Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

ACE - Master

Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

Another "cool" front blew through Indy last night with a reinforcing short of cool air.  Lots of wind and temps today in the 60's.  Maybe some light frost tomorrow.  We are still way down in the rainfall department but we got half an inch Wed. afternoon and that was as much as we received in all of August! 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 2,356 (38,262 Views)
Professor

Re: Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

Lol, like how you said they're looking for you. I sure got rid of that nasty wasp infestation thanks to uou guys' suggestion. Been keeping an eye out. What scares me is, what you said..... They can buid nests in the ground?.... Yikes......
Message 1171 of 2,356 (616 Views)
ACE - Expert

Uniblurb3 wrote:

We've had beautiful sunny weather here the past couple days with temps in the mid-70's and low humidity.

Kind of funny how the days can have such low humidity and the cool nights/mornings so high.

Clear
52 °F
Clear
Humidity: 97%

Changes expected Thurs when the warm front moves back up from the South.

Spent most of the day Monday spraying Roundup on my 800'-900' drive. Left shoulder is about ready to fall off after carrying a 3 gal (25 lb - full) sprayer around. Should get a backpack sprayer like we used to use at work but may not be worth the investment as infrequent as I spray. Not that pricey though.

Already spent $30 on Roundup and ran out. Will need to get some more today and would like to buy some Roundup Poison Ivy spray since it's 4' tall in lots of places next to my drive/yard. Seems like regular Roundup won't kill it but I refuse to pay $38/Quart for the Poison Ivy spray. These are concentrates you mix yourself and not RTU.

Not trying to kill all the Poison Ivy since it is good for wildlife. Just don't want it in areas where people may come in contact with it. Plus if your dog goes through it and gets the oils on his hair better watch out when petting him. Smiley Surprised

Uni, the humidity they post is 'relative humidity', colder air can hold less actual moisture than warmer air can hold.  Thus if the actual moisture in the atmosphere stays same, as the temperature cools, the 'relative humidity' will rise the cooler it gets. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1172 of 2,356 (610 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

I thought the measles make you mumpy; the mumps will make you lumpy and the chicken pox will make you jump and twitch! But had NO idea Poison Ivy was good for something! Its good for wildlife? Which? And how? I learn something new every day Smiley Very Happy

I got #2 from the top in that link
Message 1173 of 2,356 (607 Views)
Master

Rico, Poison Ivy is great for wildlife as can be read here. The small white berries help a lot of birds survive through the cold winter months up here when other foods are scarce. Of course then they poop the seeds all around your yard so you will catch it! Smiley Very Happy

I have a textbook which lists a lot more wildlife species than in the link which eat the berries. This includes bears, muskrats, mice, grouse, pheasants, quail, all woodpeckers, and many of the songbirds.

BTW, did I ever tell you the one when my younger brother was at camp as a kid? They were tent camping in the woods and they ran out of TP. So they had to use leaves and he used........ never mind. Smiley Very Happy

RicoLX wrote:

I thought the measles make you mumpy; the mumps will make you lumpy and the chicken pox will make you jump and twitch! But had NO idea Poison Ivy was good for something! Its good for wildlife? Which? And how? I learn something new every day Smiley Very Happy

I got #2 from the top in that link
Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 1174 of 2,356 (594 Views)
Master

mibrnsurg wrote:

Uniblurb3 wrote:

We've had beautiful sunny weather here the past couple days with temps in the mid-70's and low humidity.

Kind of funny how the days can have such low humidity and the cool nights/mornings so high.

Clear
52 °F
Clear

Spent most of the day Monday spraying Roundup on my 800'-900' drive. Left shoulder is about ready to fall off after carrying a 3 gal (25 lb - full) sprayer around. Should get a backpack sprayer like we used to use at work but may not be worth the investment as infrequent as I spray. Not that pricey though.

Already spent $30 on Roundup and ran out. Will need to get some more today and would like to buy some Roundup Poison Ivy spray since it's 4' tall in lots of places next to my drive/yard. Seems like regular Roundup won't kill it but I refuse to pay $38/Quart for the Poison Ivy spray. These are concentrates you mix yourself and not RTU.

Not trying to kill all the Poison Ivy since it is good for wildlife. Just don't want it in areas where people may come in contact with it. Plus if your dog goes through it and gets the oils on his hair better watch out when petting him. Smiley Surprised

Uni, the humidity they post is 'relative humidity', colder air can hold less actual moisture than warmer air can hold.  Thus if the actual moisture in the atmosphere stays same, as the temperature cools, the 'relative humidity' will rise the cooler it gets. Smiley Wink

Chris

Interesting Chris and thanks for the explanation.
Does this still hold true when the temps drop below freezing? Seems like during the winter the colder it is the drier the air is. But there again the humidity, or maybe as you say the 'relative' humidity, may be higher at night and hence we get frost.

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Message 1175 of 2,356 (588 Views)
Employee

It is called fog above or below freezing. Just harder to produce as temps drop in the 30's and below.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1176 of 2,356 (587 Views)
ACE - Expert

Uniblurb3 wrote:

mibrnsurg wrote:

Uniblurb3 wrote:

Clear
52 °F
Clear

Chris

Interesting Chris and thanks for the explanation.
Does this still hold true when the temps drop below freezing? Seems like during the winter the colder it is the drier the air is. But there again the humidity, or maybe as you say the 'relative' humidity, may be higher at night and hence we get frost.

Right Uni, at night the 'relative humidity' rises cause the colder air can't hold as much moisture.  Frost occurs at the 'dew point (100% relative humidity)' when it is below freezing; otherwise if above freezing we get dew.

Fog occurs as Radiation Fog:

This type of fog forms at night under clear skies with calm winds when heat absorbed by the earth’s surface during the day is radiated into space. As the earth’s surface continues to cool, provided a deep enough layer of moist air is present near the ground, the humidity will reach 100% and fog will form. Radiation fog varies in depth from 3 feet to about 1,000 feet and is always found at ground level and usually remains stationary. This type of fog can reduce visibility to near zero at times and make driving very hazardous. 

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/jkl/?n=fog_types Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 1177 of 2,356 (578 Views)
Professor

After a day of 90 degree temps and gulf coast type dew points we just had a wicked line of thunderstorms roll through. Local news says 250,000 customers in Chicago and suburbs without power due to the high winds, thankfully I'm not one of them.

Message 1178 of 2,356 (569 Views)
Master

8 straight days of thunderstorms and might as well make it an even dozen since it won't let up until Sunday.

Getting real old but at least it's cooler now after a cold front rolled through last night. Probably the same one that hit you in Chicago last night, jfw. At least it didn't knock our power out but it did bring down some big trees in places not not far from here.

With all the rain the weeds/crabgrass are overtaking my lawn. When it was real hot/sunny yesterday (93 & 98 heat index) I hooked up a garden hose weed killer and sprayed the whole yard. Had to put on insect repellent 1st since the deer flies are real bad now and will give you a one heck of a bite. Once you hit the sun they're on you but don't bite through the repellent. Soaking wet w/sweat when done but at least I got the whole yard sprayed. Thunderstorm hit 4 hours later and hope I didn't waste my time with the herbicide being washed off. Smiley Sad

Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
Chance of a Thunderstorm
83° F | 65° F
Chance of a Thunderstorm
79° F | 61° F
Chance of a Thunderstorm
74° F | 61° F
Chance of a Thunderstorm
77° F | 58° F
Partly Cloudy
79° F | 58° F
Chance of T-storms
30% chance of precipitation
Chance of T-storms
40% chance of precipitation
Chance of T-storms
20% chance of precipitation
Chance of T-storms
20% chance of precipitation
Partly Cloudy

Uniblurb3

Message 1179 of 2,356 (564 Views)
Expert

RAIN!!!!!  All morning with 80% today and 60% tonight!  Thunder and everything!

Supposed to rain next 2 days, and hope we don't flood; but what is it about rain that greens everything up better than sprinklers?

Hope your spray stayed enough to do good, Uni. Smiley Sad

Message 1180 of 2,356 (557 Views)
Professor

"ITS RAINING,... ITS POURING...BUT I AINT COMPLAINING...BECAUSE I LIKE THE RAIN!..."<insert foot stomp'n interlude jam session here>. How about that! FINALLY a good, long, steady soaking! Smiley Very Happy
Message 1181 of 2,356 (600 Views)
Expert

It's a miracle!  Strange to hear the sound again.

Message 1182 of 2,356 (598 Views)
Professor

Oh , I know! And the good soaking was a lot but tamed compaired to extreme storms across the country.
Message 1183 of 2,356 (594 Views)
Employee

Got called out and it was raining so hard I could hardly see to drive. The lighting was bad plus I saw the cops had the road blocked in the other direction due to a tree across the road. Lucked up as it quit just after I arrived. The sun was out just before setting.
Good to hear you guys are getting some rain. Hope it continues on a regular basis.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1184 of 2,356 (586 Views)
Expert

Already less than expected, nothing this PM, and barely 30% now next 2 days.  But I think it did help for the wildfire situation.

Message 1185 of 2,356 (583 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.