For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
10YearUser's profile

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, November 26th, 2015 11:08 PM

Day 15 NO internet, NO phone, NO TV and NO competitor. Its also thanksgiving

I get standard answer from Customer Care "Field service will call you when done"

No competitor - Verizon or Time Warner too. Its AT&T area and neighbor on left had AT&T and neighbor on right already has AT&T. Hard to accept that AT&T has to dig trenches to get new connection for me.

Costs me lot of money to use AT&T mobile phone hotspot  where hotspots keeps dropping.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

Unable to get Internet, Phone or TV after 11 days of confirme appointment

Sent: ‎11-23-2015 10:51:02 AM
Read: ‎11-23-2015 10:52:38 AM

Thanks to the Social Media Manager for contacting me via email. He said they need to dig a trench and get city permit due to construction activity.

It may sound a dumb question but please pardon me. I thought trenches are dug after permit from city to pass cables 'before' a house comes up and 'not after' an owner has moved in. My neighbor has AT&T who moved earlier this summer and I see new homes coming on the same street. So will AT&T dig trenches each time for a customer?

I am unable to be in this mode of working on spending $15 for sustenance support using my mobile data plan. Wish someone could tell me how long do I need to be in this mode. I called in AT&T at least a month ago to make sure that I get basic internet and phone. I am an AT&T customer and the QoS on the transmission is very good but I was not expecting to go through this experience frankly.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

8 years ago

I'm not surprised. Why should att or any other provider connect a home when no one lives there yet? They'll wait for an order and then connect. If a cable company serviced your area I bet they wouldn't connect a home until they received an order as well.

Can you go somewhere that has free wifi to save using your phone as a hotspot?

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

8 years ago

Trenches and permits vary by local ordinances....

In our area, a burial crew uses a machine similar to a tiller that digs, lays line, covers all at one time. Of course as we are in Wisconsin, this only happens about 8 months a year, the other 4 months when ground is frozen the cable just sits there (tripping hazard to children/animals) but customer is connected. If the local government body says a permit has to be issued, nothing can be buried till have permit. 

If this is new construction, the builder should have (in my opinion) had the wiring in place (permits already issued) before selling the property. Of course in areas where outside plant is aerial (poles instead of underground) no need to run a drop wire to house till service is ordered... This is apparently the same thinking used for buried, but honestly new construction (my opinion) contractor/builder should have had line placed or provided a trench tube to pull wire before landscaping done.

Could consider the mobility product from AT&T for wireless phone/internet, up to 10 devices.... 

https://www.att.com/cellphones/att/wireless-home-phone-and-internet.html

And of course some satillete companies offer internet with high latency, low caps(?).

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Hi

Thanks much for your reply. I truly appreciate your genuine help.

Regarding Wireless Home Phone

AT&T mobile told me they cannot send me the wireless home phone since there is a pending order with Uverse. Also Uverse is closed today and,  that its they who can do anything on sending anything.

Regarding my new home

My question to my builder "Good Morning. AT&T Customer Care says there is no underground conduit going to my property and it takes city permit and location to be done so that they can get the cable buried. Would you please tell me what do you do and don't do in this context. This will help me."

Reply from my builder:

"Good morning, I am wondering if you're talking to the right personnel there, as this is installation for new construction. We do not run any conduit or line from the house to the street, and it is never been an issue with any other customer. Normally they run the line over the grass and connect it, and then afterwards a crew comes by and puts it in the grass"

Next Steps

I shall call Uverse when they are back up. The challenge is I get a standard answer "Your work is under review and the field person will call you when done”. Its only when I sent the first message in this forum, a Social Media Manager from AT&T sent me an email that I reproduced to my builder as stated above. Thereafter there is no one whom can talk to from AT&T.  I don’t know how long will this take. There is no other option for me and going for Satellite is not good for me as they ask me for 2 year contract with cap on data download and speed is just 10Mbps.

I frankly hope one day the AT&T field person calls me and tells me something at least. I never expected I would get this kind of customer service frankly where I have to run pillar to post on a holiday season when its actually the time to watch TV and have fun with family.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Thank  you for your reply. I understand what you say and agree but if I knew this is the kind of wait I would be going through (day 16 today with no dates on completion),  from AT&T I would have rather delayed my move in. Its AT&T that confirmed the field person appointment on 11/12.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks all.  This issue is resolved. AT&T technician was here and I am all set on the internet, TV and Phone.  I thank all who supported me with your suggestions

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

8 years ago

Glad to hear you are connected now. Post again if you have any questions about your services.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.