NASCAR Time for GEN 7 Car

Mentor

NASCAR Time for GEN 7 Car

After yesterdays hype for a fantastic race with better racing NASCAR better get moving on a Gen7 car because Gen 6 ain't no better than the cars it was supposed to replace. As for the broadcast, Darrel Waltrip sure has a thing for the ponytail princess that it made me sick when they did show racing, 3 laps and a commercial, 3 more laps and 5 more commercial.
Message 1 of 146

Re: NASCAR Time for GEN 7 Car

dhascall wrote:

Yeah RC made sure that the grandkids did it right.  He started them off on dirt, in  lower powered street stocks before moving them up.  Now, I can assure you, those street stocks were not some sort of High School welding project like a friend of mine's first race car was, lol.  They always had great equipment.  I think that Ty has more talent and "star power" than Austin does but we'll see how they do.

An RCR crewmember was suspended over the Martinsville incident for throwing a sledgehammer.

I was talking to my father in law and a friend about that and I agree. While Austin is a decent driver, I think Ty has more talent and can become an even bigger star than his brother, not to mention, he has one HAWT girlfriend. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 136 of 146
ACE - Master

Better be careful calling his GF Hawt, Mrs. Oufan might think that you are going "Brent Musberger" on us, lol.  My wife already knows that about me but she doesn't know who Brent Musberger is. Smiley Wink

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 137 of 146

My wife know the day I STOP looking and commenting will be the day they are burying me.  We were talking about hot daughters yesterday.  Allison Eastwood, Paulina Gretzky, Liv and Mia Tyler

Finally got this pic off my phone from Sunday's race.  Aric Amarola's pit box.  Fueled by Bacon

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 138 of 146
ACE - Master

Speaking of Bacon and TMS, I saw a photo of a bag of Bacon flavored Cotton Candy from the track. Did you see it?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 139 of 146

dhascall wrote:

Speaking of Bacon and TMS, I saw a photo of a bag of Bacon flavored Cotton Candy from the track. Did you see it?

Yeah, I've also talked to some folks who tried it and didn't like it. I'm still curious and considered trying it, but just couldn't bring myself to shell out the $$ for it.

Message 140 of 146
ACE - Master

On the broadcast they showed Rusty, Brad, Ray, and Nicole drinking some sort of bacon milk shake.  They all said it was really good.  Can't seem to wrap my taste buds around that!!Smiley Surprised

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 141 of 146
ACE - Master

What is up with NASCAR?  They are not just changing the guard, they are kicking the (old) guard to the ----- curb.  Last week was Bobby Labonte's last scheduled Cup ride.  This week's will be Mark Martin Smiley Sad , Ken Schrader and Jeff Burton's last scheduled Cup races.  Martin apperas to be retiring, err, going on to a new chapter (he said it).  Apparently had all kinds of offers.  Just not quite sure if I can stomach seeing JJ win chumpionship 7, 8, 9, 17. Smiley Mad  Yes, I spelled championship, with a "u."  He is a great guy and even spent a year in ASA, so he ain't bad people, just bad for the sport. Smiley Sad

Message 142 of 146
ACE - Master

I noticed all of that also.  Gonna miss the old timers.  Espically Mark Martin.  He never seems to have anything bad to say about anything!!  As for JJ, he and Chad are just that good.  Since he and Jr. are in the same shop, I wish some of that mo-jo would spill over to the 88 team.  It seems like Jr. is just so close but can't beat the darn 48.  Maybe this weekend........that would be a nice way for the 88 to close the season!! 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 143 of 146
ACE - Master

BeeBeeSA wrote:

I noticed all of that also.  Gonna miss the old timers.  Espically Mark Martin.  He never seems to have anything bad to say about anything!!  As for JJ, he and Chad are just that good.  Since he and Jr. are in the same shop, I wish some of that mo-jo would spill over to the 88 team.  It seems like Jr. is just so close but can't beat the darn 48.  Maybe this weekend........that would be a nice way for the 88 to close the season!! 

You know that Chad's dad, John Knaus and Martin used to race together, in ASA?  Back in the early 80's.  In fact, I bet I talked to Chad, in the pits.

Message 144 of 146

Well, JJ is closing in on becoming the driver with the most championships.  6 now in fewer seasons than either The King or The Intimidator.  Classy driver, clean driver for the most part, just too vanilla for me.  Nice to see Jr. end the season on such a positive streak.  With the exception of Chicago blowing a motor he may have won the whole thing.  The last 4 races he finished 2,2,2,3 and had the best finishing average of all the drivers in the chase at 8.5 even with the blown engine.  Let's hope that a year of experience with the Gen 7 car and a full season with Letarte can bring home the trophy next year.

Message 145 of 146
Highlighted
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

Well, JJ is closing in on becoming the driver with the most championships.  6 now in fewer seasons than either The King or The Intimidator.  Classy driver, clean driver for the most part, just too vanilla for me.  Nice to see Jr. end the season on such a positive streak.  With the exception of Chicago blowing a motor he may have won the whole thing.  The last 4 races he finished 2,2,2,3 and had the best finishing average of all the drivers in the chase at 8.5 even with the blown engine.  Let's hope that a year of experience with the Gen 7 car and a full season with Letarte can bring home the trophy next year.

Beebee and OuFan: Dale Jr. did come on strong at the end but he needs to win at least a couple of races during the regular season to have a legitimate chance.  In 2009, Mark Martin won 4 races through the regular season.  JJ won 3.  Had JJ not won those races (or only 1 or 2) in the regular season, MM might have smoked him.  That seeding really helps.

Message 146 of 146
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that!

Click here to check it out or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. You can quickly and easily resolve your service woes!

Do you need to contact us? Chat with us!

Additional Support