Fire Fox Issue

Expert

Fire Fox Issue

I launched FF and my home page att.my.yahoo.com isn't displaying properly. The forum looks ok and some other sites, but Facebook isn't displaying properly either. Everything is listed on the left side of the screen. Is anyone else seeing something similar? Does anyone have solution suggestions?
Message 1 of 11 (958 Views)
Employee

Re: Fire Fox Issue

Everything is working fine with FF and Facebook and every other site.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 11 (957 Views)
Expert

I found a solution that resolved the problem.

Message 3 of 11 (955 Views)
Expert

What was it?

Message 4 of 11 (938 Views)
Expert

I went in and emptied out the cache folder and everything went back to normal.   I would have posted exactly what I did, but I did a lot of looking to get to that point.  The pages weren't loading properly.

Message 5 of 11 (931 Views)
Employee

This is not directed towards anyone but just a suggestion.  It helps to shut down a computer and reboot every so often.  A lot of people  leave it on 24/7 and it helps to reset things and clean out logs by sutting down the computer at least once a week.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 11 (927 Views)
Expert
Accepted by ATTJulieCS (Community Support)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Escapee wrote:

This is not directed towards anyone but just a suggestion.  It helps to shut down a computer and reboot every so often.  A lot of people  leave it on 24/7 and it helps to reset things and clean out logs by sutting down the computer at least once a week.

I agree with you  E.  In this case I did cold boots, warm boots, ran spyware/malware, MSE scans.  I went digging around in the FF support pages.  I found the FAQs, I posted questions, and I even went to a chat session.  I finally found instructions about clearing the cache and that is what worked.   Lots and lots and lots of digging, but I found it.

Message 7 of 11 (925 Views)
ACE - Expert

Actually I have mine set to empty the cache everytime it closes, so things don't get fumbled up in the cache and cause problems. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 11 (921 Views)

mibrnsurg wrote:

Actually I have mine set to empty the cache everytime it closes, so things don't get fumbled up in the cache and cause problems. Smiley Wink

Chris

1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

That's a good idea and one I recommend to our customers as well.

The other thing I recommend to our customers is to clear their temp folder occasionaly since it can get rather large and effect performance.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 9 of 11 (906 Views)
ACE - Expert

oufanindallas wrote:

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

That's a good idea and one I recommend to our customers as well.

The other thing I recommend to our customers is to clear their temp folder occasionaly since it can get rather large and effect performance.

I'd bet most users have no idea where their temp folder is until they read about it or talk to some tech. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 11 (897 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Probably not most users on THIS forum! Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 11 (889 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.