NASCAR Time for GEN 7 Car

Mentor

NASCAR Time for GEN 7 Car

After yesterdays hype for a fantastic race with better racing NASCAR better get moving on a Gen7 car because Gen 6 ain't no better than the cars it was supposed to replace. As for the broadcast, Darrel Waltrip sure has a thing for the ponytail princess that it made me sick when they did show racing, 3 laps and a commercial, 3 more laps and 5 more commercial.
Message 1 of 146 (3,561 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: NASCAR Time for GEN 7 Car

I guess what I don't understand about all of this is it's been going on for years!!  Well since the multi car teams came about.  How many times have you seen team mates running  one two and the leader slows to let the second place car get bonus points and then the original leader passes back? 

I think NASCAR needs to apply the rules across all races not just the final to set the chase.  Heck if they started at the beginning of the season they could probably penalize all kinds of teams.  I do think Clint went a little overboard by spinning out but NASCAR has forced their hand with this chase set up the way they have it.  We all know that these teams will do anything they can think of to try and get an advantage over another team.

I'm sure they say it's not in the rule book so it's legal!!  To me they should just make sure the car passes inspection before (and after the race) and then let them go.  Quit policing them so much.  It would be more exciting.

Look at the late Earnhardt.  He used to run into people, use the chrome horn, etc. and he was never penalized.  That was some of the best racing.  Now it's don't touch another car or your driving aggressively.  That's NASCAR's problem now in my opinion.  They have taken the driver emotion out of the race because if they do the slightest thing that MIGHT make NASCAR mad = Penalty.  Then heaven forbid they publicly voice their displeasure = Penalty  

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 121 of 146 (1,382 Views)
ACE - Master

Beebee - That is a bit different and easily solved (as Ricky Craven said), just eliminate the lap lead point.

NASCAR may have more to say and I would not be surprised if they give Gordon a Chase spot (or make up one/13th).  Had he placed one spot higher than JoLo, it might have went to a tie breaker.  If not Gordon would get in the Chase in 10th and JoLo would have gotten in on his one win.  Newman and Truex would have been oit as KK had 2 wins.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 122 of 146 (1,371 Views)
ACE - Master

That's what I mean about this chase format.  It's too complicated.  I understand it, but for the viewer that is just tuning into NASCAR they are totally lost which makes them switch back to the football game since they understand how that scoring works.  They have had the same scoring rules forever.  If you watched football as a kid and your older now it's still the same.

NASCAR needs to do the same thing......Come up with something that says you get points for this or that and be done.  Get rid of the lucky dog.  Get rid of not being able to race back to the caution.  Get rid of pit road speed limits.  Put it back the way it was.  Let the drivers decide the penalties against another driver.  The penalty is an @*% whipping.  It worked before NASCAR started acting like the government by imposing all kinds of silly rules, why won't it now? 

Off soap box now....... 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 123 of 146 (1,369 Views)
ACE - Master

BeeBeeSA wrote:

That's what I mean about this chase format.  It's too complicated.  I understand it, but for the viewer that is just tuning into NASCAR they are totally lost which makes them switch back to the football game since they understand how that scoring works.  They have had the same scoring rules forever.  If you watched football as a kid and your older now it's still the same.

NASCAR needs to do the same thing......Come up with something that says you get points for this or that and be done.  Get rid of the lucky dog.  Get rid of not being able to race back to the caution.  Get rid of pit road speed limits.  Put it back the way it was.  Let the drivers decide the penalties against another driver.  The penalty is an @*% whipping.  It worked before NASCAR started acting like the government by imposing all kinds of silly rules, why won't it now? 

Off soap box now....... 

The lucky dog was kind of mandated when the fans wanted double file restarts.  Jeff Gordon and his brother from another mother, Robby Gordon were the reason that racing back to the flag were done away with.  On road courses, Robby would pass OTHER LEAD LAP cars, back to the flag, on a caution.  That was against the established gentleman's agreement and then good old selfish Jeff Gordon would block, crash and weave to stop lapped cars from getting back a lap.  AND since the fans wanted Double file restarts for position, you kind of need the wave around to give lapped cars a chance of getting back on the lead lap.  Many of the changes have been in place in short track racing for years, so NASCAR had to do something.  One big thing that I would love to see is that the drivers should be able to race back to the line on the last lap (if a caution or red comes out).  Short track races do that. 

Message 124 of 146 (1,343 Views)
ACE - Master

Bye Bye NAPA at the end of the season for MWR.

Message 125 of 146 (1,324 Views)
ACE - Master

BeeBeeSA wrote:

Bye Bye NAPA at the end of the season for MWR.

I figure that there will be more fallout from MWR's actions at Richmond.  Bowyer does not have huge sponsors for some races and now the 56 will have none. 

Message 126 of 146 (1,318 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

I read about them possibly closing up shop on the 56 car and only having the 15 and 55 if they can't find a full time sponsor for the 56.  Theres talk of Truex moving to the 78 if they close up the 56.

Message 127 of 146 (1,308 Views)

ARCA finished it's season last night in Kansas and Frank Kimmel secured his 80th win and 10th championship at the age of  51.  Last night also saw the farwell of the racing's oldest driver James Hylton who has decided to hang it up at the age of 79.  Last night was the debut of the newest member of the Alabama Gang as Justin Allison made his first ARCA start. Justin is the grandson of Donnie Allison.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 128 of 146 (1,226 Views)
ACE - Master

Message 129 of 146 (1,186 Views)
ACE - Master

That couldn't have happened to a nicer fellow!!!  He finally got back what he always gives out!!  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy  Love it!!

Message 130 of 146 (1,180 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

BeeBeeSA wrote:

That couldn't have happened to a nicer fellow!!!  He finally got back what he always gives out!!  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy  Love it!!

Yeah, Kyle has been acting more like a race car driver and less like a twerp but after what he did to Brad K in the Nationwide race, Karma delivered a strong message.

In 1980, Mark Martin was a terror on short tracks, in ASA, ARTGO and many independent / outlaw type races.  He won about half the time and had some tremendous crashes in the others.  In the 1980 Winchester 400, Mike Eddy (88) led the race and lap after lap Martin (in the 2) tried to pass him in the corners.  On lap 391, Martin got loose and put both into the wall and out of the race.  THAT wreck may have made Martin the respectable driver that he is today.

Message 131 of 146 (1,159 Views)

There's a reason watching the race in person is so much better than on TV. Jimmy dominated the race on Sunday, but watching the rest of the field battle it out was a lot of fun.  

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 132 of 146 (1,042 Views)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

There's a reason watching the race in person is so much better than on TV. Jimmy dominated the race on Sunday, but watching the rest of the field battle it out was a lot of fun.  

Scanner's come in handy and add to the entertainment / excitement level.  Very few cautions meant that only green flag puit stops gave anyone else a chance at JJ, such as short pitting.  JJ's in the driver's seat.  Did you all see the Harvick / Ty Dillon fiasco at Martinsville?  Harvick made it clear that RCR was going to be a "Dillon's only" party, in cup in a few years.

Message 133 of 146 (1,034 Views)

Yes, I was at the Friday night truck race as well.  Even though they (the Dillion brothers) were given the opportunity because of their grand dad (RCR) they still have had to prove that they belong. There is a reason why Richard didn't just drop them into a cup car. Each brother has had to prove they can succeed at the lower levels.  Friday night was the Ty Dillion show and it was a blast to watch.  Didn't hurt that Kyle blew up at lap 90.

Message 134 of 146 (1,026 Views)
ACE - Master

Yeah RC made sure that the grandkids did it right.  He started them off on dirt, in  lower powered street stocks before moving them up.  Now, I can assure you, those street stocks were not some sort of High School welding project like a friend of mine's first race car was, lol.  They always had great equipment.  I think that Ty has more talent and "star power" than Austin does but we'll see how they do.

An RCR crewmember was suspended over the Martinsville incident for throwing a sledgehammer.

Message 135 of 146 (1,015 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.