Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 25, 2013
7:43:56 AM
View profile
NASCAR Time for GEN 7 Car
After yesterdays hype for a fantastic race with better racing NASCAR better get moving on a Gen7 car because Gen 6 ain't no better than the cars it was supposed to replace. As for the broadcast, Darrel Waltrip sure has a thing for the ponytail princess that it made me sick when they did show racing, 3 laps and a commercial, 3 more laps and 5 more commercial.
After yesterdays hype for a fantastic race with better racing NASCAR better get moving on a Gen7 car because Gen 6 ain't no better than the cars it was supposed to replace. As for the broadcast, Darrel Waltrip sure has a thing for the ponytail princess that it made me sick when they did show racing, 3 laps and a commercial, 3 more laps and 5 more commercial.

NASCAR Time for GEN 7 Car

145 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(145)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2013 6:33:44 AM
(0)
Expert

gmsuv wrote:

Well running all those years for AndrettiAuto Sports, a top funded team, and only comming up with 1 win, be it by default, does not make her a top tier driver.

Who ever said she was a top tier driver?  There's a lot of drivers that aren't top tier.  The Indy 500 starts with 33 cars in the field.  How many of those are top tier?  4 or 5?  Yes, she's just one of the remaining pack of 28 cars who also don't have a real good chance to win. So what?  If all you wanted was to see top tier drivers, then you'd watch a race with 4 or 5 cars going around the track.  How boring is that?

gmsuv wrote:

The only reason she is running in the NASCAR series is NASCAR needs her because their series iis on a the decline.  Fewer dollars, few sponsorships, and a serious decline in attendance.

No, the reason she's in NASCAR is because she's a decent driver who can race, and she happens to also have crowd appeal.  If all NASCAR wanted was in increase ratings, then they'd put the Sports Illustrated supermodels in the cars.  That would last exactly 4 laps, after which all of them would have wrecked.

Sorry, that argument doesn't fly.  She's not there because of her looks and crowd appeal -- that's just a side bonus.  You have to be able to drive on the track first, which she can.

Look at American Idol.  There are favorites who get talked about a lot more than some others, and the singing skills do vary somewhat.  But nobody gets into the top 20 unless they can actually sing.  Same with racing.  She may not be the best driver, but don't kid yourself -- she ain't no soccer mom driving an SUV.

gmsuv wrote:

Well running all those years for AndrettiAuto Sports, a top funded team, and only comming up with 1 win, be it by default, does not make her a top tier driver.

Who ever said she was a top tier driver?  There's a lot of drivers that aren't top tier.  The Indy 500 starts with 33 cars in the field.  How many of those are top tier?  4 or 5?  Yes, she's just one of the remaining pack of 28 cars who also don't have a real good chance to win. So what?  If all you wanted was to see top tier drivers, then you'd watch a race with 4 or 5 cars going around the track.  How boring is that?

gmsuv wrote:

The only reason she is running in the NASCAR series is NASCAR needs her because their series iis on a the decline.  Fewer dollars, few sponsorships, and a serious decline in attendance.

No, the reason she's in NASCAR is because she's a decent driver who can race, and she happens to also have crowd appeal.  If all NASCAR wanted was in increase ratings, then they'd put the Sports Illustrated supermodels in the cars.  That would last exactly 4 laps, after which all of them would have wrecked.

Sorry, that argument doesn't fly.  She's not there because of her looks and crowd appeal -- that's just a side bonus.  You have to be able to drive on the track first, which she can.

Look at American Idol.  There are favorites who get talked about a lot more than some others, and the singing skills do vary somewhat.  But nobody gets into the top 20 unless they can actually sing.  Same with racing.  She may not be the best driver, but don't kid yourself -- she ain't no soccer mom driving an SUV.

Re: NASCAR Time for GEN 7 Car

31 of 146 (1,719 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2013 7:19:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

gmsuv wrote:

Well running all those years for AndrettiAuto Sports, a top funded team, and only comming up with 1 win, be it by default, does not make her a top tier driver.  The only reason she is running in the NASCAR series is NASCAR needs her because their series iis on a the decline.  Fewer dollars, few sponsorships, and a serious decline in attendance.

Andretti Green used to be a top funded team but in Danica's last couple of years, her sponsor brought the most money to the team and as a result they weren't a top tier team any more. No one on her team could find the speed of the other teams in Indy Car. 

As for declines, it's happening in all sports, not just NASCAR. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

gmsuv wrote:

Well running all those years for AndrettiAuto Sports, a top funded team, and only comming up with 1 win, be it by default, does not make her a top tier driver.  The only reason she is running in the NASCAR series is NASCAR needs her because their series iis on a the decline.  Fewer dollars, few sponsorships, and a serious decline in attendance.

Andretti Green used to be a top funded team but in Danica's last couple of years, her sponsor brought the most money to the team and as a result they weren't a top tier team any more. No one on her team could find the speed of the other teams in Indy Car. 

As for declines, it's happening in all sports, not just NASCAR. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

32 of 146 (1,711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2013 1:06:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

If only the Cope twins were better drivers.....

If only the Cope twins were better drivers.....

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

33 of 146 (1,698 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2013 3:45:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Amen to that, thank God they don't look like their uncle.

34 of 146 (1,689 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2013 8:30:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

Yup.  Then there is Milka Duno.

oufanindallas wrote:

Yup.  Then there is Milka Duno.

35 of 146 (1,678 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2013 5:03:44 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by gmsuv on Mar 8, 2013 at 5:08:44 AM

Denny Hamlin fined $25,000 for saying  Gen 6 car is no better the early GEN 5 car and vows not to pay the fine?

Denny Hamlin fined $25,000 for saying  Gen 6 car is no better the early GEN 5 car and vows not to pay the fine?

[ Edited ]
36 of 146 (1,664 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2013 5:57:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Saw, that, don't agree with Denny on his comment, but do agree about not paying the fine.  Was keeping up with the leaderboard yesterday during testing.  Going to be a FAST race.  Speeds were hitting 187, at Vegas.  

Saw, that, don't agree with Denny on his comment, but do agree about not paying the fine.  Was keeping up with the leaderboard yesterday during testing.  Going to be a FAST race.  Speeds were hitting 187, at Vegas.  

37 of 146 (1,655 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2013 6:05:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

gmsuv wrote:

Not surprising about the fine.  That has been their trend through "The Boys Have It - Just Don't Put Us (NASCAR) Down" phase.  They slammed Brad K. $50K for putting down Fuel Injection last year or the year before.  I think that NASCAR entertains constructive criticsm done internally just not 1) when it;'s not roo constructive and 2) when it's done in front of millions.

Remember that Kyle Busch slammed the COT/Gen 5 after its first race AND he won!  No fines that day but I do recall NASCAR stating to "shut up and race."

gmsuv wrote:

Not surprising about the fine.  That has been their trend through "The Boys Have It - Just Don't Put Us (NASCAR) Down" phase.  They slammed Brad K. $50K for putting down Fuel Injection last year or the year before.  I think that NASCAR entertains constructive criticsm done internally just not 1) when it;'s not roo constructive and 2) when it's done in front of millions.

Remember that Kyle Busch slammed the COT/Gen 5 after its first race AND he won!  No fines that day but I do recall NASCAR stating to "shut up and race."

38 of 146 (1,654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2013 7:28:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

After reading some of the comments and news on Hamlin's fine, I agree that I would not pay it, without a fight.  NASCAR needs to get some thicker skin.  The racing has been dreadful.

After reading some of the comments and news on Hamlin's fine, I agree that I would not pay it, without a fight.  NASCAR needs to get some thicker skin.  The racing has been dreadful.

39 of 146 (1,644 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2013 7:32:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

That was a heck of a race, for those that say the car can't pass, I beg to differ.  There were 22 lead changes today plus plenty of passing back in the pack.  I think this is the kind of racing you can expect on the majority of tracks since there are a bunch of 1.5 milers.

That was a heck of a race, for those that say the car can't pass, I beg to differ.  There were 22 lead changes today plus plenty of passing back in the pack.  I think this is the kind of racing you can expect on the majority of tracks since there are a bunch of 1.5 milers.

40 of 146 (1,613 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2013 7:42:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

This Sunday's race was alot better.  Pheonix is not wide enough, compared to Las Vegas.

This Sunday's race was alot better.  Pheonix is not wide enough, compared to Las Vegas.

41 of 146 (1,595 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2013 6:58:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Never been a big fan of the California race, but that was one heck of a race.  I don't agree with Tony Stewart regarding Joey Logano, however Joey and Denny, I think Joey went a little bit too far.  They were racing really good for a while, but.....

We've had some really great racing these past few weeks.  Looking forward to Martinsville in two weeks.

Never been a big fan of the California race, but that was one heck of a race.  I don't agree with Tony Stewart regarding Joey Logano, however Joey and Denny, I think Joey went a little bit too far.  They were racing really good for a while, but.....

We've had some really great racing these past few weeks.  Looking forward to Martinsville in two weeks.

42 of 146 (1,557 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2013 11:09:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Mar 27, 2013 at 11:17:05 AM

oufanindallas wrote:

That was a great race!  Best ever, for California.
I watched the last lap replay over and over.  That was just good, hard racing.  It looked like Joey got a bit loose in 3 and walked up the track and they made contact.  Denny gave him some room but he could have given him more (the lane where Kyle eventually wound up).  That reminded me of Kurt Busch and Denny last year at the Nationwide race at Richmond.   After they banged into each other, it looked like Denny tried to turn into Joey and hook him into the outside wall.  Had Denny not done that, I bet that they would have continued beating and banging, down to the SF Line.
Sounds like Elliot Sadler will run the 11, in Cup, while Denny  heals.
I would like to remind Joey what he did to Peyton Sellers at Irwindale a few years back.  That shoulda got a beatdown!
As far as Tony Stewart and blocking goes, "Hello, Pot?  This is Kettle!"  He blocked Regan Smith at Talladega a few years back.  In my opinion (IMO), Smith won that race as Stewart should have been the one penalized.

oufanindallas wrote:

That was a great race!  Best ever, for California.
I watched the last lap replay over and over.  That was just good, hard racing.  It looked like Joey got a bit loose in 3 and walked up the track and they made contact.  Denny gave him some room but he could have given him more (the lane where Kyle eventually wound up).  That reminded me of Kurt Busch and Denny last year at the Nationwide race at Richmond.   After they banged into each other, it looked like Denny tried to turn into Joey and hook him into the outside wall.  Had Denny not done that, I bet that they would have continued beating and banging, down to the SF Line.
Sounds like Elliot Sadler will run the 11, in Cup, while Denny  heals.
I would like to remind Joey what he did to Peyton Sellers at Irwindale a few years back.  That shoulda got a beatdown!
As far as Tony Stewart and blocking goes, "Hello, Pot?  This is Kettle!"  He blocked Regan Smith at Talladega a few years back.  In my opinion (IMO), Smith won that race as Stewart should have been the one penalized.

[ Edited ]
43 of 146 (1,534 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2013 8:41:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

We've been talking about female drivers.  Then there is Isablle Tremblay.  She started her racing career late - in her late 30's and won her first time out, in a 200 lap endurance race in a short track against 97 other drivers.   Last year she ran 6 NASCAR Canadian Tire races (the old CASCAR series) and had 2 top 10's. 

This racer is hawt! Smiley Very Happy

We've been talking about female drivers.  Then there is Isablle Tremblay.  She started her racing career late - in her late 30's and won her first time out, in a 200 lap endurance race in a short track against 97 other drivers.   Last year she ran 6 NASCAR Canadian Tire races (the old CASCAR series) and had 2 top 10's. 

This racer is hawt! Smiley Very Happy

44 of 146 (1,508 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2013 10:58:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Not stock car, but IRL driver Simona de Silvestro in another hottie in the racing scene.  Did pretty darn good job in the first race of the season until her comment "my car's all tired out" falling from 3rd to 6th in the last couple of laps.

Not stock car, but IRL driver Simona de Silvestro in another hottie in the racing scene.  Did pretty darn good job in the first race of the season until her comment "my car's all tired out" falling from 3rd to 6th in the last couple of laps.

45 of 146 (1,499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2013 2:12:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

Yes, I would not be surprised if the Swiss Miss (or is it Swiss Missle?) won this year.

Then there were Tammy Jo Kirk, who used to race in the NASCAR All Pro series, some woman named Glenda who ran at the Indy Speedrome and Janet Guthrie.

Smiley Very Happy

oufanindallas wrote:

Yes, I would not be surprised if the Swiss Miss (or is it Swiss Missle?) won this year.

Then there were Tammy Jo Kirk, who used to race in the NASCAR All Pro series, some woman named Glenda who ran at the Indy Speedrome and Janet Guthrie.

Smiley Very Happy

46 of 146 (1,505 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2013 7:32:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Looks like the pit crew maybe getting better looking for an MWR team in the near future.  Meet Christmas Abbott, currently shadowing the pit crew of MWR and is part of Jennifer Jo Cobbs truck pit crew.

Looks like the pit crew maybe getting better looking for an MWR team in the near future.  Meet Christmas Abbott, currently shadowing the pit crew of MWR and is part of Jennifer Jo Cobbs truck pit crew.

47 of 146 (1,462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2013 7:34:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I have a busy weekend ahead. I to work tomorrow and as soon as I get off, I'm going to be hauling butt over to TMS for the Nationwide race, I'll get home around 11pm, have to be to work on Saturday at 8am, get off at 2pm and will be hauling butt to the track for the Sprint cup race, will get home around midnight and have to be back to work on Sunday at 8am and won't get off until 2pm.  Then it's back to work again on Monday for the final day of Tax Season.

I have a busy weekend ahead. I to work tomorrow and as soon as I get off, I'm going to be hauling butt over to TMS for the Nationwide race, I'll get home around 11pm, have to be to work on Saturday at 8am, get off at 2pm and will be hauling butt to the track for the Sprint cup race, will get home around midnight and have to be back to work on Sunday at 8am and won't get off until 2pm.  Then it's back to work again on Monday for the final day of Tax Season.

48 of 146 (1,460 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2013 11:54:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Had a great time last night, all but the winner of the race.  Even in the Nationwide cars that is a fast mile and half track. The drivers really like coming to Texas as well. The track is perfectly seasoned.  Got to the track last night in time to catch qualifying for today's race, Shrub broke the track record at 196.299 mph.  That means they were hitting over 200 down the back stretch. This is going to be a FAST race tonight. My butt is really going to be dragging tomorrow at work though. Didn't get home until 11:30 and had to be back to work this morning at 8am.  Ah the life of a hard working NASCAR fan.

Had a great time last night, all but the winner of the race.  Even in the Nationwide cars that is a fast mile and half track. The drivers really like coming to Texas as well. The track is perfectly seasoned.  Got to the track last night in time to catch qualifying for today's race, Shrub broke the track record at 196.299 mph.  That means they were hitting over 200 down the back stretch. This is going to be a FAST race tonight. My butt is really going to be dragging tomorrow at work though. Didn't get home until 11:30 and had to be back to work this morning at 8am.  Ah the life of a hard working NASCAR fan.

49 of 146 (1,438 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2013 6:19:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Had an awesome time last night, againt except for the winner. Not a shrub fan at all, but dayumn if that kid can't drive the wheels off a car.  Lots of action on the track that the tv doesn't show. lots of passing and man, fast track, fast cars.  That last caution really screwed Martin Truex Jr.  I'm not accusing Mark Martin of anything, but the track crew spent 5 minutes looking for the "debris" that he said was on the track and never got out of the truck. Both Jr and Gordon had really good cars that were hit by bad breaks, wasn't sure what Jr's issue was until we heard he had a battery that had to be changed and then caught speeding on pit road, tough break, Gordon never did find out what happened during the race.

Had an awesome time last night, againt except for the winner. Not a shrub fan at all, but dayumn if that kid can't drive the wheels off a car.  Lots of action on the track that the tv doesn't show. lots of passing and man, fast track, fast cars.  That last caution really screwed Martin Truex Jr.  I'm not accusing Mark Martin of anything, but the track crew spent 5 minutes looking for the "debris" that he said was on the track and never got out of the truck. Both Jr and Gordon had really good cars that were hit by bad breaks, wasn't sure what Jr's issue was until we heard he had a battery that had to be changed and then caught speeding on pit road, tough break, Gordon never did find out what happened during the race.

50 of 146 (1,415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2013 6:52:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by mibrnsurg on Apr 14, 2013 at 6:53:52 PM

Jeff Gordon pulled in thinking he had a flat front tire, turned out he had a burned up hub, so he went right to the garage stall and that was it for his chances.   I was pretty bummed as he had a great long run car, but mechanical problems hit a number of teams.

Kyle sure does know how to drive a Sprint Cup/Nationwide stock car at Texas.

They're thinking Kansas is even going to be faster w/multiple grooves, due to the recent repave. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Jeff Gordon pulled in thinking he had a flat front tire, turned out he had a burned up hub, so he went right to the garage stall and that was it for his chances.   I was pretty bummed as he had a great long run car, but mechanical problems hit a number of teams.

Kyle sure does know how to drive a Sprint Cup/Nationwide stock car at Texas.

They're thinking Kansas is even going to be faster w/multiple grooves, due to the recent repave. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

[ Edited ]
51 of 146 (1,410 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2013 8:27:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

They're thinking Kansas is even going to be faster w/multiple grooves, due to the recent repave

It may be faster than previous Kansas races, but the banking isn't as high as Texas so the speeds won't be as fast.  

Here are a couple of pics I took Saturday evening.

Marcos Ambrose in the garage area.

Tony Stewart's pit box

Not the best pic, but Kyle Busch's pit box

Pit Road.  Our seats were in the 3rd from last suite above turn 4.  Great seats and can see the entire track.

They're thinking Kansas is even going to be faster w/multiple grooves, due to the recent repave

It may be faster than previous Kansas races, but the banking isn't as high as Texas so the speeds won't be as fast.  

Here are a couple of pics I took Saturday evening.

Marcos Ambrose in the garage area.

Tony Stewart's pit box

Not the best pic, but Kyle Busch's pit box

Pit Road.  Our seats were in the 3rd from last suite above turn 4.  Great seats and can see the entire track.

52 of 146 (1,391 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2013 12:55:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

The Texas races were okay but did you see the Truck race from The Rock?  THAT track needs to be back on the Cup and Nationwide schedules - TWICE a year.  The tires wear out, the groove changes and it is a drivers track.  Love it!

The Texas races were okay but did you see the Truck race from The Rock?  THAT track needs to be back on the Cup and Nationwide schedules - TWICE a year.  The tires wear out, the groove changes and it is a drivers track.  Love it!

53 of 146 (1,382 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2013 3:57:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

dhascall wrote:

I caught part of the race and agree.  What tv doesn't show is how much action is actually going on in the race since they tend to focus on a handful of drivers. I can tell you, the suites we were in had the race on tv and it wasn't nearly as exciting as it was in person.  There really was a lot of beating and banging and near misses on the track that never made it on the air.

dhascall wrote:

I caught part of the race and agree.  What tv doesn't show is how much action is actually going on in the race since they tend to focus on a handful of drivers. I can tell you, the suites we were in had the race on tv and it wasn't nearly as exciting as it was in person.  There really was a lot of beating and banging and near misses on the track that never made it on the air.

54 of 146 (1,372 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2013 10:08:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Apr 16, 2013 at 10:20:08 AM

The best part of any major league race, is the driver / spotter / crew chief interactions and carrying a scanner is a must!  I haven't been to a major race since aboit 2008 but I have two Bearcat scanners at the ready.

Some of the best I've heard:

Eddie Cheever @ the Indy 500 after losing a motor: "A freakin (he didn't say freakin) Million dollar IndyCar being towed by a freakin (he didn't say freakin) Garden Tractor."

1996?  Indy 500.  Mario asked if Michael needed a caution.  Mario's engine blew up and he drug the brakes to make the car stop before pit lane to draw a yellow.

Geoff Bodiine at the Brickyard 1994 after being wrecked by Brett Bodine "Yep, that was my brother."

Not heard by me - I loaned the scanner to a friend but  Rick Wilson @ the 1990 Daytona 500 with smoke and grease flying out from underneath the car: "Do you want me to drive this $%#$^ thing until it breaks or pull in?"  He was told to pull in.  This was with about two laps to go and Dale Earnhardt ran over a piece of metal and that handed the race to Derricke Cope.  It was suspected that DE ran over a piece of Wilson's transmission.

The best part of any major league race, is the driver / spotter / crew chief interactions and carrying a scanner is a must!  I haven't been to a major race since aboit 2008 but I have two Bearcat scanners at the ready.

Some of the best I've heard:

Eddie Cheever @ the Indy 500 after losing a motor: "A freakin (he didn't say freakin) Million dollar IndyCar being towed by a freakin (he didn't say freakin) Garden Tractor."

1996?  Indy 500.  Mario asked if Michael needed a caution.  Mario's engine blew up and he drug the brakes to make the car stop before pit lane to draw a yellow.

Geoff Bodiine at the Brickyard 1994 after being wrecked by Brett Bodine "Yep, that was my brother."

Not heard by me - I loaned the scanner to a friend but  Rick Wilson @ the 1990 Daytona 500 with smoke and grease flying out from underneath the car: "Do you want me to drive this $%#$^ thing until it breaks or pull in?"  He was told to pull in.  This was with about two laps to go and Dale Earnhardt ran over a piece of metal and that handed the race to Derricke Cope.  It was suspected that DE ran over a piece of Wilson's transmission.

[ Edited ]
55 of 146 (1,362 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2013 8:40:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Just a quick note, the 4/26 Nationwide Richmond race is on ESPN News 604/1604 7:30 ET. Smiley Wink

Chris

Just a quick note, the 4/26 Nationwide Richmond race is on ESPN News 604/1604 7:30 ET. Smiley Wink

Chris

56 of 146 (1,308 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2013 8:19:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I had Direct TV for a couple of years, mainly because they had NASCAR Hotpass.  The first year I had it, you had to pay, I think it something like $50 for the season.  Worth it for me.  It had 4 dedicated channels for 4 dedicated drivers. Each channel had 3 different audio streams, national tv broadcast, direct tv broadcast for that driver or team radio.  I would switch between the direct broadcast and the team radio.  Kyle Busch would get downright nasty on the radio, Jr. could get pretty testy as well.  This was back in 07/08 so Jr. was still at DEI and the shrub was at HMS.  The 2nd year it was free and the additional audio was removed, wasn't nearly as good then.

I had Direct TV for a couple of years, mainly because they had NASCAR Hotpass.  The first year I had it, you had to pay, I think it something like $50 for the season.  Worth it for me.  It had 4 dedicated channels for 4 dedicated drivers. Each channel had 3 different audio streams, national tv broadcast, direct tv broadcast for that driver or team radio.  I would switch between the direct broadcast and the team radio.  Kyle Busch would get downright nasty on the radio, Jr. could get pretty testy as well.  This was back in 07/08 so Jr. was still at DEI and the shrub was at HMS.  The 2nd year it was free and the additional audio was removed, wasn't nearly as good then.

57 of 146 (1,293 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2013 11:53:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Wow, NASCAR is serious about playing by the rules on this new car.  Looks like Matt Kenseth won't be winning any championships this year.  Big blow for Gibbs racing as well.

Wow, NASCAR is serious about playing by the rules on this new car.  Looks like Matt Kenseth won't be winning any championships this year.  Big blow for Gibbs racing as well.

58 of 146 (1,269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2013 11:47:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Apr 25, 2013 at 11:54:40 AM

NASCAR has had a zero tolerance policy as far as engines are concerned since like the Gen 2 car, lol.  Just ask Richard Petty, Bill Elliot and Carl Long.  Most feel that Carl Long was simply being made an example of but now Matt can say maybe that's not the case.

I have yet to watch all of this past Sunday's race but earlier today, I saw that Kenseth won (but lost) so i went ahead and read about it.  Did you see the truck race?  Man they crashed a bunch!

NASCAR has had a zero tolerance policy as far as engines are concerned since like the Gen 2 car, lol.  Just ask Richard Petty, Bill Elliot and Carl Long.  Most feel that Carl Long was simply being made an example of but now Matt can say maybe that's not the case.

I have yet to watch all of this past Sunday's race but earlier today, I saw that Kenseth won (but lost) so i went ahead and read about it.  Did you see the truck race?  Man they crashed a bunch!

[ Edited ]
59 of 146 (1,246 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2013 12:02:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I just caught the highlights of both races, was enjoying my first weekend off since tax season is now over.  TRD has taken full responsibilty in the engine issues and has appologized.  Not that it's going to help with the loss of points and suspensions. 

I just caught the highlights of both races, was enjoying my first weekend off since tax season is now over.  TRD has taken full responsibilty in the engine issues and has appologized.  Not that it's going to help with the loss of points and suspensions. 

60 of 146 (1,243 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments