Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 25, 2013
7:43:56 AM
View profile
NASCAR Time for GEN 7 Car
After yesterdays hype for a fantastic race with better racing NASCAR better get moving on a Gen7 car because Gen 6 ain't no better than the cars it was supposed to replace. As for the broadcast, Darrel Waltrip sure has a thing for the ponytail princess that it made me sick when they did show racing, 3 laps and a commercial, 3 more laps and 5 more commercial.
After yesterdays hype for a fantastic race with better racing NASCAR better get moving on a Gen7 car because Gen 6 ain't no better than the cars it was supposed to replace. As for the broadcast, Darrel Waltrip sure has a thing for the ponytail princess that it made me sick when they did show racing, 3 laps and a commercial, 3 more laps and 5 more commercial.

NASCAR Time for GEN 7 Car

145 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(145)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2013 1:24:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I'm going to cross post this in the TV Features as well, tonights Nationwide race is on ESPN News and not ESPN 2.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

I'm going to cross post this in the TV Features as well, tonights Nationwide race is on ESPN News and not ESPN 2.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: NASCAR Time for GEN 7 Car

61 of 146 (1,103 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2013 4:10:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It was a great Nationwide race, was it going to be Kyle or Kevin or Brad (looked like Sam Jr from the start)?  All looked like they could win it in the last 1/3 of the race, but Brad (yeah) got ahead and never let Kevin catch him (he was coming closer each lap though). Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

It was a great Nationwide race, was it going to be Kyle or Kevin or Brad (looked like Sam Jr from the start)?  All looked like they could win it in the last 1/3 of the race, but Brad (yeah) got ahead and never let Kevin catch him (he was coming closer each lap though). Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

62 of 146 (1,094 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2013 12:34:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Both NNS and Sprint cup races at 'Dega were excellent!  I like that flashes of the two car tandem showed up in the Cup race, too.  Ecveryone thought that Tandem was a new thing but Kenny Wallace helped Dale Earnhardt win in 2000, using the Tandem. They were 18th and 19th with 2 laps to go.

Both NNS and Sprint cup races at 'Dega were excellent!  I like that flashes of the two car tandem showed up in the Cup race, too.  Ecveryone thought that Tandem was a new thing but Kenny Wallace helped Dale Earnhardt win in 2000, using the Tandem. They were 18th and 19th with 2 laps to go.

63 of 146 (1,069 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2013 12:13:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Loved the Aussie V8 Supercars from Austin - unfortuntely, I bet that the teams in the pits oitnumbered the fans in the stands.  Okay, not that bad but lots of empty seats.  Cool track.

Loved the Aussie V8 Supercars from Austin - unfortuntely, I bet that the teams in the pits oitnumbered the fans in the stands.  Okay, not that bad but lots of empty seats.  Cool track.

64 of 146 (1,030 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2013 4:00:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Went to the IRL race Saturday night at TMS.  What an exciting race.  The new package they have this year in IRL turned the race into a tire/fuel strategy.  Helio "Spiderman" Castronevis raced a supurb race and became the 1st 4 time winner by being able to stretch a tank of gas and set of time over 60 laps. Most teams were pitting between 40/50 laps.

Went to the IRL race Saturday night at TMS.  What an exciting race.  The new package they have this year in IRL turned the race into a tire/fuel strategy.  Helio "Spiderman" Castronevis raced a supurb race and became the 1st 4 time winner by being able to stretch a tank of gas and set of time over 60 laps. Most teams were pitting between 40/50 laps.

65 of 146 (993 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2013 10:43:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Great you saw a great race oufan, Pocono was nothing but another Jimmie show (yeah, I tried to root for him the last 2 years, but couldn't), looks like he going for six time. Smiley Mad

Chris

Great you saw a great race oufan, Pocono was nothing but another Jimmie show (yeah, I tried to root for him the last 2 years, but couldn't), looks like he going for six time. Smiley Mad

Chris

66 of 146 (975 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 10:05:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Jun 11, 2013 at 10:06:37 AM

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

Yeah, JJ winning isn't great fo the sport.  For once, Pocono was boring.  Not sure if it was the repave or simply JJ.  It would hae been interesting seeing JJ and Newman conserve, if the yellows had not came out.  I think that Pocono and New Hampshire should trace three small main events on Sunday and invert the lineups. 

The Nationwide race from Iowa was good.  Max Papis had a wild ride.  Love Trevor Bayne.

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

Yeah, JJ winning isn't great fo the sport.  For once, Pocono was boring.  Not sure if it was the repave or simply JJ.  It would hae been interesting seeing JJ and Newman conserve, if the yellows had not came out.  I think that Pocono and New Hampshire should trace three small main events on Sunday and invert the lineups. 

The Nationwide race from Iowa was good.  Max Papis had a wild ride.  Love Trevor Bayne.

[ Edited ]
67 of 146 (964 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 10:24:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

dhascall wrote:

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

That was good seeing Trevor win at Iowa.  I was watching Pocono late Sunday nite, as there was too much to watch w/Nationwide Sunday too, but found Jimmie won and deleted the race half way thru.  Wouldn't have minded if anybody but Jimmie or Smoke won and would've watched the whole race. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

dhascall wrote:

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

That was good seeing Trevor win at Iowa.  I was watching Pocono late Sunday nite, as there was too much to watch w/Nationwide Sunday too, but found Jimmie won and deleted the race half way thru.  Wouldn't have minded if anybody but Jimmie or Smoke won and would've watched the whole race. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

68 of 146 (958 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2013 8:47:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

mibrnsurg wrote:

dhascall wrote:

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

Chris

I know that Johnson is paid to drive race cars and he does a good job at it but it sure gets boring.  I would not be surprised in NASCAR doesn't go to some kind of inversion setup at some tracks to encourage passing and erase boredom.  The old ASA (American Speed Association), where D1ck Trickle, Mark Martin, Kulwicki, the Wallaces and so on got started, would often have Triple 100 lappers at short tracks.  First race was straight up by time trials (Top Qualifier on the pole), the second one a COMPLETE inversion from race 1.  The last place car would start on the pole and race 1 winner on the tail.  The third race saw half of the field inverted.  NASCAR could do that and maybe give a single point to each "heat" winner but the main points would come from who had the best overall finish.  In order to do good, you have to pass instead of just following.

mibrnsurg wrote:

dhascall wrote:

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

Chris

I know that Johnson is paid to drive race cars and he does a good job at it but it sure gets boring.  I would not be surprised in NASCAR doesn't go to some kind of inversion setup at some tracks to encourage passing and erase boredom.  The old ASA (American Speed Association), where D1ck Trickle, Mark Martin, Kulwicki, the Wallaces and so on got started, would often have Triple 100 lappers at short tracks.  First race was straight up by time trials (Top Qualifier on the pole), the second one a COMPLETE inversion from race 1.  The last place car would start on the pole and race 1 winner on the tail.  The third race saw half of the field inverted.  NASCAR could do that and maybe give a single point to each "heat" winner but the main points would come from who had the best overall finish.  In order to do good, you have to pass instead of just following.

69 of 146 (945 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 6:46:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

70 of 146 (918 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2013 11:12:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

So long ABC/ESPN/TNT.  NBC has outbid ABC/ESPN/TNT for rights to air the 2nd half of the NASCAR season starting in 2015.  A press conference should be forthcoming.

So long ABC/ESPN/TNT.  NBC has outbid ABC/ESPN/TNT for rights to air the 2nd half of the NASCAR season starting in 2015.  A press conference should be forthcoming.

71 of 146 (889 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2013 1:48:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

NASCAR Press release here.  Looks like NBC and it's affiliates will also be broadcasting the Nationwide, K&N Series, Whelen Modified and NASCAR Toyota (Mexico) series.

NASCAR Press release here.  Looks like NBC and it's affiliates will also be broadcasting the Nationwide, K&N Series, Whelen Modified and NASCAR Toyota (Mexico) series.

72 of 146 (883 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2013 5:21:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Good I can't stand Kyle Petty, Wally, and the crew that announces the races.  They call wrong car numbers and drivers, and just basically get things totally wrong.  The last race at NH they didn't even know what lap the race was on at one point. 

I wish they would just let the FOX crew do it all year. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Good I can't stand Kyle Petty, Wally, and the crew that announces the races.  They call wrong car numbers and drivers, and just basically get things totally wrong.  The last race at NH they didn't even know what lap the race was on at one point. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

73 of 146 (865 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2013 7:59:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

BeeBeeSA wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree! 

Now going back to ESPN/TNT "losing out," not much of a surprise there as ESPN stated earlier that they were looking to shed the entire Nationwide deal and I think that indicated that they were not going to be as NASCAR-centric, anyway.  My big issue is that I consider each NASCAR "Cup" race to be like a "game of the week" and for some races, = to a Super Bowl and as such, they should be on broadcast TV.  ESPN only shows 1 or 2 cup races on "regular TV."  I pay for my dad to get "basic cable" and after FOX's coverage ends, he pretty much misses out.  Now in 14 or 15, FOX may move some to FS1.  Again, I feel that Cup races belong where most everyone can see them.

BeeBeeSA wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree! 

Now going back to ESPN/TNT "losing out," not much of a surprise there as ESPN stated earlier that they were looking to shed the entire Nationwide deal and I think that indicated that they were not going to be as NASCAR-centric, anyway.  My big issue is that I consider each NASCAR "Cup" race to be like a "game of the week" and for some races, = to a Super Bowl and as such, they should be on broadcast TV.  ESPN only shows 1 or 2 cup races on "regular TV."  I pay for my dad to get "basic cable" and after FOX's coverage ends, he pretty much misses out.  Now in 14 or 15, FOX may move some to FS1.  Again, I feel that Cup races belong where most everyone can see them.

74 of 146 (853 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2013 9:46:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

dhascall wrote:

BeeBeeSA wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree! 

Agreed!! 

dhascall wrote:

BeeBeeSA wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree! 

Agreed!! 

75 of 146 (849 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2013 10:44:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

That was a FUN race to watch last night.  Even the drivers that were interviewed said that Tony Stewart has a fantastic track and put on one heck of a race.  I'd like to see every circuit run a race on the dirt during the season.

That was a FUN race to watch last night.  Even the drivers that were interviewed said that Tony Stewart has a fantastic track and put on one heck of a race.  I'd like to see every circuit run a race on the dirt during the season.

76 of 146 (799 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2013 2:25:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I missed it.  I hope they have a rerun.  Any idea if they will and when?

77 of 146 (793 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2013 2:43:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

BeeBeeSA wrote:

Friday Speed Network, 1230PM CST. Set your DVR to go an hour 1/2 longer than scheduled time. Not sure how much they are actually going to show of the qualifying heat races but the 8 lap shootouts were a blast as well. 

BeeBeeSA wrote:

Friday Speed Network, 1230PM CST. Set your DVR to go an hour 1/2 longer than scheduled time. Not sure how much they are actually going to show of the qualifying heat races but the 8 lap shootouts were a blast as well. 

78 of 146 (789 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2013 5:11:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Excellent!!  Thanks!!

Excellent!!  Thanks!!

79 of 146 (777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2013 8:25:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

You're welcome

You're welcome

80 of 146 (766 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 3:17:21 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by gmsuv on Jul 29, 2013 at 6:24:06 AM

I started this post just after the Daytona 500 when that race was a joke.  All the cars in a single file, waiting for someone to run out of gas,  or have a mechanical failure.  Well yesterdays Brickyard 400 was déjà vu, groundhog day,  The stands were half empty and the racing was half a--.  When are they going to wake up?  I was at the very first 400 and the stands that day had at least 300,000 when Jeff Gordon won.

I started this post just after the Daytona 500 when that race was a joke.  All the cars in a single file, waiting for someone to run out of gas,  or have a mechanical failure.  Well yesterdays Brickyard 400 was déjà vu, groundhog day,  The stands were half empty and the racing was half a--.  When are they going to wake up?  I was at the very first 400 and the stands that day had at least 300,000 when Jeff Gordon won.

[ Edited ]
81 of 146 (735 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 1:37:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

It doesn't matter which car is run at the Brickyard, that is a boring race.  It's been a boring race since the first one. NASCAR wasn't meant to run on the famed oval. Period. The cars are too heavy, the banking is too flat and it's been a single file race since the drop of the green flag.  The best race of the week was the truck race at Eldoro.  

It doesn't matter which car is run at the Brickyard, that is a boring race.  It's been a boring race since the first one. NASCAR wasn't meant to run on the famed oval. Period. The cars are too heavy, the banking is too flat and it's been a single file race since the drop of the green flag.  The best race of the week was the truck race at Eldoro.  

82 of 146 (707 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 10:31:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Jul 30, 2013 at 10:35:26 AM

oufanindallas wrote:

NASCAR kinda ran on the famed oval - back in the late 70's and early 80's.  Okay, they did not run at IMS but ran at it's sister track, Ontario, California.  Dale and Terry Labonte most likely ran at both tracks.

Yes the rectangle known as IMS is too narrow and too flat for NASCAR but for once, there was more passing in the Indy 500 than in the Brickyard.  The Brickyard is more prestige than competition.  The Indy 500 had it's boring times, too but the current Indycar seems VERY competitive.  The Nationwide race had more passing, too.

oufanindallas wrote:

NASCAR kinda ran on the famed oval - back in the late 70's and early 80's.  Okay, they did not run at IMS but ran at it's sister track, Ontario, California.  Dale and Terry Labonte most likely ran at both tracks.

Yes the rectangle known as IMS is too narrow and too flat for NASCAR but for once, there was more passing in the Indy 500 than in the Brickyard.  The Brickyard is more prestige than competition.  The Indy 500 had it's boring times, too but the current Indycar seems VERY competitive.  The Nationwide race had more passing, too.

[ Edited ]
83 of 146 (692 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 10:50:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

So long ABC/ESPN/TNT.  NBC has outbid ABC/ESPN/TNT for rights to air the 2nd half of the NASCAR season starting in 2015.  A press conference should be forthcoming.

More came out about this on Monday.  ESPN/TNT didn;t get outbid - they didn't bid at all.  They both felt that the NASCAR product was declining and that 2015 would be a good time to get out.  Smiley Surprised

oufanindallas wrote:

So long ABC/ESPN/TNT.  NBC has outbid ABC/ESPN/TNT for rights to air the 2nd half of the NASCAR season starting in 2015.  A press conference should be forthcoming.

More came out about this on Monday.  ESPN/TNT didn;t get outbid - they didn't bid at all.  They both felt that the NASCAR product was declining and that 2015 would be a good time to get out.  Smiley Surprised

84 of 146 (693 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 6:43:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I don't think the product is declining, I think the economy is still hurting getting butts in the seats. 

I don't think the product is declining, I think the economy is still hurting getting butts in the seats. 

85 of 146 (663 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 10:08:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Aug 1, 2013 at 10:09:46 AM

oufanindallas wrote:

It may be declining but a lot of it is because of the economy.  ESPN and TNT noted advancing age of the demographic Smiley Surprised and the reslting loss of ad sales as the reason not to bid.  Radio stations found out long ago, they would rather have the 18-34 year old, set than all other ages combined as that group spends money.  NOW I bet that NBC is wondering why they bid so much, lol.    Hey, they found a way to stick it to Comcast. Smiley Very Happy

oufanindallas wrote:

It may be declining but a lot of it is because of the economy.  ESPN and TNT noted advancing age of the demographic Smiley Surprised and the reslting loss of ad sales as the reason not to bid.  Radio stations found out long ago, they would rather have the 18-34 year old, set than all other ages combined as that group spends money.  NOW I bet that NBC is wondering why they bid so much, lol.    Hey, they found a way to stick it to Comcast. Smiley Very Happy

[ Edited ]
86 of 146 (655 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 3:27:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by oufanindallas on Aug 1, 2013 at 3:28:13 PM

LOL.  What I find funny is the ones that actually have the money to spend are not the 18-35 year olds, but the older fan who has a steady job and plans for vacations.

BTW, NASCAR just announced that Fox has added two more years (until 2024) to their broadcast of NASCAR.

LOL.  What I find funny is the ones that actually have the money to spend are not the 18-35 year olds, but the older fan who has a steady job and plans for vacations.

BTW, NASCAR just announced that Fox has added two more years (until 2024) to their broadcast of NASCAR.

[ Edited ]
87 of 146 (639 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 7:40:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Tony Stewart broke his right leg, in two places at a 360 Sprint car race and will miss at least the race at the Glen.  He had 500+ straight starts.  Bummer.  I bet his car owner is teed off, lol.

Tony Stewart broke his right leg, in two places at a 360 Sprint car race and will miss at least the race at the Glen.  He had 500+ straight starts.  Bummer.  I bet his car owner is teed off, lol.

88 of 146 (508 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 8:24:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by oufanindallas on Aug 6, 2013 at 8:25:41 AM

I saw that this morning. I wonder who's going to drive the #14 now.  Maybe Austin Dillon?

On a different note, Sunday's race was actually one of the better Pocono races in a while.  Can't believe the wreck at the drop of the green flag. It's a 400 mile race, why do they need to win it on the first lap?

I saw that this morning. I wonder who's going to drive the #14 now.  Maybe Austin Dillon?

On a different note, Sunday's race was actually one of the better Pocono races in a while.  Can't believe the wreck at the drop of the green flag. It's a 400 mile race, why do they need to win it on the first lap?

[ Edited ]
89 of 146 (500 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 11:44:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

No offense to JJ fans but having that RF blow out on his 48, made for a great race.  It could have been a snoozer.  That being said, he recovered very nicely to finish 13th.  Did you see the interview after he race where it was revealed that they ran 50 laps on 7 cy;linders?  Apparently, the tire knocked a plug wire off.  They sure had lots of trouble removing all that bear bond to get the hood opened, assuming that they did and not reach through the RF fender to reattach it.

No offense to JJ fans but having that RF blow out on his 48, made for a great race.  It could have been a snoozer.  That being said, he recovered very nicely to finish 13th.  Did you see the interview after he race where it was revealed that they ran 50 laps on 7 cy;linders?  Apparently, the tire knocked a plug wire off.  They sure had lots of trouble removing all that bear bond to get the hood opened, assuming that they did and not reach through the RF fender to reattach it.

90 of 146 (491 Views)