Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

ACE - Master

Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

Another "cool" front blew through Indy last night with a reinforcing short of cool air.  Lots of wind and temps today in the 60's.  Maybe some light frost tomorrow.  We are still way down in the rainfall department but we got half an inch Wed. afternoon and that was as much as we received in all of August! 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 2,356
Expert

Re: Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

Nope, it was the lightning, flashes of light and all.  Ringing in ear can happen at any time, it's often a side-effect of a lightning strike.  And you are lucky to be alive with your ordeal.

It's why I don't garden while it rains now; trees have such a broad/thick canopy, it was easy to finish up during the rain.

Message 706 of 2,356
Master

Yeah, my mom was sitting on the couch when I went flying by her. Believe I was about 18 and she said she saw a big purple spark going from me to the register as I went past. I was just dazed but she was completely in shock. Smiley Surprised 

Shouldn't even be talking about things like that right now. Real high winds, rain and lightning/thunder on top of us. Plus a tornado watch and flood watch are not good. Smiley Sad

Flood Watch in effect through this evening...
Tornado Watch 28 in effect until 9 am EST this morning...

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 707 of 2,356
Expert

Youth was on your side. Smiley Wink

Well, that blows my theory of being safe...tornadoes and floods! 

Phil, are you getting the same warnings there?

Very cloudy last night, and supposed to be 30% of rain, but nothing yet.

weather.jpg

Message 708 of 2,356
Master

Believe if you look at the national weathermap this is the same line of storms that went through where Phil's located earlier.

Actually the main line of tornado producing storms is about 60-70 miles N of me but there are other smaller cells that could head our way.

They're having non-stop warnings on most all local TV stations. They say it's really unusual for tornados this time of year and for them occurring at night. What makes the main ones so dangerous is they're telling people in certain areas to head for their basements and most are asleep. Believe a weather warning radio would be a good thing to have in a case like this.

Note: the temp is 64 which is really high for night in February here.

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Message 709 of 2,356
ACE - Master

No noticeable damage on my side of town (except for some street flooding) but my mom lost her chimney cap and a section of wood fence (20 miles NE of me) and a house was destroyed by a tornado just a few miles up the road from her (same direction), so it could have been the same cell. Smiley Surprised

Indianapols sure does things with their sirens that baffle me - if we are under a Tornado Watch and a Severe Thunderstorm warning, they have the tornado sirens go off.  Odd.  Why not save thejm for their intended purpose.  It really desensitizes the public.  AND they went off 3-4 times within 30 minutes.  They were quite loud too.  That is a good thing, in that case.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 710 of 2,356
Employee

Took a short sleeve shirt to work but the breeze got so brisk all I needed was to roll up my long sleeves. They had a storm warnings on the radio up above the Charlotte Racetrack.

Went outside and saw some fireworks refections off the clouds and hear some distant thunder.

Uni you SPD seem to attact trouble. I does give you something to talk about in your old age. It is amazing any of us made to our 20s.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 711 of 2,356
Employee

It is raining to beat the band right now.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 712 of 2,356
Expert

We got the warmer day but no rain today.  I can live with that because lot's of snow melted. woo hoo.

Message 713 of 2,356
Master

26 right now which is 36 degrees colder than it was 18 hrs ago (62).

A tornado touched down in the same county but 20 miles from me. Luckily just damage to barns/outbuildings and nobody was hurt.

It will be nice to have 3 days where it will be partially sunny, but cool, to dry things out. We sure don't need the heavy rains expected Fri/Sat since many areas of Ohio are having flooding now.

Happy March 1st! Seems like we've already had our lion's share and hope it goes out like a lamb. Smiley Wink

Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
Clear
45° F | 27° F
Partly Cloudy
43° F | 20° F
Partly Cloudy
47° F | 36° F
Chance of Rain
54° F | 43° F
Chance of a Thunderstorm
58° F | 36° F
Clear Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy Chance of Rain
30% chance of precipitation
Chance of T-storms
60% chance of precipitation

Yeah SKP, don't know if trouble followed me or I followed it. Smiley Very Happy

Uniblurb3

Message 714 of 2,356
ACE - Master

My mom's street made the National Weather Service webpage.  Just below the info on the EF1 tornado that hit the town 5 miles up the road, the NWS stated that high straight line winds hit her town, just NW of the downtown area, which is her street.  Her power was out for 3 hours but her neighbors across the street were without for 12.  I took her to the doctor and most of the folks on her side of the street had extension cords running across the street to power the other folks sump pumps and saws.

Message 715 of 2,356
Master

The last couple of days here have been great could not ask for better weather.

Message 716 of 2,356
Expert

The weather here has been warmer in general.  The snow is melting, which is a good thing.  I'm glad we didin't get the rain they were forecasting.

Message 717 of 2,356
Expert

Good that everyone is safe.

SKP, I think trouble FOLLOWS me, and Uni!  I sure don't ask for it! Smiley Very Happy

edit--agree w/oz, weather has been nice, though chilly at night (heater is back on).

Message 718 of 2,356
Employee

spd2demun wrote:

Good that everyone is safe.

SKP, I think trouble FOLLOWS me, and Uni!  I sure don't ask for it! Smiley Very Happy

edit--agree w/oz, weather has been nice, though chilly at night (heater is back on).

I resemble that remark. I even caused a hurricane to hit Caribbean Islands. I am surprised I was not in Japan this week. Experienced my first earthquake while taking a shower. That adds some extra decisions you need to make in a split second. I was glad it was over before I really decided it was an earthquake and just finished enjoying the warm shower.  I have seen it rain in the Badlands which is a rare event. Seen it snow in the Disneyland area. Makes life memorable. What is odd I have never had an injury bad enough to require seeing a Doctor.

Employee Contributor*
Message 719 of 2,356
Expert

Possibly we're just more sensitive to our surroundings?  Things bother us that wouldn't be an issue for others? Smiley Wink

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL in Houston!  Bright sun, slight breeze, everything blooming!  79 right now, and we're still looking for rain.

Message 720 of 2,356
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support