Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Damage to irrigation from U-verse fiber install

Sifter

Damage to irrigation from U-verse fiber install

Roughly two months ago, ATT contractors Ansko and assoicates installed fiber in our community.  While starting up my irrigation system roughly a month ago for the first time after winterization, it was observed that my irrigation line had been severed.  Prior to work starting, ATT / contractor had left flyers in the neighborhood stating fiber was being installed and that "damaged caused by this work will be repaired in a timely manner", with their company name and number.  I contacted the contractor on April 4th, 2016, and spoke with the receptionist.  She stated the supervisor would contact me within 48 hours (as, "he is a busy man" - you know, I am busy too).  I called back again on April 7, 2016 and spoke to the receptionist who repeated pretty much the same thing she told me last time.  I escalated this to ATT risk management on April 7th, 2016 (after 4 transfers and being on the phone for an hour, someone finally figured out what I needed - the direct number is 800-894-0374, BTW).  I was then given a claim number, and my case was sent onto Sedgewick.  An associate from Sedgewick promptly called me on April 8th, 2016 to tell me he was working on my case and to expect to hear something within a few days.  On April 12th, 2016, I left a follow up message with the Sedgewick associate and he responded the same day via email letting me know he was "waiting to hear back from the ATT contact that works with contractors in the area".  I emailed back on April 15, 2016 to follow up on the status with no response, and again on April 19, 2016 with no response.

It has been over two weeks since I first made contact with the contractor, and there has been no progress on my claim.  My questions are: are the contractors / claim personnel merely following protocol with the goal of frustrating the customer in the hopes they will give up? what in ATT's opinion is "timely repair to damages"?  Ok, so these are rhetorical questions, but really, what do I need to do to get a repair?  Call the local news as others have done just to get the proper attention to the matter?  Take legal action as others have done?  Would love it if someone would just take responsibility and do the right freaking thing.

Message 1 of 7
Community Support

Re: Damage to irrigation from U-verse fiber install

Hello @Clee123

We are sorry for your inconvenience. We will be glad to help. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Provide your:

• Name
  • Complete address
  • Phone number

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7
Sifter

PM sent.

Message 3 of 7
Community Support

Hi @Clee123,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you on this issue.

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

Is there an update on this issue @Clee123 ? I'm curious if they have come out to assess and repair damages caused during installation, because this is happening in my neighborhood currently and I am wondering what to do, and also what to do to avoid going through a 2 week (or more) cycle of phone calls and hassle as you did.

Thank you

Message 5 of 7
Contributor

I have the same issue. It's been over 3 months. Sedgwick is passing this off to a subcontractor who did the job, but did not provide me with the right contact info. In the meantime, I already incurred the expense to fix the issue as Sedgwick recommended. No clear path for reimbursement. Feel like I have to take legal action
Message 6 of 7
Observer

Hello,

we have the same issue. I am frustrated.

Thanks,

RK

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support