How close to a V-RAD do I need to be to get 24Mbps?

Participant

How close to a V-RAD do I need to be to get 24Mbps?

I recently upgraded from 12Mbps to 18Mbps. When I talked to CS on the phone to make the appointment I was told I can only go to 18Mbps and not 24Mbps. When the installer came out he said I should easilyi be able to get 24Mbps if not 45Mbps(with extra equipment for dual pair wires).

He said that I'm only 950ft from the V-RAD. I don't even think it's that far(I know where it's at). It's only about 200-300 linear feet. Of course the wire may not go in a straight line.

So what's the deal? How close to the V-RAD do I need to be to get the different speeds?

Message 1 of 3 (841 Views)
Participant

Re: How close to a V-RAD do I need to be to get 24Mbps?

Sorry if this is on the wrong board. I tried to post it on the internet board but it woyuldn't let me.

Message 2 of 3 (840 Views)
Employee
Accepted by topic author SkellyCA
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: How close to a V-RAD do I need to be to get 24Mbps?

A few things are considered....
1) loop length, less than 2200 feet
2) max downstream sync needs minimum of 120% of desired profile
3) max upstream sync needs minimum of 120% of desired profile
4) SN margin ideally 15 or better, below 12 ok single digits asking for issues.

Your current profile is 25M/2M allows for 1SD/3HD inputs for IPTV and max internet of 18/1.5
For 24/3 internet (Turbo) need the 32M/5M profile (38.5/6 min sync readings)

As your currentprofileis 25M, auto disqualified for 24/3 internet.
If desire and numbers good (should be at less than 1000 feet), need to call or chat for tier 2 to change profile from 25 to 32.
Once profile has been changed can request internet upgrade. The upgrade is $10 more per month compared to current charges. Your recent upgrade was $5 more from Max to Max Plus, Max to Max Turbo is $15.

Good luck, but j just need right person to look at stats and make change.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (814 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.