Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

ACE - Master

Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

Another "cool" front blew through Indy last night with a reinforcing short of cool air.  Lots of wind and temps today in the 60's.  Maybe some light frost tomorrow.  We are still way down in the rainfall department but we got half an inch Wed. afternoon and that was as much as we received in all of August! 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 2,356 (38,331 Views)
Expert

Re: Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

Interesting!

Are you seeing more squirrels squirreling nuts away as well?

Message 31 of 2,356 (1,710 Views)
Mentor

Calling for snow here this weekend.. not ready for it or looking forward to it...need to get my roof done...working evreyday lately has kept me from getting other projects done.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 32 of 2,356 (1,709 Views)
ACE - Expert

RCSMG wrote:

One thing is for sure.  We will definitely find out this winter.

Just heard on WWJ, yesterday, colder and wetter this winter for metro Detroit.  According to NOAA, greater than 33% wetter conditons, Jan, Feb, Mar. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 33 of 2,356 (1,702 Views)
Expert

Take it with another grain of salt ladies and gentlemen.

Message 34 of 2,356 (1,699 Views)
ACE - Expert

I'd say squirrel activity is about normal.  But I guess I should ask Belle, she has more time to watch them than I.

Message 35 of 2,356 (1,692 Views)
Former Moderator

spd2demun wrote:

Interesting!

Are you seeing more squirrels squirreling nuts away as well?

My puppy sure has been eating acorns like they're going out of style. He'd like to eat the squirrels too but they stay out of reach so far.

Message 36 of 2,356 (1,686 Views)
ACE - Master

Rain is coming, rain is coming. Actually looking forward to it!  There is some rain in the forecast from Sunday on through late next week.  Tuesday may feature all day rain.  One weatherman said that there has not been this much rain forecast, since June! Smiley Surprised

Message 37 of 2,356 (1,668 Views)
Master

Yeah Dave, same rainy weather forecast for here. Need to blow/rake more leave but what's the use? The rain will knock them off big time.

Not seeing lots of squirrels around like I normally do. Maybe they already stripped the walnuts off all the trees in my yard or it was a poor year for walnuts. I don't think it was a bad year though since other parts of Ohio are having a bumper crop of black walnuts. So my guess is they have their dens stocked up already big time. Nasty winter forecast? We will see but could be a good indicator.

Speaking of nuts. Most don't know one of the Whitetail deer's favorite foods are acorns. Particularly White Oak acorns since they are less bitter than Red Oaks, and other oaks. If you're in an area inhabited by deer, and have White Oak trees around, you are bound to see deer this time of year. 

The weather report said it won't be as cold tonight as last night/morning (28 degrees). But it's already down to 36 and that sure isn't any heat wave. At least it will be 75 and sunny later today. Smiley Happy

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 38 of 2,356 (1,653 Views)
Expert

IMO the people in Texas are in good shape.  You all have unseasonal warm weather these days.  Now is the time I could begin packing for my move to the south for the winter.

Message 39 of 2,356 (1,616 Views)
Expert

Yeah, has been really nice weather here!  Hot again today, but not humid.

I think hotter-than-usual summer = colder-than-usual winter. Smiley Sad

Wish I could get some deer in the yard to eat the acorns so the raccoons wouldn't dig up the yard, looking for the ones the squirrels have buried! Smiley Very Happy

Will try to snap a photo next time the little guy comes up to torment Belle. Smiley Wink

Message 40 of 2,356 (1,599 Views)

Had some pretty nasty weather in the DFW area today.  At least two tornado warnings and a few flash flood warnings.  We were at a small deficit for the year, may not be after today though.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 41 of 2,356 (1,714 Views)
Expert

I just read about that in skeeter's thread about her outage!  Haven't looked at the news today.  Feast or Famine. Smiley Sad  So dry here, but don't want a tornado just to get rain.

Sounds like all in DFW were safe on our forum?

Message 42 of 2,356 (1,704 Views)
Expert

I'm fine.  No problems in my neck of the woods.  Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 2,356 (1,699 Views)
Expert

Good to hear, don't want any of our fellow Texans to be harmed. Smiley Wink

Message 44 of 2,356 (1,697 Views)
Master

They're back.... Asian Lady Beetles that is. Was 71 today and they came in droves. Wasn't even sunny or would have been even worse. We'll see if the insecticide I had to spray the whole outside of the house with about a week ago works. Sure wasn't having much effect as they were crawling all over the S. side of the house.

Have those real old inefficient aluminum storm windows, with single screen, which slide up and down in tracks. Have to use clear packing tape on inside of aluminum frame to keep cold air and bugs out. As the beetles were crawling all over the outside glass I was watching real close to see how in the heck they get through the cracks. Put a little more tape/rope caulking here and there. Absolutely impossible to see how they get in between the storm windows and inside windows. Finally gave up and sprayed insecticide on the aluminum/wooden window frames which will hopefully do them in.

Hey Spd, not sure you would want the deer in your yard eating acorns since you like flowers/plants. You think raccoons can do some damage. In addition to the deer eating everything the bucks also like to tear up the trees with their antlers this time of year. They literally shred the bark off of the small oaks around here.

Reminds me of a funny story when I was working for the parks. A neighbor reported he found signs of a bear along his property line in the woods. Went over there and he showed me what looked like huge bear claw marks on a tree and they were about 8'-10' off of the ground. It was only about 3"-4" dia maple tree. I brushed back the leaves and showed him huge hoof marks from the rear feet of a big buck. Here the buck had bent the tree clear over, make the gouges with his antler tips, and then the tree stood back up straight when he took his weight off of it. The neighbor was satisfied with the explanation. No bear.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be 75 and really nice temps for this time of year.

PS. glad you Texans made it thought the storms ok. Smiley Wink 

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 45 of 2,356 (1,688 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.