Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

ACE - Master

Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

Another "cool" front blew through Indy last night with a reinforcing short of cool air.  Lots of wind and temps today in the 60's.  Maybe some light frost tomorrow.  We are still way down in the rainfall department but we got half an inch Wed. afternoon and that was as much as we received in all of August! 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 2,356 (38,864 Views)
Expert

Re: Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

I saw the news early today, and they showed the US map and said some areas will have Spring delayed. Smiley Sad

Message 781 of 2,356 (826 Views)
Master

Isn't that the truth since we are supposed to have snow showers tomorrow. Guess the warm weather we had for a week was just a tease. I remember before when we've had cold/short Falls, and cold/short Springs. Temps went from hot to cold and then back to hot again. Hope it doesn't do that this year. Smiley Sad

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 782 of 2,356 (813 Views)
Expert

59 here with a predicted high of 66 or so; have had the heater back on for the past few nights.

And we didn't get ONE drop of rain from the severe thunderstorm prediction yesterday.  We all need a pollen washdown!

Message 783 of 2,356 (797 Views)
Employee

Showers on and off all day. Put the heavy jacket in the dryer when I got home. It was just a little damp. It was lighter when it took it out.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 784 of 2,356 (791 Views)
Master

Watched the heavy snow come down for much of the day and while real pretty, not for this time of year! Luckily the grounds warm enough where most of it melted but it's hanging on the trees, and other things, big time.

Friday night we will get 1"-2" of snow and just N of us will get 2"-4". Mother Nature will be turning all of us up north into April Fools! Smiley Sad

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Message 785 of 2,356 (785 Views)
Expert

Smiley Sad  Guess Charlie is having to get dragged in at night again?

Message 786 of 2,356 (780 Views)
Employee

This month has been weird. I don't remember 80s in the middle of March. Then snow for you guys the last week and it is too cool here.

You guys be safe on the roads.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 787 of 2,356 (770 Views)
Master

Spd, no this is Charlie's favorite weather and he's stayed outside all night almost all week. He sleeps inside all day. When I let him out late today he ran out, saw the snow, and ran over to the picnic table and licked all the snow/slush off of the seat boards. His fav place to get a drink. Smiley Wink

SKP, yeah I saw where they were having record highs clear down in S. Florida if I was reading it right. The whole weather pattern across the US seems screwed up. Luckily the warm roads melted the snow off fairly quickly today. But they could be slick when the moisture freezes in the morning.

This is just great weather for all the outdoor spring sports that just started. My nephew played lacrosse in a near blizzard tonight. And wonder how the minor/major league baseball teams like playing in the cold/snow up here?

Uniblurb3

Message 788 of 2,356 (761 Views)
ACE - Master

The Indianapolis area picked up 1.5" of snow, yesterday but that was the actual percipitation amount and only a half inch stuck to the trees, grass and such and it was gone in 45 minutes!  My kind of snow.  My wife drove in it at lunch time and said that it was near white out conditions.

About this same time in the 1970's, one of my best friends in high school and his dad were killed in a private plane crash in Kentucky, in similar weather circumstances.  His dad got disoriented in a snow squall, ran out gas and that was that.  Smiley Sad

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 789 of 2,356 (748 Views)
Expert

Smiley Sad

Message 790 of 2,356 (744 Views)
Master

It's going to be a swell next 5 days. Think I better go out and buy some posters of the sun to tape on the insides of the windows so I remember what it looks like. Smiley Surprised

Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday
Chance of Rain
49° F | 34° F
Chance of Snow
45° F | 31° F
Chance of Rain
54° F | 43° F
Thunderstorm
67° F | 45° F
Rain Showers
52° F | 34° F
Chance of Rain
40% chance of precipitation
Chance of Snow
30% chance of precipitation
Chance of Rain
40% chance of precipitation
T-storms
70% chance of precipitation
Rain Showers
60% chance of precipitation

Uniblurb3

Message 791 of 2,356 (837 Views)
Expert

I'll cyber-swap you some sun for some rain.  But it cannot be freezing rain!

Message 792 of 2,356 (829 Views)
Master

Deal, but sure can't guarantee it won't be freezing rain since that may happen tomorrow and a couple days later. Cold rain/freezing rain is so nasty. Smiley Sad

Uniblurb3

Message 793 of 2,356 (823 Views)
Highlighted
Master

90 today then cooling back off...

Dennis
Message 794 of 2,356 (817 Views)
Employee

Should be clear and 80's by Monday.  What happened to the 70's during spring. I sure hope it is not in the 100's all summer.

Uni I got the last of the installattion in the attic with the cold weather last weekend. I can cut the heat even lower during the day and the house stays constant. Before the inside temp bounced up and down depending on if the blowers had kicked on.

Employee Contributor*
Message 795 of 2,356 (808 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that!

Click here to check it out or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. You can quickly and easily resolve your service woes!

You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support