Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 15, 2010
12:46:03 PM
View profile
Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

Another "cool" front blew through Indy last night with a reinforcing short of cool air.  Lots of wind and temps today in the 60's.  Maybe some light frost tomorrow.  We are still way down in the rainfall department but we got half an inch Wed. afternoon and that was as much as we received in all of August! 

Another "cool" front blew through Indy last night with a reinforcing short of cool air.  Lots of wind and temps today in the 60's.  Maybe some light frost tomorrow.  We are still way down in the rainfall department but we got half an inch Wed. afternoon and that was as much as we received in all of August! 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

2,355 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2,355)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 9:14:35 AM
(0)
Master

Yeah, things not looking good at all for the Southern US as far as rainfall/temps. Smiley Sad

While some think global warming is a farce, putting all politics aside, I'm a firm believer it's real. So sad to see the below story/video a couple weeks ago of the 20,000 walruses who were forced to take a rest on Alaska land because of lack of Arctic ice. Very dismal quote to end the story, "There is no sign of Arctic recovery.". Smiley Sad

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39157633/ns/us_news-environment/t/thousands-walruses-flee-melting-sea-ic...

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.

Yeah, things not looking good at all for the Southern US as far as rainfall/temps. Smiley Sad

While some think global warming is a farce, putting all politics aside, I'm a firm believer it's real. So sad to see the below story/video a couple weeks ago of the 20,000 walruses who were forced to take a rest on Alaska land because of lack of Arctic ice. Very dismal quote to end the story, "There is no sign of Arctic recovery.". Smiley Sad

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39157633/ns/us_news-environment/t/thousands-walruses-flee-melting-sea-ice-shore/#.ToNDHIKTMao

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Re: Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

1441 of 2,356 (762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 9:46:00 AM
(0)
Expert

I feel bad for the wildlife, and if they go, we go; a lot of people don't think about that. Smiley Sad

Our planet is in another big cycle of change, not the first, won't be the last.  Until the newly-developing countries get onboard, not much of a chance.

I feel bad for the wildlife, and if they go, we go; a lot of people don't think about that. Smiley Sad

Our planet is in another big cycle of change, not the first, won't be the last.  Until the newly-developing countries get onboard, not much of a chance.

1442 of 2,356 (759 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 3:09:20 AM
(0)
Employee

This may be my last day at work to wear shorts.

This may be my last day at work to wear shorts.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

1443 of 2,356 (753 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 10:34:22 AM
(0)
Expert

It comes and goes down here, just unbelievable heat for this time of year.

Cold front and rain supposed to arrive tomorrow, getting night temps into the 60's, mid-50's for the weekend.

That's too drastic of a drop, IMO, but that's Houston. Smiley Sad

It comes and goes down here, just unbelievable heat for this time of year.

Cold front and rain supposed to arrive tomorrow, getting night temps into the 60's, mid-50's for the weekend.

That's too drastic of a drop, IMO, but that's Houston. Smiley Sad

1444 of 2,356 (747 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 10:58:03 AM
(0)
Professor
I am shocked we dont see a lot of summer sickness or colds due to no cold weather or cool relief from the stifling heat
I am shocked we dont see a lot of summer sickness or colds due to no cold weather or cool relief from the stifling heat
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

1445 of 2,356 (746 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 11:04:39 AM
(0)
Expert

Our sinus cavities stay plugged up with mold and pollen, how could anything get through, LOL!

Our sinus cavities stay plugged up with mold and pollen, how could anything get through, LOL!

1446 of 2,356 (745 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 11:08:43 AM
(0)
Professor
True! Very true!
True! Very true!

1447 of 2,356 (742 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 2:14:55 PM
(0)
Expert

Torrential downpour for 45 min., due West/NW in Houston!  Free car wash, LOL!

Had to wait for 10 min. at auto parts store for power to come back on, another 10 for the system to come back online. Smiley Sad

Still lots of thunder and light rain.

Torrential downpour for 45 min., due West/NW in Houston!  Free car wash, LOL!

Had to wait for 10 min. at auto parts store for power to come back on, another 10 for the system to come back online. Smiley Sad

Still lots of thunder and light rain.

1448 of 2,356 (736 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 3:33:07 PM
(0)
Expert

Too late to edit previous post, but raining so hard now, the TV volume has to be turned up. 

2 UV Weather Alerts, inbetween brown outs.  Have lost power 3 times. 

Guess our little cold front and rain is getting here a day earlier?

Too late to edit previous post, but raining so hard now, the TV volume has to be turned up. 

1449 of 2,356 (732 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 3:43:15 PM
(0)
Professor

spd2demun wrote:

SPD! you are kidding right?!? You are actually getting rain> even hard rain at that???

Man, its sunny and hot out this way! not a storm cloud in the sky! I guess thats how big the city is, rain in one side of town and dry as a bone on the other...

spd2demun wrote:

SPD! you are kidding right?!? You are actually getting rain> even hard rain at that???

Man, its sunny and hot out this way! not a storm cloud in the sky! I guess thats how big the city is, rain in one side of town and dry as a bone on the other...

1450 of 2,356 (728 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 3:45:45 PM
(0)
Expert

Yup, all true on the west side.  We need the rain, but I was NOT prepared for this until tomorrow!  Car on driveway will be full of water. Smiley Mad

Yup, all true on the west side.  We need the rain, but I was NOT prepared for this until tomorrow!  Car on driveway will be full of water. Smiley Mad

1451 of 2,356 (769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 3:51:02 PM
(0)
Professor
Man, thats great news as far as the rain, and torrential at that! lol. Youre gonna have to go out there and cover that baby up! Well I sure hope some of that moisture heads this way.. else I can come by and buy a couple of buckets of h20 from you!!! Start collecting barrells, it could get as expensive as oil and gas
Man, thats great news as far as the rain, and torrential at that! lol. Youre gonna have to go out there and cover that baby up! Well I sure hope some of that moisture heads this way.. else I can come by and buy a couple of buckets of h20 from you!!! Start collecting barrells, it could get as expensive as oil and gas

1452 of 2,356 (763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 3:52:27 PM
(0)
Expert
Forgot to add we even had hail, which my son just now told me about (I was not home then, and no hail while driving.)

Thunder and lightning like crazy!!!
Forgot to add we even had hail, which my son just now told me about (I was not home then, and no hail while driving.)

Thunder and lightning like crazy!!!

1453 of 2,356 (763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 3:54:25 PM
(0)
Expert

LOL!  I knew I should have bought that rain barrel!  You'll have to bring your own bucket(s) for now.

Hope the rest of Houston will get some of this!

LOL!  I knew I should have bought that rain barrel!  You'll have to bring your own bucket(s) for now.

Hope the rest of Houston will get some of this!

1454 of 2,356 (762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 3:57:53 PM
(0)
Professor
Looking at Channel 13's radar. it seems to be heading this way!!! Im going to go grab my barrells now. Ill be selling these bad boys once the storm passes! Hey, maybe we can do a garage sell and spit the proceeds! This stuff will sell like HOT cakes!
Looking at Channel 13's radar. it seems to be heading this way!!! Im going to go grab my barrells now. Ill be selling these bad boys once the storm passes! Hey, maybe we can do a garage sell and spit the proceeds! This stuff will sell like HOT cakes!

1455 of 2,356 (760 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 4:03:08 PM
(0)
Expert

I'm on 2, and 40-60mph hr. winds, 25 cent-sized hail...total darkness here!

They just said that it totally missed downtown and around the Beltway...apparently the East and West sides got plenty, the middle missed out.

I'm on 2, and 40-60mph hr. winds, 25 cent-sized hail...total darkness here!

They just said that it totally missed downtown and around the Beltway...apparently the East and West sides got plenty, the middle missed out.

1456 of 2,356 (757 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 4:18:47 PM
(0)
Professor
Illl switch over to 2 and see their weather . wow thats a heavy storm at up to 60mph winds. its getting dark out here now so yep its heading out here. I stil lcant get over how huge the area is for the storm this big go still miss certain sides of town especially completely miss downtown!
Illl switch over to 2 and see their weather . wow thats a heavy storm at up to 60mph winds. its getting dark out here now so yep its heading out here. I stil lcant get over how huge the area is for the storm this big go still miss certain sides of town especially completely miss downtown!

1457 of 2,356 (753 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 4:24:40 PM
(0)
Expert

That happens all the time here, Houston is so large, a rain storm can't cover it all at once. Smiley Very Happy

Quieting down here now, but hear the thunder over your way now...

That happens all the time here, Houston is so large, a rain storm can't cover it all at once. Smiley Very Happy

1458 of 2,356 (750 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 4:29:27 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Sep 29, 2011 at 4:32:57 PM

spd2demun wrote:

Wooooo!-Hoo! and Heeeee-Haw! its raining out here right now man!  dark as night outside and pouring!

spd2demun wrote:

Wooooo!-Hoo! and Heeeee-Haw! its raining out here right now man!  dark as night outside and pouring!

[ Edited ]
1459 of 2,356 (748 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 4:44:47 PM
(0)
Expert

Then you must not be downtown and outside the Belt. Smiley Wink 

Then you must not be downtown and outside the Belt. Smiley Wink 

1460 of 2,356 (742 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 4:45:42 PM
(0)
Expert

OK, we must look just crazy celebrating rain!!!

OK, we must look just crazy celebrating rain!!!

1461 of 2,356 (776 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 5:07:39 PM
(0)
Master

If you guy are only happy when it rains your should move to Ohio where you could jump for joy about every other day!! Smiley Very Happy

It must be a big storm/cold front because it's just getting ready to hit us too. Smiley Wink

Hope you get some more rain and it helps the trees and plants.

BTW, there may be snow flurries in Ohio this weekend and probably up near the lake.

I know, forget movin' to Ohio! LOL

Uniblurb3

If you guy are only happy when it rains your should move to Ohio where you could jump for joy about every other day!! Smiley Very Happy

It must be a big storm/cold front because it's just getting ready to hit us too. Smiley Wink

Hope you get some more rain and it helps the trees and plants.

BTW, there may be snow flurries in Ohio this weekend and probably up near the lake.

I know, forget movin' to Ohio! LOL

Uniblurb3

1462 of 2,356 (771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 5:10:43 PM
(0)
Professor
Nice link, spd.. I do believe the temps lower outside now
Nice link, spd.. I do believe the temps lower outside now

1463 of 2,356 (770 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 5:12:42 PM
(0)
Expert

Yes, Uni, forget about moving.  But I can trade you rain for heat?  Maybe not this weekend, though.

Yup, they missed the date--weather forecast now shows NO rain tomorrow; was supposed to happen tomorrow.  Nice, advanced weather forecasting.

Yes, Uni, forget about moving.  But I can trade you rain for heat?  Maybe not this weekend, though.

Yup, they missed the date--weather forecast now shows NO rain tomorrow; was supposed to happen tomorrow.  Nice, advanced weather forecasting.

1464 of 2,356 (769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 5:27:55 PM
(0)
Professor
I think we need new weather foretellers in town, the ones we got may be the reason its been so dry "around these parts"
I think we need new weather foretellers in town, the ones we got may be the reason its been so dry "around these parts"

1465 of 2,356 (766 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 6:06:47 PM
(0)
Expert

They're just relying too much on their fancy gear instead of going out and looking at the clouds.

Still raining here...down to 70 degrees, 2 inches in the rain gauge!

They're just relying too much on their fancy gear instead of going out and looking at the clouds.

Still raining here...down to 70 degrees, 2 inches in the rain gauge!

1466 of 2,356 (761 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2011 6:07:33 AM
(0)
Professor

Lot of trees around here are starting to turn colors and some are dropping leaves. Where did summer go?   After a whole week of clouds and rain, next week is supposed to be sunny with temps in the 70's.

Glad to hear you finally got some decent rain spd.

Lot of trees around here are starting to turn colors and some are dropping leaves. Where did summer go?   After a whole week of clouds and rain, next week is supposed to be sunny with temps in the 70's.

Glad to hear you finally got some decent rain spd.

1467 of 2,356 (755 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2011 2:10:10 PM
(0)
Employee

Doing the weather is the best job in the world. Where else can a million people watch you be wrong 50% of the time and you still keep your job.

Doing the weather is the best job in the world. Where else can a million people watch you be wrong 50% of the time and you still keep your job.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

1468 of 2,356 (748 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2011 2:52:42 PM
(0)
Master

You got that right SKP and I really wonder if their averages even hit 50%? Was supposed to rain later today and instead it rained all day.

High of 53 today along with cloudy/dark, damp and chilly. Looks like the weekend is going to be ever worse with colder temps, rain and 10-25 mph winds for 3 days straight! Smiley Sad

nt_rain
Tonight
Widespread showers. Lows in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent.

rain
Saturday
Showers. Highs in the upper 40s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent.
nt_chancerain
Saturday Night
Cloudy. A chance of showers...mainly in the evening. Lows in the upper 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

chancerain
Sunday
Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
nt_chancerain
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

At least it may be sunny and hit 70 next week.

Uniblurb3

You got that right SKP and I really wonder if their averages even hit 50%? Was supposed to rain later today and instead it rained all day.

High of 53 today along with cloudy/dark, damp and chilly. Looks like the weekend is going to be ever worse with colder temps, rain and 10-25 mph winds for 3 days straight! Smiley Sad

nt_rain
Tonight
Widespread showers. Lows in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent.

rain
Saturday
Showers. Highs in the upper 40s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent.
nt_chancerain
Saturday Night
Cloudy. A chance of showers...mainly in the evening. Lows in the upper 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

chancerain
Sunday
Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
nt_chancerain
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

At least it may be sunny and hit 70 next week.

Uniblurb3

1469 of 2,356 (743 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2011 3:24:59 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by spd2demun on Sep 30, 2011 at 3:27:31 PM

They used to be called Weather FORECASTERS (more appropriate, guessing game, LOL!); now they're Meteorologists (and real ones by education).  That degree doesn't seem to make them any more accurate.  And how do you explain the Farmers' Almanac, people used that for years, and still do--but they were dead wrong about Hurricane Ike and our area. Smiley Sad

Yes, rain was great!  Finally got a car cover that fits; 30% rain predicted tonight.  Anyone want to come over/down and help me force-fold 2 heavy covers BACK into their boxes for return? Smiley Surprised

Humidity was through the roof last night around 11P while I was putting the new cover on.  Had to throw out some bread as (usual), there were raccoons outside--mom with 2 babies.  Food to keep them busy while I worked!

90% rain, Uni?  Wow, I don't remember the last time we saw that # down here. Smiley Sad

edit for spell check

They used to be called Weather FORECASTERS (more appropriate, guessing game, LOL!); now they're Meteorologists (and real ones by education).  That degree doesn't seem to make them any more accurate.  And how do you explain the Farmers' Almanac, people used that for years, and still do--but they were dead wrong about Hurricane Ike and our area. Smiley Sad

Yes, rain was great!  Finally got a car cover that fits; 30% rain predicted tonight.  Anyone want to come over/down and help me force-fold 2 heavy covers BACK into their boxes for return? Smiley Surprised

Humidity was through the roof last night around 11P while I was putting the new cover on.  Had to throw out some bread as (usual), there were raccoons outside--mom with 2 babies.  Food to keep them busy while I worked!

90% rain, Uni?  Wow, I don't remember the last time we saw that # down here. Smiley Sad

edit for spell check

[ Edited ]
1470 of 2,356 (740 Views)