Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jun 21, 2011
2:50:37 PM
View profile
Any Podcast listeners on here?

I have not listened to podcast's in about two years.  That was on my Zune.

Since I now have a smartphone, I have decided to give podcasts a try again.

Do you all have any good podcasts to reccomend?  My biggest turn offs to podcasts are that 1) they stop updating them or 2) they are just lame.

One holdout from Zune days (Od Time Rock and Roll) is still being prodouced.  I know that there are some oldies fans on UT - they have 400 Smiley Surprised shows in the books and 600,000 listeners Smiley Surprised, so they are doing something right.  However, many of the songs played and stories told aren't that good.  AND he must have some Jerry Lee Lewis fixation, as he plays at leasr one JLL song on each episode (AFAIK) even if Jerry is not tied at all to the subject.

Another oldies one is Donspodradio/CKW.  I can't paste the direct link.  Last show on May 26th, so I don't know how often they are updated.  Better music than Old Time RNR (above) but the announcers aren't too good.  The CKW part is neat.  He must be a fan of CKLW (800 KHz Windsor, Ontario / Detroit) as he has edited many CKLW jingles down to just CKW.

PS: I love radio jingles too - often they were better than the songs between them "K-L-I-F Eleven Ninety...whoopee!"

I have not listened to podcast's in about two years.  That was on my Zune.

Since I now have a smartphone, I have decided to give podcasts a try again.

Do you all have any good podcasts to reccomend?  My biggest turn offs to podcasts are that 1) they stop updating them or 2) they are just lame.

One holdout from Zune days (Od Time Rock and Roll) is still being prodouced.  I know that there are some oldies fans on UT - they have 400 Smiley Surprised shows in the books and 600,000 listeners Smiley Surprised, so they are doing something right.  However, many of the songs played and stories told aren't that good.  AND he must have some Jerry Lee Lewis fixation, as he plays at leasr one JLL song on each episode (AFAIK) even if Jerry is not tied at all to the subject.

Another oldies one is Donspodradio/CKW.  I can't paste the direct link.  Last show on May 26th, so I don't know how often they are updated.  Better music than Old Time RNR (above) but the announcers aren't too good.  The CKW part is neat.  He must be a fan of CKLW (800 KHz Windsor, Ontario / Detroit) as he has edited many CKLW jingles down to just CKW.

PS: I love radio jingles too - often they were better than the songs between them "K-L-I-F Eleven Ninety...whoopee!"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 28, 2011 6:47:35 PM
(0)
Expert

I have a bunch, but have never had time to listen to them. Smiley Sad

Any Podcast listeners on here?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2011 6:24:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Any Podcast listeners on here?

2 of 4 (569 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 28, 2011 6:47:35 PM
(0)
Expert

3 of 4 (554 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2011 9:41:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Podcasts: Howstuffworks has lots of interesting podcasts.  One group is called B sides and talks, of course about music, including how "Stagger Lee" was made famous.  They have some science ones, history ones and such.  On my Android I can't play the video ones but can do the audio ones, just fine.

Podcasts: Howstuffworks has lots of interesting podcasts.  One group is called B sides and talks, of course about music, including how "Stagger Lee" was made famous.  They have some science ones, history ones and such.  On my Android I can't play the video ones but can do the audio ones, just fine.

4 of 4 (537 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments