Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 19, 2012
3:05:14 PM
View profile
Dish to Raise Rates in January

It must be that time of the year:

After not changing rates for two years, Dish Network will increase the price of its core TV bundles between 7% and 20% effective January 2013, with most packages rising $5 per month.

Dish spokesman John Hall said the operator is introducing the “modest” hikes because of significant increases in programming costs.

“As an industry we have seen [programming rate] increases in double-digit percentages,” he said, adding that over the last two years all of Dish’s major competitors have increased prices.

Four of Dish’s core tiers will increase by $5 per month: the entry-level Smart Pack will increase from $24.99 to $29.99 per month; the America’s Top 120 package will increase from $44.99 to $49.99 per month; America's Top 200 will increase from $59.99 to $64.99 per month; and America’s Top 250 will go from $69.99 to $74.99.

The all-inclusive America’s Everything package with 290-plus channels including premium networks will rise $15, from $104.99 to $119.99 per month.

http://www.multichannel.com/satellite/dish-raise-rates-january/140823

It must be that time of the year:

After not changing rates for two years, Dish Network will increase the price of its core TV bundles between 7% and 20% effective January 2013, with most packages rising $5 per month.

Dish spokesman John Hall said the operator is introducing the “modest” hikes because of significant increases in programming costs.

“As an industry we have seen [programming rate] increases in double-digit percentages,” he said, adding that over the last two years all of Dish’s major competitors have increased prices.

Four of Dish’s core tiers will increase by $5 per month: the entry-level Smart Pack will increase from $24.99 to $29.99 per month; the America’s Top 120 package will increase from $44.99 to $49.99 per month; America's Top 200 will increase from $59.99 to $64.99 per month; and America’s Top 250 will go from $69.99 to $74.99.

The all-inclusive America’s Everything package with 290-plus channels including premium networks will rise $15, from $104.99 to $119.99 per month.

http://www.multichannel.com/satellite/dish-raise-rates-january/140823

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Dish to Raise Rates in January

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2012 5:00:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

But I thought only UVerse raised their rates? Smiley Very Happy

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

But I thought only UVerse raised their rates? Smiley Very Happy

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Dish to Raise Rates in January

2 of 2 (357 Views)