AT&T merging with Directv?

Scholar

AT&T merging with Directv?

Message 1 of 25 (2,502 Views)
Scholar

Re: AT&T merging with Directv?

Message 2 of 25 (2,486 Views)
Scholar

Re: AT&T merging with Directv?

Please tell me were not going to have satilite dish's my home can't have .

Message 3 of 25 (2,444 Views)
Employee

Re: AT&T merging with Directv?

This just sounds off.  We already are in partnership with Directv.  We sell Directv to customers who do not have access to U-Verse TV.

 

Directv does pass on customers to AT&T who are looking for internet service.  Of course they only pass on ones that in the AT&T area.

 

 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 25 (2,428 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: AT&T merging with Directv?


flutist1963 wrote:

This just sounds off.  We already are in partnership with Directv.  We sell Directv to customers who do not have access to U-Verse TV.

 

Directv does pass on customers to AT&T who are looking for internet service.  Of course they only pass on ones that in the AT&T area.

 

 


I don't think that Time magazine and other media outlets would be making that up but what it could do is allow some of the perks that Direct TV has (copyrighted features on their DVR) to spread to U-Verse.  Maybe Sunday Ticket?  NASCAR Hotpass?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 25 (2,386 Views)

Re: AT&T merging with Directv?

[ Edited ]

@rt123 


rt123 wrote:

Please tell me were not going to have satilite dish's my home can't have .


Why can you not have a satellite dish?  Just curious.  Not that I would have one again, but under FCC law an HOA or apartment cannot prevent you from having a dish.  When I lived in Georgia, my HOA tried to tell me I couldn't install a dish on my roof ( on the back of the house mind you) and threatened to place a lien on my house until I took it down.  When I countered with the LAW, they backed off.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 6 of 25 (2,374 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: AT&T merging with Directv?


oufanindallas wrote:

@rt123 


rt123 wrote:

Please tell me were not going to have satilite dish's my home can't have .


Why can you not have a satellite dish?  Just curious.  Not that I would have one again, but under FCC law an HOA or apartment cannot prevent you from having a dish.  When I lived in Georgia, my HOA tried to tell me I couldn't install a dish on my roof ( on the back of the house mind you) and threatened to place a lien on my house until I took it down.  When I countered with the LAW, they backed off.


 

It might be his wife.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 25 (2,358 Views)
Scholar

Uverse and Directv

If the merger goes through will channel lineups change also .

Message 8 of 25 (2,355 Views)
Scholar

Re: AT&T merging with Directv?

we are suronded by trees that's why .

Message 9 of 25 (2,327 Views)
Employee

Re: Uverse and Directv

maybe then all the people asking for Hallmark can have it.  Directv does have Hallmark.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 25 (2,324 Views)
Scholar

Re: AT&T merging with Directv?

I  think Uverse will stick with the same recivers  IMO .

Message 11 of 25 (2,322 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: AT&T merging with Directv?


baseballisback wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

@rt123 


rt123 wrote:

Please tell me were not going to have satilite dish's my home can't have .


Why can you not have a satellite dish?  Just curious.  Not that I would have one again, but under FCC law an HOA or apartment cannot prevent you from having a dish.  When I lived in Georgia, my HOA tried to tell me I couldn't install a dish on my roof ( on the back of the house mind you) and threatened to place a lien on my house until I took it down.  When I countered with the LAW, they backed off.


 

It might be his wife.


Yup, could be the old Wife Acceptance Factor (WAF).  I would really like a 17 element yagi but I'm sure that would not fly, either. Smiley Very Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 12 of 25 (2,314 Views)
Scholar

Re: AT&T merging with Directv?

Just asking was not trying stir up anything i am sure Uverse is not going change much if the merger goes through .

Message 13 of 25 (2,307 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: AT&T merging with Directv?


rt123 wrote:

Just asking was not trying stir up anything i am sure Uverse is not going change much if the merger goes through .


Ya never know, it could benefit both companies.  Once one merger gets announced (Comcast + TW), more follow.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 14 of 25 (2,274 Views)
Scholar

Re: AT&T merging with Directv?

Message 15 of 25 (2,267 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.