Posted Feb 28, 2013
3:40:25 PM
Comcast Increase Speeds

Comcast is looking like it might make inroads into ATT Uverse by virtue of offering <at no extra cost> D/L speeds of up to 105 Mb/s. It is certainly an attractive offer. I am pleased with my total Uverse service except the low speeds offered for internet. I hope ATT will make some sort of announcement matching Comcast speeds.

Comcast is looking like it might make inroads into ATT Uverse by virtue of offering <at no extra cost> D/L speeds of up to 105 Mb/s. It is certainly an attractive offer. I am pleased with my total Uverse service except the low speeds offered for internet. I hope ATT will make some sort of announcement matching Comcast speeds.

Comcast Increase Speeds

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2013 10:34:28 AM
(0)
Master

I'm not sure how you can say Comcast can offer faster internet speeds, such as "Extreme 105Mbps", "at no extra cost"?? Their internet speed services are tiered just like U-verse's where the faster the speeds the more you're going to pay. If you look at the below link you can see where "Extreme 105Mbps" is $89.99/month and the next lowest speed is "Blast 50Mbps" at $59.99/month. $30 difference per month for doubling your speed is a substantial price increase. And this special offer pricing is only good for 6 months and not open to customers already with "XFINITY" internet services.

http://wwwb.comcast.com/internet-service.html

In this link Comcast not only wanted my full phone number, but also the last 4 digits of my SSN, for pricing in my area. Right, like I'm going to supply part of my SSN just for pricing!

I do agree U-verse is going to have to offer faster HSI speeds in the near future to stay competitive with other providers.

I'm not sure how you can say Comcast can offer faster internet speeds, such as "Extreme 105Mbps", "at no extra cost"?? Their internet speed services are tiered just like U-verse's where the faster the speeds the more you're going to pay. If you look at the below link you can see where "Extreme 105Mbps" is $89.99/month and the next lowest speed is "Blast 50Mbps" at $59.99/month. $30 difference per month for doubling your speed is a substantial price increase. And this special offer pricing is only good for 6 months and not open to customers already with "XFINITY" internet services.

In this link Comcast not only wanted my full phone number, but also the last 4 digits of my SSN, for pricing in my area. Right, like I'm going to supply part of my SSN just for pricing!

I do agree U-verse is going to have to offer faster HSI speeds in the near future to stay competitive with other providers.

Re: Comcast Increase Speeds

2 of 8 (2,846 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2013 7:06:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Uniblurb3 wrote:

From what I understand (family and friends), two speeds are getting an increase without a matching price increase.  Some may say that they are making it up in other areas but they are running ads comparing their speeds against U-Verse's.  We will have to see what AT&T does, I believe that they will have to give some lower speed tiers (1.5, and 3) a "free" boost.  

When I had Comcast HSI, everyone that was on 3 got a free upgrade to 6.  I'm now at 18 w/UV and I'm not looking forward to when that promo ends. :smileyvery-happy:  18 is about the slowest for those who Telework, per my work help desk.

Uniblurb3 wrote:

From what I understand (family and friends), two speeds are getting an increase without a matching price increase.  Some may say that they are making it up in other areas but they are running ads comparing their speeds against U-Verse's.  We will have to see what AT&T does, I believe that they will have to give some lower speed tiers (1.5, and 3) a "free" boost.  

When I had Comcast HSI, everyone that was on 3 got a free upgrade to 6.  I'm now at 18 w/UV and I'm not looking forward to when that promo ends. :smileyvery-happy:  18 is about the slowest for those who Telework, per my work help desk.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 8 (2,788 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2013 1:45:26 PM
(0)
Contributor

I believe Grandpamike1 was talking about the fact that The Blast service was increased from 25/4mb to 50/10mb and the Extreme service was increased from 50/15mb to 105/20mb while keeping the price the same, which for the Blast is only 6 more dollars then I'm paying for my 24/3mb Max Turbo... 
Has U-verse given up on trying to compete for speed? It's getting harder and harder to justify staying with Uverse.

I believe Grandpamike1 was talking about the fact that The Blast service was increased from 25/4mb to 50/10mb and the Extreme service was increased from 50/15mb to 105/20mb while keeping the price the same, which for the Blast is only 6 more dollars then I'm paying for my 24/3mb Max Turbo... 
Has U-verse given up on trying to compete for speed? It's getting harder and harder to justify staying with Uverse.

4 of 8 (2,719 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2013 3:15:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

ignitionterm wrote:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/New-Speeds-Coming/m-p/3446707

ignitionterm wrote:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/New-Speeds-Coming/m-p/3446707

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 8 (2,706 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2013 9:38:36 PM
(0)
Employee
105 is business class with static ip. The install price for install and setup is huge. ... then you will be charged extra b.c being a business service you pay extra incase something goes wrong so you are top priority. Not their best deal by far. Residential users that are non-server shouldn't really need at most 50 down and 20 up. Google fiber is 1000mb dow n and up. Friend just got in leavenworth kansas. I see them everyday burying their mainline
105 is business class with static ip. The install price for install and setup is huge. ... then you will be charged extra b.c being a business service you pay extra incase something goes wrong so you are top priority. Not their best deal by far. Residential users that are non-server shouldn't really need at most 50 down and 20 up. Google fiber is 1000mb dow n and up. Friend just got in leavenworth kansas. I see them everyday burying their mainline
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 8 (2,655 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2013 9:48:18 PM
(0)
Employee
For those wondering and asking yes ATT is getting ready to push higher speeds, however depends on where you live on what the new max will be. The fiber plant that google is laying and the fiber ATT is laying will speed process up. ATT will be allowed to use their signals in googles fiber as well. ATT is going cloud based. Will have one box outside.wirelessly feeding boxes and computers with new ac routing.
For those wondering and asking yes ATT is getting ready to push higher speeds, however depends on where you live on what the new max will be. The fiber plant that google is laying and the fiber ATT is laying will speed process up. ATT will be allowed to use their signals in googles fiber as well. ATT is going cloud based. Will have one box outside.wirelessly feeding boxes and computers with new ac routing.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 8 (2,654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2013 6:09:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Uniblurb3 wrote:

Right now Uverse can only compete against DSL and in a lot of places it can even do that competently.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Uniblurb3 wrote:

Right now Uverse can only compete against DSL and in a lot of places it can even do that competently.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

8 of 8 (2,598 Views)