Ask a question

Posted Dec 16, 2011
4:18:02 PM
View profile
Fire Fox Issue
I launched FF and my home page att.my.yahoo.com isn't displaying properly. The forum looks ok and some other sites, but Facebook isn't displaying properly either. Everything is listed on the left side of the screen. Is anyone else seeing something similar? Does anyone have solution suggestions?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 17, 2011 4:58:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Escapee wrote:

This is not directed towards anyone but just a suggestion.  It helps to shut down a computer and reboot every so often.  A lot of people  leave it on 24/7 and it helps to reset things and clean out logs by sutting down the computer at least once a week.

I agree with you  E.  In this case I did cold boots, warm boots, ran spyware/malware, MSE scans.  I went digging around in the FF support pages.  I found the FAQs, I posted questions, and I even went to a chat session.  I finally found instructions about clearing the cache and that is what worked.   Lots and lots and lots of digging, but I found it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Fire Fox Issue

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2011 5:11:16 PM
(0)
Employee

Everything is working fine with FF and Facebook and every other site.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Fire Fox Issue

2 of 11 (773 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2011 5:37:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I found a solution that resolved the problem.

3 of 11 (771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 3:00:28 AM
(0)
Expert

What was it?

4 of 11 (754 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 3:44:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I went in and emptied out the cache folder and everything went back to normal.   I would have posted exactly what I did, but I did a lot of looking to get to that point.  The pages weren't loading properly.

5 of 11 (747 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 4:27:25 PM
(0)
Employee

This is not directed towards anyone but just a suggestion.  It helps to shut down a computer and reboot every so often.  A lot of people  leave it on 24/7 and it helps to reset things and clean out logs by sutting down the computer at least once a week.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 11 (743 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 17, 2011 4:58:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Escapee wrote:

I agree with you  E.  In this case I did cold boots, warm boots, ran spyware/malware, MSE scans.  I went digging around in the FF support pages.  I found the FAQs, I posted questions, and I even went to a chat session.  I finally found instructions about clearing the cache and that is what worked.   Lots and lots and lots of digging, but I found it.

7 of 11 (741 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 6:54:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Actually I have mine set to empty the cache everytime it closes, so things don't get fumbled up in the cache and cause problems. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

8 of 11 (737 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2011 5:20:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

mibrnsurg wrote:

Actually I have mine set to empty the cache everytime it closes, so things don't get fumbled up in the cache and cause problems. Smiley Wink

Chris

1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

That's a good idea and one I recommend to our customers as well.

The other thing I recommend to our customers is to clear their temp folder occasionaly since it can get rather large and effect performance.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

9 of 11 (722 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2011 3:36:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

oufanindallas wrote:

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

That's a good idea and one I recommend to our customers as well.

The other thing I recommend to our customers is to clear their temp folder occasionaly since it can get rather large and effect performance.

I'd bet most users have no idea where their temp folder is until they read about it or talk to some tech. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

10 of 11 (713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2011 4:30:37 PM
(0)
Expert

Probably not most users on THIS forum! Smiley Wink

11 of 11 (705 Views)