Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 23, 2014
3:46:37 PM
View profile
How close to a V-RAD do I need to be to get 24Mbps?

I recently upgraded from 12Mbps to 18Mbps. When I talked to CS on the phone to make the appointment I was told I can only go to 18Mbps and not 24Mbps. When the installer came out he said I should easilyi be able to get 24Mbps if not 45Mbps(with extra equipment for dual pair wires).

He said that I'm only 950ft from the V-RAD. I don't even think it's that far(I know where it's at). It's only about 200-300 linear feet. Of course the wire may not go in a straight line.

So what's the deal? How close to the V-RAD do I need to be to get the different speeds?

I recently upgraded from 12Mbps to 18Mbps. When I talked to CS on the phone to make the appointment I was told I can only go to 18Mbps and not 24Mbps. When the installer came out he said I should easilyi be able to get 24Mbps if not 45Mbps(with extra equipment for dual pair wires).

He said that I'm only 950ft from the V-RAD. I don't even think it's that far(I know where it's at). It's only about 200-300 linear feet. Of course the wire may not go in a straight line.

So what's the deal? How close to the V-RAD do I need to be to get the different speeds?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 23, 2014 7:36:40 PM
(0)
Employee
A few things are considered....
1) loop length, less than 2200 feet
2) max downstream sync needs minimum of 120% of desired profile
3) max upstream sync needs minimum of 120% of desired profile
4) SN margin ideally 15 or better, below 12 ok single digits asking for issues.

Your current profile is 25M/2M allows for 1SD/3HD inputs for IPTV and max internet of 18/1.5
For 24/3 internet (Turbo) need the 32M/5M profile (38.5/6 min sync readings)

As your currentprofileis 25M, auto disqualified for 24/3 internet.
If desire and numbers good (should be at less than 1000 feet), need to call or chat for tier 2 to change profile from 25 to 32.
Once profile has been changed can request internet upgrade. The upgrade is $10 more per month compared to current charges. Your recent upgrade was $5 more from Max to Max Plus, Max to Max Turbo is $15.

Good luck, but j just need right person to look at stats and make change.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

How close to a V-RAD do I need to be to get 24Mbps?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2014 3:47:41 PM
(0)
Participant

Sorry if this is on the wrong board. I tried to post it on the internet board but it woyuldn't let me.

Sorry if this is on the wrong board. I tried to post it on the internet board but it woyuldn't let me.

Re: How close to a V-RAD do I need to be to get 24Mbps?

2 of 3 (790 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 23, 2014 7:36:40 PM
(0)
Employee

Your current profile is 25M/2M allows for 1SD/3HD inputs for IPTV and max internet of 18/1.5

If desire and numbers good (should be at less than 1000 feet), need to call or chat for tier 2 to change profile from 25 to 32.
Once profile has been changed can request internet upgrade. The upgrade is $10 more per month compared to current charges. Your recent upgrade was $5 more from Max to Max Plus, Max to Max Turbo is $15.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: How close to a V-RAD do I need to be to get 24Mbps?

3 of 3 (764 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments