Posted Dec 7, 2012
7:54:48 AM
View profile
British Nurse duped by Australian prank callers commits suicide!

I like a good prank but man, that is sad!  On CNN.com and MSNBC.com as Breaking News.

I like a good prank but man, that is sad!  On CNN.com and MSNBC.com as Breaking News.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

British Nurse duped by Australian prank callers commits suicide!

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2012 11:38:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I read about this.  It's soooo sad.  I wonder if other things were going on and this just pushed her over the edge.

R.I.P.  :smileysad:

I read about this.  It's soooo sad.  I wonder if other things were going on and this just pushed her over the edge.

R.I.P.  :smileysad:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: British Nurse duped by Australian prank callers commits suicide!

2 of 5 (566 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2012 12:01:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

She probably caught so much heat from hospital administration and co-workers, along with the press the story was getting.  It probably got to be too much for her.  I wonder if the DJs or even the radio station will be held accountable in any way?

She probably caught so much heat from hospital administration and co-workers, along with the press the story was getting.  It probably got to be too much for her.  I wonder if the DJs or even the radio station will be held accountable in any way?

3 of 5 (562 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2012 7:50:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by hpmsrm on Dec 8, 2012 at 7:51:17 PM

Absolutely unforgiveable stunt.  I doubt if any criminal charges could be brought against the radio station and/or the two talk show hosts.  Especially because it would be difficult to reach half away around the world to get at them.  But I would think that her family might be able to go to Australia and file a suit in civil court......or whatever they call them in their justice system.  When I read the story I immediately thought of the similarity to stories of the deadly effects of bullying that goes on with teenagers.

At all the hospitals I've had anything to do with here in the U.S. they would have been turned down flat when they started seeking information.

"I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image." ........Stephen Hawking

Absolutely unforgiveable stunt.  I doubt if any criminal charges could be brought against the radio station and/or the two talk show hosts.  Especially because it would be difficult to reach half away around the world to get at them.  But I would think that her family might be able to go to Australia and file a suit in civil court......or whatever they call them in their justice system.  When I read the story I immediately thought of the similarity to stories of the deadly effects of bullying that goes on with teenagers.

At all the hospitals I've had anything to do with here in the U.S. they would have been turned down flat when they started seeking information.

"I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image." ........Stephen Hawking

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2012 12:11:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It has been reported that the DJs have been pulled off the air and their show has been taken off, at least temporarily.  They have also lost lots of their advertisers for their radio show.  The police in England are reported to state they may want to talk to those two DJs as well. 

I agree with the post above this one, the hospitals that I have had any dealings with have a very strict privacy policy.  We had a tragic incident in 2000 and those who were hospital designated them as Star 1 and Star 2, and our immediate family were the only people who knew that.  This way if we needed to call and get information the hospital staff only gave info to those who knew those names.

Those DJs are really distraught about the events that have resulted because of their prank.  The royal family is directly affected but if they want they could jump really deep into the hospital's pocket as well as the radio station's  and the company that owns the radio station.

It has been reported that the DJs have been pulled off the air and their show has been taken off, at least temporarily.  They have also lost lots of their advertisers for their radio show.  The police in England are reported to state they may want to talk to those two DJs as well. 

I agree with the post above this one, the hospitals that I have had any dealings with have a very strict privacy policy.  We had a tragic incident in 2000 and those who were hospital designated them as Star 1 and Star 2, and our immediate family were the only people who knew that.  This way if we needed to call and get information the hospital staff only gave info to those who knew those names.

Those DJs are really distraught about the events that have resulted because of their prank.  The royal family is directly affected but if they want they could jump really deep into the hospital's pocket as well as the radio station's  and the company that owns the radio station.

5 of 5 (436 Views)