NASCAR Time for GEN 7 Car

Mentor

NASCAR Time for GEN 7 Car

After yesterdays hype for a fantastic race with better racing NASCAR better get moving on a Gen7 car because Gen 6 ain't no better than the cars it was supposed to replace. As for the broadcast, Darrel Waltrip sure has a thing for the ponytail princess that it made me sick when they did show racing, 3 laps and a commercial, 3 more laps and 5 more commercial.
Message 1 of 146 (3,580 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: NASCAR Time for GEN 7 Car

We'll see about KuBu.  Not sure how his Indy plans fit in with SHR.  As far as his "cleanup," yeah I hope it sticks.  Once a driver (or a human) acts that way, with regular flareups, it's 50/50 if they will act up again.  He's a bit ike an addict, he's addicted to acting stupid at times.  We will see, lol.

Not sure if it's a joke but I heard Reed Sorrenson mentioned for the 42 and JPM to Indy Car with Andretti.  Juan had a great run, winning in Cup, IndyCar and F1.  Rare comoany (with Gurney and Mario)!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 106 of 146 (1,302 Views)
ACE - Master

I don't think Juan was really received with open arms among all of the other drivers.  My opinion of course. Somewhere a few years back, he was driving pretty aggressively (and doing pretty well) and NASCAR told him to cool it or they were going to penalize him.  Since then he's been pretty much a no show in races.  He was getting in too many conflicts.  The one I remember most was when he and Harvick were at the road course and they spun out.  Both got out of the car right in the corner and started going at it.

I think after the NASCAR warning it took the wind out of his sail so to speak.   

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 107 of 146 (1,298 Views)
ACE - Master

Juan Montoya (I never liked the whole Juan Pablo Montoya thing - Ayrton Senna was Ayrton Senna, not Ayrton Senna deSilva) must have known his days were numbered at EGR - as he REALLY kicked his game up, this year.  Juan has said he will drive somewhere next yaer but not in a crud box.  It must be a car capable of winning.

By the way, he created controversy in F1, too.  Nelson Piquet, Jr. is another F1 / Controversy reject.  I liked his dad, too.

Message 108 of 146 (1,286 Views)
ACE - Master

Hey Beebee, here is a photo of San Antonio's Robin McCall.    She is married to Wally Dallanbach and they have a girl that runs Super Late Models

Message 109 of 146 (1,276 Views)
ACE - Master

Yea I heard that Wally lives somewhere in the San Antonio area.  Don't know how true it is.  A few years back he was doing commercials for a local tractor company called Ewald Tractors. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 110 of 146 (1,265 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

BeeBeeSA wrote:

Yea I heard that Wally lives somewhere in the San Antonio area.  Don't know how true it is.  A few years back he was doing commercials for a local tractor company called Ewald Tractors. 

He's from Colorado but maybe he moved to SA, since she is from there.  However, I heard that their daughter is racing Late Model's in NC, so I dunno.

Message 111 of 146 (1,249 Views)

According to this, she's racing New Smyrna, FL and doing rather well.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 112 of 146 (1,236 Views)
ACE - Master

I did some googling and it appears they do live in the San Antonio area.  The daughter goes to Smithson Valley High School (that's what the 2011 article said and she was a freshman) but I suppose they could have moved since then.

Message 113 of 146 (1,234 Views)

NASCAR has thrown the book at MWR for "fixing" the outcome of the race and the Chase.  $300k fine, indefinate suspension for Ty Norris, points and probation for all 3 MWR cars.  Truex Jr. no longer in Chase, Newan in.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 114 of 146 (1,204 Views)
ACE - Master

I actually haven't been able to watch the last two week's races, so I watched them both on DVR, fast forwarding to key passes and cautions. 

Wow, Richmond was messed up!   The only thing that made a difference was that Truex is out of the chase and Ryan Newman is in.  $300K to a multi-million dollar team is significant but not all that much (think six engines, lol).  As Jeff Gordon stated, the real problem (Bowyer's spin) was brushed under the rug.  Clint called Newman and while never admitting he spun on purpose, sort of did.  NASCAR handled it well, except for Bowyer.  I think that the 15 should have lost Chase points, IMO.

Now, something completely different, from Spingate and Pitgate.  AND those things easily overshadowed how NASCAR fouled up the last restarts in both the NNS and in Cup.  On Friday, Brad clearly went 1-2 car lenghs before the box.  That should be a zero tolerance deal.  You either did or you didn't.  Just like Tennis, it's in or it's out.  Brad did the same thing at the Nationwide race at the Brickyard in 2012 and then he slowed after that, forcing Sadler to beat him to the line.  On Saturday night, Menard CLEARLY got beat to the line by Cousin Carl.  I love Carl but he got away with it big time.   I wonder if NASCAR owed him one for last years foul up with Stewart, on a restart?

Message 115 of 146 (1,188 Views)

I personally think Clint should have been parked for the remainder of the seaon. Gordon and Newman should both be in the Chase.  

Message 116 of 146 (1,181 Views)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

I personally think Clint should have been parked for the remainder of the seaon. Gordon and Newman should both be in the Chase.  

That will teach him.  My penalty is not as severe but still tough.  One race parked.  Probation for a year.  Zero points for the chase, would never do better than 12th.  What I wonder is, does ESPN not have telemetry that shows gas/brake input?  That would be the conclusive proof.  He obviously fell back to act like he was spinning off the 88 and that put more drivers in a bad position.

Message 117 of 146 (1,170 Views)

I know they used in car audio/video to assess the penalties. Not sure about telemetry.

Message 118 of 146 (1,164 Views)
ACE - Master

How about the newest conroversy about Gilliland and Logano?

"FOX Sports has exclusively learned of team radio communication with David Gilliland during Saturday night's NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Richmond International Raceway that allegedly asks the driver to intentionally give up a position to help Joey Logano cement a berth in the Chase for Sprint Cup.

Logano earned the 10th and final spot locked in on points, ahead of the two wild-card berths. NASCAR is looking into the issue and it could lead to another shakeup in the Chase.

The radio communication from the No. 38 team reveals that a voice on the radio, believed to be Gilliland crew chief Frank Kerr, tells the spotter to tell Logano's spotter that the track position "better pay big."

"The committee knows what I've been asking for," Kerr says.

"We've got the big dog and all his cronies," the spotter replies.

Kerr then says: "Travis knows what I've been asking for," an apparent reference to Penske Racing competition director Travis Geisler.

A short time later, Logano passed Gilliland on a restart and finished 22nd -- one spot ahead of Gilliland and good enough for a berth in the Chase field.

"Good job, good job, man," the spotter says. "Hopefully we'll get something out of that."

Wednesday afternoon, the sanctioning body issued a statement on the issue:

"NASCAR is aware of reports about the No. 22 and No. 38 radio communications at Richmond International Raceway and is looking into it, but has yet to see anything in full context that requires any action."

Jeff Gordon, who was eliminated from the Chase field by Logano's finish, said he felt he deserved to be in the championship-determining field. 

“I haven’t heard the audio, I heard about it," he said Wednesday afternoon at a charity event. "All I can say is I really feel like we deserve to be in it based on everything that happened Saturday night.”

Message 119 of 146 (1,156 Views)
Highlighted

I guess Penske didn't realize that by virtue of having a win this year that Joey would have made the Chase over Gordon anyway.  Still sucks that they resort to having another team lay off to allow themselves to be overtaken.

Message 120 of 146 (1,142 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.