Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

ACE - Master

Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

Another "cool" front blew through Indy last night with a reinforcing short of cool air.  Lots of wind and temps today in the 60's.  Maybe some light frost tomorrow.  We are still way down in the rainfall department but we got half an inch Wed. afternoon and that was as much as we received in all of August! 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 2,356 (38,426 Views)
Master

Re: Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

jfw wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

spd2demun wrote:

It was in the low 80's today in Houston!  Have had the A/C on for past 2 nights.  Guess that Arctic front is going to be a few days late, now predicted to hit Fri. with temps near freezing (probably will freeze here), and freezing Sat. night. Smiley Mad

There's something not right about buying Thanksgiving fixins whilst wearing shorts.

I've been having dreams about decorating a palm tree with ornaments and Christmas lights.

I remember going to a rowdy Christmas party in Miami some years ago. They had a nice Christmas tree decorated with lights in the middle of palms in the yard. About 75-80 degrees at night and at the end of the party they burned the Christmas tree, lights and all. Smiley Surprised Smiley Very Happy

60 last night and 20 tonight. Give me a break! Smiley Sad

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 121 of 2,356 (1,574 Views)
Expert

I've never understood people down here (must be transplants!) who proclaim it just isn't Christmas shopping unless it's snowing.  Huh?  You've got to be kidding me!

Yeah, shorts back on for past few days.  But that freeze is coming by Fri. or Sat. Smiley Mad

Yesterday:

...Record high temperature set at Houston Intercontinental...

a record high temperature of 85 degrees was set at Houston
intercontinental today. This ties the old record of 85 set in 1973.
Message 122 of 2,356 (1,567 Views)
Expert

spd2demun wrote:

I've never understood people down here (must be transplants!) who proclaim it just isn't Christmas shopping unless it's snowing.  Huh?  You've got to be kidding me!

spd2demun wrote:

Yeah, shorts back on for past few days.  But that freeze is coming by Fri. or Sat. Smiley Mad

spd2demun wrote:

spd2demun wrote:

Yesterday:

...Record high temperature set at Houston Intercontinental...

a record high temperature of 85 degrees was set at Houston
intercontinental today. This ties the old record of 85 set in 1973.

I would love to get to experience that.  I will one of these days.  Two days ago temps were in the upper 60s here in Detroit, and then yesterday temps dropped all day.  Now it is cold.  Now I can complain.  I began taping plastic on all of our leak proof windows so that the cold air doesn't seep in.  I guess I forgot to read the fine print that stated we had to do this so that the windows would actually be leak proof.Smiley Indifferent

Message 123 of 2,356 (1,554 Views)
Expert

Feel free to use my annual mantra--I HATE WINTER!!!!

Still quite warm here and expecting the same tomorrow (70s-80s), and now they claim the big cool down will hit late tomorrow night into the 40's; mid-to-low 30's by Friday night.

Message 124 of 2,356 (1,541 Views)

61 right now in DFW, but by 9am is supposed to drop down to low 40's. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 125 of 2,356 (1,532 Views)
Professor

Grand Rapids Michigan

Message 126 of 2,356 (1,542 Views)
Expert

Brrr...shoe!  Keep those temps up there!

82 in Houston now, 40's tonight; 30's Friday night, . Smiley Mad  I HATE WINTER!

Message 127 of 2,356 (1,521 Views)
Expert

Rain and cold here in Deteroit.

Message 128 of 2,356 (1,507 Views)

As expected it dropped almost 20 degrees in an hour this morning and has fallen to 39 degrees now.  At least the drizzle has gone away.  Did see some fools already camped out in front of a couple of Best Buys on the way back from my sisters house in Keller.  Hope they have some heavy coats.  Supposed to get down to mid 20's before sunrise tomorrow. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 129 of 2,356 (1,499 Views)
Former Moderator

it got over 80 degrees in the house once I turned the oven on so we ended up putting the AC on for the afternoon. Nothing like Thanksgiving in shorts and a t-shirt Smiley Very Happy The dog even got so hot he laid down in the pool.

-Wendy

Message 130 of 2,356 (1,487 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

We lost our 80's yesterday; after the drive back from dinner, winds changed and it had dropped into the 50's!  40's tonight, 30's next few, but will be warming back up into the 70's.

Hope you can keep your 80's!

Yeah, hope the people camped out think it's worth it in the rain and cold.

edit--heavy rain just started up, again

Message 131 of 2,356 (1,603 Views)
Professor

Right now in Chicago, temperature is 18 with a wind chill of 7. I wonder if those standing in lines outside are having fun yet.

Yesterday I passed the local golf course, there was a group playing a round wearing snowmobile suits.:smileyvery-happy:

Message 132 of 2,356 (1,592 Views)
Master

Hey jfw, that's what they make bright orange golf balls for - playing in the snow! Smiley Very Happy

What a roller coaster weather/temp week. Daily temp was 60 Tues, then 20, then 55 yesterday w/2" of rain, and now back to 25 again. Enough to make you sick. Smiley Sad

Had a large dead wild cherry tree that was growing just at the edge of the yard come down last night in the yard. Real lucky it didn't hit the house, or anything else, since 50' tall. Had a 125' dog run wire attached to the tree which is still attached to another tree. Will really have to watch cutting the wire since it's stretched as tight as a piano wire. Will probably tie the wire off with a rope before cutting. Tree's a real mess with wild grape vine growing all over it.

Didn't have real fond memories of that tree anyhow. My son fell out of it when he was 5-6 years old and broke his arm. Only fell about 5' but must have landed at a real awkward angle.

Real strange situation since I didn't see him fall. Had told him many a time to not climb that tree but guess kids will be kids. He came up to me after falling and told me he was tired while wanting to go to bed. Guess he was afraid I'd give him heck so he showed no pain, or anything was wrong with his arm. Only when my wife came home did she call me in to look at his arm. Just slightly twisted but immediately took him to the ER. Wasn't a real bad break and good thing kids heal so quick.

He went on to become one heck of a little league baseball pitcher. Also a switch hitter instead of just a "lefty".

Even though colder than heck at least the sun's out today. Smiley Happy

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 133 of 2,356 (1,583 Views)
Professor

Message 134 of 2,356 (1,574 Views)
Expert

That is bad, shoe. Smiley Sad

Houston--keep in mind it has been in the 80's for a week.

Message 135 of 2,356 (1,558 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.