Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jun 24, 2014
8:28:22 PM
AT&T tells lawmakers DirecTV deal won't guarantee lower price

"No sir, I can't," Stephenson said, but added he hoped the merger would result in slower price increases for consumers.

http://news.yahoo.com/directv-u-lawmakers-t-deal-broadband-changing-everything-154442122--finance.ht...

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!

"No sir, I can't," Stephenson said, but added he hoped the merger would result in slower price increases for consumers.

http://news.yahoo.com/directv-u-lawmakers-t-deal-broadband-changing-everything-154442122--finance.html

AT&T tells lawmakers DirecTV deal won't guarantee lower price

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2014 4:43:24 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by Computer-Joe on Jun 26, 2014 at 4:52:26 AM

@Kong57  wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/directv-u-lawmakers-t-deal-broadband-changing-everything-154442122--finance.ht...

Kind of looks like Randall is practicing to become a politician:

"One would have to believe in the market and the market pressures, and that market pressures will compete margins away and cost savings will find their way into prices."

Here's another good one. Does this guy not think before he speaks, or just figures anyone he speaks to doesn't think?

Earlier on Tuesday, Stephenson also told House Judiciary Committee lawmakers that AT&T's proposed purchase of DirecTV does not compare with other mergers that are shaking up the telecommunications industry because the companies largely provide different services.

Shouldn't that be "largely provide service differently"?

Sounds like he's trying to run the confusion defense, "maybe they wont realize we're just a huge company that sells pay TV buying up a smaller company (the competition) that sells pay TV, if we keep telling them we're a telecomunications company".

Of course if AT&T doesn't get their way they'll probably just take the issue to their buddies in the Corporate Supreme Court, and our fine judiciary will give more of our rights away to big business/money like they did with campaign funding.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

@Kong57  wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/directv-u-lawmakers-t-deal-broadband-changing-everything-154442122--finance.html

Kind of looks like Randall is practicing to become a politician:

"One would have to believe in the market and the market pressures, and that market pressures will compete margins away and cost savings will find their way into prices."

Here's another good one. Does this guy not think before he speaks, or just figures anyone he speaks to doesn't think?

Earlier on Tuesday, Stephenson also told House Judiciary Committee lawmakers that AT&T's proposed purchase of DirecTV does not compare with other mergers that are shaking up the telecommunications industry because the companies largely provide different services.

Sounds like he's trying to run the confusion defense, "maybe they wont realize we're just a huge company that sells pay TV buying up a smaller company (the competition) that sells pay TV, if we keep telling them we're a telecomunications company".

Of course if AT&T doesn't get their way they'll probably just take the issue to their buddies in the Corporate Supreme Court, and our fine judiciary will give more of our rights away to big business/money like they did with campaign funding.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: AT&T tells lawmakers DirecTV deal won't guarantee lower price

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (335 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2014 6:23:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Jun 26, 2014 at 6:24:08 AM

Computer-Joe wrote:

I can give him that.  Only a small fraction of AT&T's revenue comes from TV delivery (Wireless Phones, POTS, Long Distance, Networking other than U-verse, including Enterprise Hosting comprise the lion's share).  I make it as $1.1  B of the $32.5 B AT&T made in 1Q14.  Only a small fraction of DirecTV's business doesn't involve TV delivery.

Computer-Joe wrote:

I can give him that.  Only a small fraction of AT&T's revenue comes from TV delivery (Wireless Phones, POTS, Long Distance, Networking other than U-verse, including Enterprise Hosting comprise the lion's share).  I make it as $1.1  B of the $32.5 B AT&T made in 1Q14.  Only a small fraction of DirecTV's business doesn't involve TV delivery.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (320 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2014 8:55:01 AM
(0)
Master

JefferMC wrote:

Computer-Joe wrote:

So, he's got you misdirected too?

The conflict isn't about enterprise hosting or long distance.

JefferMC wrote:

Computer-Joe wrote:

So, he's got you misdirected too?

The conflict isn't about enterprise hosting or long distance.

neon_sign.jpg

4 of 4 (305 Views)