Explore & discover

Helpful Links

ATT damaged my property while digging

Visitor

ATT damaged my property while digging

ATT was digging in my neighborhood a few weeks ago and damaged a drain and also left my charter cable exposed above the ground. I need someone from att to contact me about this as it's not clear from your website who to contact about property damage.
Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: ATT damaged my property while digging

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Teacher

Re: ATT damaged my property while digging

I am a long term ATT (10+ years) customer with cable, mobile, and internet. In 2015, ATT performed digging in my front yard for the ATT GIGA lines. 

Since then, I have had serious problems with a drainage pipe that flows from my sump pump pit to the street, and I didn't know why. This exterior sump pump drains out excess ground water from an underground spring in the back yard near my pool, to the street. When this doesn't operate properly, water fills under my pool liner, disrupts the underlayment, and creates numerous raised creases (See attached pictures). This has happened repeatedly over the last two summers. As a result, the underlayment and liner now has permanent creases and protrusions and needs to be replaced.

Recently when the area backed up again, I hired a company to find out where the apparent obstruction was. They found it. You can see from the attached pictures that the pipe damage is exactly where the ATT cable was laid. That path broke my Sump pump line, and that sump pump has been backing up ever since. 

ATT is nearly impossible to get a hold of for help. The lack of service by ATT makes my stomach turn.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support