Explore & discover

Helpful Links

ATT UVERSE REWARDS IS A SCAN!!

Visitor

ATT UVERSE REWARDS IS A SCAN!!

I was supposed to get a $300 ATT Rewards Visa card for signing up for ATT Uverse TV and Internet service.  Installation was completed 4/5/16.  I NEVER RECEIVED THE SO-CALLED REWARD NOTIFICATION LETTER TO CLAIM MY REWARD.  I spent almost 2 hours being bumped from ATT live chat online to ATT Rewards Center to ATT Customer Service.  The latter resulted in my being disconnected after finally getting to a live person after waiting on the phone for 2 separate calls to customer service -- the first waiting for 2 minutes and the second waiting for 5 minutes.  Reward Center claims they can't do anything about my not getting the notification letter because the offer period has expired.  My offer was made before the alleged expiration date.  This is a scam.  My sister never received her $50 reward that she was entitled to 5 years ago.  Hopefully, I can find a government agency to report this to.

Message 1 of 5
Employee

Re: ATT UVERSE REWARDS IS A SCAN!!

This is a common occurence whether the customer does not understand fine print or the CSR does not communicate properlly , they do not just send the reward to you , you need to go to the reward center to claim it, If you have already done this then disregard my comments

AT&T Reward Center

The AT&T Reward Center is the place to redeem your reward, check reward status, and even earn extra rewards by referring friends and family.

https://rewardcenter.att.com/moreinfo.aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5

SCAN!!  (you mean SCAM)?

LATTER (you mean LETTER)?

MY (you mean ME)?

DON'T WORRY, YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS BEEN SCAMMED FROM AT&T.

NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO SIGN A CONTRACT WITH ANY COMPANY, I SUGGEST YOU READ THE little fine print restrictions explanation to avoid any problems or headaches.

It happened to some of my family members.

Message 3 of 5
Expert

@Manyyearslater   Go online and read the terms of the deal, see these words:

Reward Card:Redemption Required

Means you have to do something to redeem it.  Would've been better if you came here as soon as you got service and we'd give you the lowdown on what to do. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 4 of 5
Visitor

I also have the same problem. ATT installed u verse more than 3 months ago and I have yet to receive my Reward Cards...one thing after another. If you call, you will have to wait 30 or more minutes before someone answers. And then, you have to scream to be heard because there is a mob of humanity talking at the same time in the background!

Is it a SCAM? Most definitely. 

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support