Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

ACE - Master

Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

Another "cool" front blew through Indy last night with a reinforcing short of cool air.  Lots of wind and temps today in the 60's.  Maybe some light frost tomorrow.  We are still way down in the rainfall department but we got half an inch Wed. afternoon and that was as much as we received in all of August! 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 2,356 (38,260 Views)
Expert

Re: Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

I'm on 2, and 40-60mph hr. winds, 25 cent-sized hail...total darkness here!

They just said that it totally missed downtown and around the Beltway...apparently the East and West sides got plenty, the middle missed out.

Message 1456 of 2,356 (790 Views)
Professor

Illl switch over to 2 and see their weather . wow thats a heavy storm at up to 60mph winds. its getting dark out here now so yep its heading out here. I stil lcant get over how huge the area is for the storm this big go still miss certain sides of town especially completely miss downtown!
Message 1457 of 2,356 (786 Views)
Expert

That happens all the time here, Houston is so large, a rain storm can't cover it all at once. Smiley Very Happy

Quieting down here now, but hear the thunder over your way now...

Message 1458 of 2,356 (783 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

spd2demun wrote:

That happens all the time here, Houston is so large, a rain storm can't cover it all at once. Smiley Very Happy

Quieting down here now, but hear the thunder over your way now...

Wooooo!-Hoo! and Heeeee-Haw! its raining out here right now man!  dark as night outside and pouring!

Message 1459 of 2,356 (781 Views)
Expert

Then you must not be downtown and outside the Belt. Smiley Wink 

Message 1460 of 2,356 (775 Views)
Expert

OK, we must look just crazy celebrating rain!!!

Message 1461 of 2,356 (809 Views)
Highlighted
Master

If you guy are only happy when it rains your should move to Ohio where you could jump for joy about every other day!! Smiley Very Happy

It must be a big storm/cold front because it's just getting ready to hit us too. Smiley Wink

Hope you get some more rain and it helps the trees and plants.

BTW, there may be snow flurries in Ohio this weekend and probably up near the lake.

I know, forget movin' to Ohio! LOL

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 1462 of 2,356 (804 Views)
Professor

Nice link, spd.. I do believe the temps lower outside now
Message 1463 of 2,356 (803 Views)
Expert

Yes, Uni, forget about moving.  But I can trade you rain for heat?  Maybe not this weekend, though.

Yup, they missed the date--weather forecast now shows NO rain tomorrow; was supposed to happen tomorrow.  Nice, advanced weather forecasting.

Message 1464 of 2,356 (802 Views)
Professor

I think we need new weather foretellers in town, the ones we got may be the reason its been so dry "around these parts"
Message 1465 of 2,356 (799 Views)
Expert

They're just relying too much on their fancy gear instead of going out and looking at the clouds.

Still raining here...down to 70 degrees, 2 inches in the rain gauge!

Message 1466 of 2,356 (794 Views)
Professor

Lot of trees around here are starting to turn colors and some are dropping leaves. Where did summer go?   After a whole week of clouds and rain, next week is supposed to be sunny with temps in the 70's.

Glad to hear you finally got some decent rain spd.

Message 1467 of 2,356 (788 Views)
Employee

Doing the weather is the best job in the world. Where else can a million people watch you be wrong 50% of the time and you still keep your job.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1468 of 2,356 (781 Views)
Master

You got that right SKP and I really wonder if their averages even hit 50%? Was supposed to rain later today and instead it rained all day.

High of 53 today along with cloudy/dark, damp and chilly. Looks like the weekend is going to be ever worse with colder temps, rain and 10-25 mph winds for 3 days straight! Smiley Sad

nt_rain
Tonight
Widespread showers. Lows in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent.

rain
Saturday
Showers. Highs in the upper 40s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent.
nt_chancerain
Saturday Night
Cloudy. A chance of showers...mainly in the evening. Lows in the upper 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

chancerain
Sunday
Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
nt_chancerain
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

At least it may be sunny and hit 70 next week.

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 1469 of 2,356 (776 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

They used to be called Weather FORECASTERS (more appropriate, guessing game, LOL!); now they're Meteorologists (and real ones by education).  That degree doesn't seem to make them any more accurate.  And how do you explain the Farmers' Almanac, people used that for years, and still do--but they were dead wrong about Hurricane Ike and our area. Smiley Sad

Yes, rain was great!  Finally got a car cover that fits; 30% rain predicted tonight.  Anyone want to come over/down and help me force-fold 2 heavy covers BACK into their boxes for return? Smiley Surprised

Humidity was through the roof last night around 11P while I was putting the new cover on.  Had to throw out some bread as (usual), there were raccoons outside--mom with 2 babies.  Food to keep them busy while I worked!

90% rain, Uni?  Wow, I don't remember the last time we saw that # down here. Smiley Sad

edit for spell check

Message 1470 of 2,356 (773 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.