Comcast to purchase Time Warner

Comcast to purchase Time Warner

They are slowly taking over everything now, NBC, now one of their largest compeititors in TWC

Story here

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 1 of 12 (885 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Comcast to purchase Time Warner

Now it's going to be Comwarner? :-)

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 12 (863 Views)
Employee

WarnCast - and they'll highlight The Weather Channel ...
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 12 (860 Views)

[ Edited ]

ScottMac wrote:
WarnCast - and they'll highlight The Weather Channel ...

Smiley Very Happy

Trying to steal those DTV defectees that are upset that DTV is endangering their lives because I didn't have weather channel to warn me there was a hurrinadoizzrad coming my way.

The could call it TimeCast, we go back in time to stop it from happening.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 12 (848 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

They are slowly taking over everything now, NBC, now one of their largest compeititors in TWC

Story here

Slowly?  SLOWLY? Smiley Very Happy Smiley Surprised

By looking at this chart (not sure of its validity) looks like a Monopoly to me:

AND have you seen the (Time) Warner knock off, "Warn a Brother" shirts?  Change the word Police for FTC and/or FCC and you might have a fly in the ointment:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 12 (813 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

We've never had Comcast in my area but sure haven't heard very good things from others on this forum who have. But I know my mom has constant problems with Time Warner here as my daughter in San Diego does too. Sounds like a wonderful merger! Lol.

Some may remember me saying this before but when TW first came to my area this gal gave me a call and asked if I wanted their service? I told her I thought I was too far from the road? She entered my address in and said I was correct in being 900' from their pole service. I asked her how much it would cost to run service to my house and she said at $100/ft for direct burial it would be $9,000! I just laughed in the phone and told her I'd run overhead service myself. She said customers aren't allowed to install their own service cable. Then I told her why didn't she check my address in the first place before calling me and offering their service? Geeze....

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 6 of 12 (785 Views)

I've had TWC on more than one occasion.  In Hawaii, it's about the only choice you have for your provider unless you go with one of the satellite providers and one of the apartments I lived in, it came with their basic service.  They used to be pretty good but their customer service really stunk up the joint last time I had them, I had DTV and TWC internet and I constantly had billing issues with them.

Message 7 of 12 (777 Views)
ACE - Master

I had TWC from about 1985 thru 1993 or so.  Hated them.  Of course this was before HD and all sets just ran off the coax from the wall.  No STB's or anything fancy.

I kept having issues on our local channels bleeding over.  OTA channel 4 was 3 on TWC, OTA 5 was 6, and OTA 12 was 13.  Don't know who's logic that was, but I put in a service call and some guy came out and said my contrast was too high causing the bleed over.  Umm Hmm, sure.  So he lowered it until I could hardly see the picture and said "see now isn't that better"?  I told him I couldn't see the picture at all!!  Then he went outside and clanked around by the entry cable and said he found the problem.  I had too many TV's connected!!  Huh?  Said I was only paying for 1 connected TV and I had 3.  What???  I told him to get the &^*% out of my house.  Thing was all of my neighbors were having the exact same issue so I knew it was an outside problem.

I waited for about a month and called again.  Darn if the same guy didn't show up.  I opened the door and saw him and said nevermind and closed the door.  Called Dish and was installed in about a week.  Never have had TWC since.  And won't.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 8 of 12 (751 Views)
ACE - Master

Uni - I had Comcast from 94-08.  The service itself is pretty good.  It's everything except the service that's bad: bad CS, higher than most pricing, silly management decisions and so on.

I pay for dad's TWC in North Carolina.  BAD billing and CS.  I finally resorted to using Facebook messaging to get an issue ironed out and that was that.

Beebee: Ah, plain old cable service.  POCS I guess it would be?  At any rate, if you had VHF OTA stations in the area, the entire cable system worked like an antenna.  Our local channel 8 was the main culprit and you would see ghosting of it on QVC, which was Comcast's channel 8, locally.  Man things have advanced a bit, huh?

Message 9 of 12 (736 Views)
ACE - Master

Yeah Dave they have!!  That's exactly what I was getting was the bleed over from the VHF OTA local stations.  It was so bad that we could not watch channels 4, 5, and 12 because those were the OTA channel numbers and TWC had them as 3, 6, and 13.  It was so bad if you tuned to 3 or 4 same station, 5 and 6 same thing.  You get the idea. 

I even tried a booster from Radio Shack.  That was a waste of money.  Couldn't believe they tried to blame it on having to many TV's.  What a joke. 

Message 10 of 12 (722 Views)
ACE - Master

BeeBeeSA wrote:

Yeah Dave they have!!  That's exactly what I was getting was the bleed over from the VHF OTA local stations.  It was so bad that we could not watch channels 4, 5, and 12 because those were the OTA channel numbers and TWC had them as 3, 6, and 13.  It was so bad if you tuned to 3 or 4 same station, 5 and 6 same thing.  You get the idea. 

I even tried a booster from Radio Shack.  That was a waste of money.  Couldn't believe they tried to blame it on having to many TV's.  What a joke. 

Unfortunately the booster might have made it worse.  What might have worked is a notch filter, either cut for a particular RF bandwidth or a tunable one.   I didn't watch too much QVC, so I didn't mind a ghost imprint of WISH-TV 8,  floating around the stuff that they were selling. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 12 (702 Views)
Professor

Message 12 of 12 (547 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.