Helpful Links

NASCAR Time for GEN 7 Car

Mentor

NASCAR Time for GEN 7 Car

After yesterdays hype for a fantastic race with better racing NASCAR better get moving on a Gen7 car because Gen 6 ain't no better than the cars it was supposed to replace. As for the broadcast, Darrel Waltrip sure has a thing for the ponytail princess that it made me sick when they did show racing, 3 laps and a commercial, 3 more laps and 5 more commercial.
Message 1 of 146

Re: NASCAR Time for GEN 7 Car

I'm going to cross post this in the TV Features as well, tonights Nationwide race is on ESPN News and not ESPN 2.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 61 of 146
ACE - Expert

It was a great Nationwide race, was it going to be Kyle or Kevin or Brad (looked like Sam Jr from the start)?  All looked like they could win it in the last 1/3 of the race, but Brad (yeah) got ahead and never let Kevin catch him (he was coming closer each lap though). Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 62 of 146
ACE - Master

Both NNS and Sprint cup races at 'Dega were excellent!  I like that flashes of the two car tandem showed up in the Cup race, too.  Ecveryone thought that Tandem was a new thing but Kenny Wallace helped Dale Earnhardt win in 2000, using the Tandem. They were 18th and 19th with 2 laps to go.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 63 of 146
ACE - Master

Loved the Aussie V8 Supercars from Austin - unfortuntely, I bet that the teams in the pits oitnumbered the fans in the stands.  Okay, not that bad but lots of empty seats.  Cool track.

Message 64 of 146

Went to the IRL race Saturday night at TMS.  What an exciting race.  The new package they have this year in IRL turned the race into a tire/fuel strategy.  Helio "Spiderman" Castronevis raced a supurb race and became the 1st 4 time winner by being able to stretch a tank of gas and set of time over 60 laps. Most teams were pitting between 40/50 laps.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 65 of 146
ACE - Expert

Great you saw a great race oufan, Pocono was nothing but another Jimmie show (yeah, I tried to root for him the last 2 years, but couldn't), looks like he going for six time. Smiley Mad

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

Message 66 of 146
ACE - Master

mibrnsurg wrote:

Great you saw a great race oufan, Pocono was nothing but another Jimmie show (yeah, I tried to root for him the last 2 years, but couldn't), looks like he going for six time. Smiley Mad

Chris

Yeah, JJ winning isn't great fo the sport.  For once, Pocono was boring.  Not sure if it was the repave or simply JJ.  It would hae been interesting seeing JJ and Newman conserve, if the yellows had not came out.  I think that Pocono and New Hampshire should trace three small main events on Sunday and invert the lineups. 

The Nationwide race from Iowa was good.  Max Papis had a wild ride.  Love Trevor Bayne.

Message 67 of 146
ACE - Expert

dhascall wrote:

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

Yeah, JJ winning isn't great fo the sport.  For once, Pocono was boring.  Not sure if it was the repave or simply JJ.  It would hae been interesting seeing JJ and Newman conserve, if the yellows had not came out.  I think that Pocono and New Hampshire should trace three small main events on Sunday and invert the lineups. 

The Nationwide race from Iowa was good.  Max Papis had a wild ride.  Love Trevor Bayne.

That was good seeing Trevor win at Iowa.  I was watching Pocono late Sunday nite, as there was too much to watch w/Nationwide Sunday too, but found Jimmie won and deleted the race half way thru.  Wouldn't have minded if anybody but Jimmie or Smoke won and would've watched the whole race. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Message 68 of 146
ACE - Master

mibrnsurg wrote:

dhascall wrote:

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

That was good seeing Trevor win at Iowa.  I was watching Pocono late Sunday nite, as there was too much to watch w/Nationwide Sunday too, but found Jimmie won and deleted the race half way thru.  Wouldn't have minded if anybody but Jimmie or Smoke won and would've watched the whole race. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

I know that Johnson is paid to drive race cars and he does a good job at it but it sure gets boring.  I would not be surprised in NASCAR doesn't go to some kind of inversion setup at some tracks to encourage passing and erase boredom.  The old ASA (American Speed Association), where D1ck Trickle, Mark Martin, Kulwicki, the Wallaces and so on got started, would often have Triple 100 lappers at short tracks.  First race was straight up by time trials (Top Qualifier on the pole), the second one a COMPLETE inversion from race 1.  The last place car would start on the pole and race 1 winner on the tail.  The third race saw half of the field inverted.  NASCAR could do that and maybe give a single point to each "heat" winner but the main points would come from who had the best overall finish.  In order to do good, you have to pass instead of just following.

Message 69 of 146
ACE - Master

udrive.jpg

Message 70 of 146

So long ABC/ESPN/TNT.  NBC has outbid ABC/ESPN/TNT for rights to air the 2nd half of the NASCAR season starting in 2015.  A press conference should be forthcoming.

Message 71 of 146

NASCAR Press release here.  Looks like NBC and it's affiliates will also be broadcasting the Nationwide, K&N Series, Whelen Modified and NASCAR Toyota (Mexico) series.

Message 72 of 146
ACE - Master

Good I can't stand Kyle Petty, Wally, and the crew that announces the races.  They call wrong car numbers and drivers, and just basically get things totally wrong.  The last race at NH they didn't even know what lap the race was on at one point. 

I wish they would just let the FOX crew do it all year. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 73 of 146
ACE - Master

BeeBeeSA wrote:

Good I can't stand Kyle Petty, Wally, and the crew that announces the races.  They call wrong car numbers and drivers, and just basically get things totally wrong.  The last race at NH they didn't even know what lap the race was on at one point. 

I wholeheartedly agree! 

Now going back to ESPN/TNT "losing out," not much of a surprise there as ESPN stated earlier that they were looking to shed the entire Nationwide deal and I think that indicated that they were not going to be as NASCAR-centric, anyway.  My big issue is that I consider each NASCAR "Cup" race to be like a "game of the week" and for some races, = to a Super Bowl and as such, they should be on broadcast TV.  ESPN only shows 1 or 2 cup races on "regular TV."  I pay for my dad to get "basic cable" and after FOX's coverage ends, he pretty much misses out.  Now in 14 or 15, FOX may move some to FS1.  Again, I feel that Cup races belong where most everyone can see them.

Message 74 of 146
ACE - Master

dhascall wrote:

BeeBeeSA wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree! 

Now going back to ESPN/TNT "losing out," not much of a surprise there as ESPN stated earlier that they were looking to shed the entire Nationwide deal and I think that indicated that they were not going to be as NASCAR-centric, anyway.  My big issue is that I consider each NASCAR "Cup" race to be like a "game of the week" and for some races, = to a Super Bowl and as such, they should be on broadcast TV.  ESPN only shows 1 or 2 cup races on "regular TV."  I pay for my dad to get "basic cable" and after FOX's coverage ends, he pretty much misses out.  Now in 14 or 15, FOX may move some to FS1.  Again, I feel that Cup races belong where most everyone can see them.

Agreed!! 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 75 of 146
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that!

Click here to check it out or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. You can quickly and easily resolve your service woes!

Do you need to contact us? Chat with us!

Additional Support