAR is back

NASCAR is back

Man, what a race last night.  I like the tweaks they have made with the car this year, you can actually pass at Daytona without having a huge train. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 1 of 227 (7,941 Views)

Re: NASCAR is back

I missed qualifying yesterday, but seeing who is on the pole for the Daytona 500, brought a chill down my spine and a bit of tear to my eye. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 2 of 227 (5,096 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

oufanindallas wrote:

I missed qualifying yesterday, but seeing who is on the pole for the Daytona 500, brought a chill down my spine and a bit of tear to my eye. 

There's a FB friend who is calling "bravo sierra" on the 3 getting the pole, legitimately.  I'm sure that it was legit as the 27 and 33 were good and Newman's (RCR's New Man, lol) was good too.  I DO think there might be some truth to Jeff Gordon having a 400 pound weight break at the first Brickyard and probably some "fiddling" going on with Petty's 200th win, at Daytona.  In front of everyone, God and Ronald Reagan, included. Smiley Tongue

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 227 (5,052 Views)

Obviously your FB friend doesn't really keep up with NASCAR.  The Dillon brothers are good, really really good.  Papa Childress has made them earn every step up in their career.  Austin led quite a bit last year at both Nationwide races.  I guess in a couple of years when RCR has both Dillons and they are battling for the top dawg he'll cry Bravo Siera as well since IMHO Ty is better than Austin.  They kinda remind me of the talent that the Busch brothers have, without the attitude. I'm glad Kurt got slapped down a notch and has had to work his way back up.  Now if someone would wreck the Shrub on the first lap it would make me a happy fan.

Message 4 of 227 (5,039 Views)
ACE - Master

now Kyle Petty is claiming Bravo Sierra, as well but you know Kyle.  Maybe some brain cells got messed or burned up?  I would normally think that it's sour grapes BUT there is a lot being made of the return of the 3, to cup, so who knows.  

You did hear that Johnson had all kinds of trouble getting through tech, but as usual, I'm sure no penalties.  Smiley Sad

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 227 (5,021 Views)

It's funny you mention Kyle, what Richard said about Danica only being able to win a race if noone else was on the track reminds me of Kyle, the same could be said about him he wasn't that great of a driver, though he did win a few.

As far and infractions, if they are pre-race, nothing will happen this year. The crew chief will have the chance to fix anything.  If the infraction occurs post race then penalties will be assessed. This is new for this year. An explanation can be found here

Message 6 of 227 (5,016 Views)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

It's funny you mention Kyle, what Richard said about Danica only being able to win a race if noone else was on the track reminds me of Kyle, the same could be said about him he wasn't that great of a driver, though he did win a few.

As far and infractions, if they are pre-race, nothing will happen this year. The crew chief will have the chance to fix anything.  If the infraction occurs post race then penalties will be assessed. This is new for this year. An explanation can be found here

I do recall changes coming.  That actually kind of blows - as the Chad Knaus's of the world will see what they can get away with, IMO, before qualifying.  I do like Chad - he's smart and likeable but loves to play in the grey area sandbox, more than most except for maybe Tony Furr.  I think he DQ'ed himself right out of good Crew Chief jobs.  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 227 (5,008 Views)

Remember Dave, in NASCAR, if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'.  There have been crew chiefs and car chiefs since the begging of time that have have pushed the boundries of the NASCAR rules.  What do you expect from a sport that got it's start from moonshiners?

Besides, the infraction that Jimmy's car had was something like 1/1000000th of an inch.  That's rediculous.

Did you watch the duels last night?  299 miles of clean racing and then Jimmy runs out of gas on the last lap.  Sucks for the cars behind him.

Going to be a fun race and lots of rookies in NASCAR this year that are actually going to be running full time.  Austin Dillon, Kyle Larson, Cole Whitt, Parker Klingerman, Alex Bowman, Michael Annett, Justin Allgeir, plus the few that are part timers. 

Message 8 of 227 (4,993 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

I didn't watch all of the post race stuff, so I didn't know that JJ ran out of gas.  I did see Clint's in car (actually tail light panel cam) of his "backside 360," lol.  He thought he was snowboardin.'  The 500 is usually tamer than the Duels but man, if they have green flag stops and different strategies, that will  be neat, once the packs get separated.

It will be an odd Daytona 500 without Mark Martin.  Miss him, already!

I have to make sure that the NW and Truck series are still set.   All are good!

Message 9 of 227 (4,979 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Here is some "eye candy" fo race fdans.  There are some big names in this race.   Part 2 should show in the sidebar.  The funny thing is Bob Jenkins calling "Richard" Vitale, "Richard" Vuh-tally.  C'mon....

Message 10 of 227 (4,966 Views)

The battle of the s exes is heating up.  Tony Stewart said that Danica should challenge Richard Petty to a race. Well, the King said he'd jump in a car and race her anyday.  I know he was a great driver, but I don't know if the King could race in today's NASCAR and be as successful.  Against Danica, maybe, but I'd pit most of the drivers today against Richard in his prime and most would probably beat him.

Message 11 of 227 (4,939 Views)

What a race last night!!!!  After the shrub led for over 6 1/2 hrs, things finally righted themselves in the NASCAR world and Jr. broke his 55 race winless streak. Seems that hot streak of three 2nd place finishes in the last 4 races last year is continuing.

Message 12 of 227 (4,905 Views)
ACE - Master

All three of NASCAR's top series races were good.  NOT a Junior fan, but it was exciting, nonethless.  The real season begins next week.

I am proud of Junior for admiting fault for the madness after the NNS race and offering to send help to hang bodies for the lower end cars that got chewed up.  I am a Regan Smith fan, so JRM had an alright week, lol.

As far as Hypeica, I mean Danica, a race against the King would be cool - maybe 25 laps on the Concord (NC) half mile.  A better test would be a race with Danica and Johanna Long.

Message 13 of 227 (4,880 Views)

I've been a fan of Jr's since his NNS (Busch Series) days racing for his Big E's company.  When he moved up I followed both.  When Dale died in 2001 I was in utter shock.  I've followed Little E from his hey day, to his dark days of missing the chase and have been hopeful every year that this will be the year.  Last year, if not for the blown engine during the Chase, he would have won his 1st championship without having won a single race.  Those 2nd place finishes do matter.  

I was working during the Nationwide race so I didn't see what happened with Jr.

Message 14 of 227 (4,873 Views)
ACE - Master

He wasn't paying attention after the race was over. He crossed the finish line and then went towards the apron and ran smack dab into the back of Kyle Larson which then collected Joe Nemechek, Ryan Sieg and James Buescher.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 15 of 227 (4,867 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.