Helpful Links

AT&T Stadium for Dallas?

ACE - Expert

AT&T Stadium for Dallas?

BREAKING NEWS:  Rumblings that Jerry Jones is striking a deal with AT&T to FINALLY give Cowboy Stadium a corporate name.

Makes sense since their HG is here in Dallas.

Jerry's gonna make a bundle

I dunno...I kinda liked that it didn't have a corporate name but we all knew it was inevitable.  Thoughts?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
N/A

Re: AT&T Stadium for Dallas?

I don't have a preference one way or the other.  It's all about money, and only money, to him.

Message 2 of 14
ACE - Expert

Those of us who grew up in Dallas with the Cowboys remember when they played at the Cotton Bowl (1960-1971), the big deal when Texas Stadium opened (1971) and were sad when it came down (2008).  There's no denying that Cowboy Stadium, aka JerryWorld, is gorgeous.

I heard today that he'll integrate the name "Cowboy" in with the AT&T moniker, ie: AT&T Cowboy Stadium.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 14

I remember when it first opened Jerry said that he wasn't just going to have any company's name on the stadium, it had to be consistant with his vision and a good deal ($$$) as well.  Since the Cowboy's are the 3rd/4th richest sports franchise in the WORLD it makes since that he's not going to go with a 2nd or 3rd rate company just so they can get their name out their.

As long as we don't start seeing advertisements on uniforms I'm ok. 

BTW 

1. Manchester U (soccer) $2.23 Billion

2. Real Madrid (soccer) $1.88 Billion

3. NY Yankees $1.85 Billion

3. (tie) Dallas Cowboys $1.85 Billion

5. Washington Redskins $1.56 Billion

6. LA Dodgers $1.4 Billion

6. (tie) NE Patriots $1.4 Billion

8. Barcelona (soccer) $1.31 Billion

9. NY Giants $1.3 Billion

10. Arsenal (soccer) $1.29 Billion

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 14
ACE - Expert

They're saying Jerry's going to get around $230 million A YEAR to put the ATT logo on the stadium. 

Chump change for him!

Message 5 of 14

I think that's $23 - $25 Million for 10 years isn't it?  Not $230/year.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 6 of 14
ACE - Expert

I stand corrected.

I'm in agreement with so many others though.  I'd like to see it stay "Cowboy Stadium" and reject a corporate sponsor but that is unrealistic.  Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 14

I know, but Cowboy Stadium will still be in the title somewhere.  Not like any of us call it that any more, now it's jerry's world.

Message 8 of 14
ACE - Expert

It's official: AT&T Stadium for Dallas

No mention of the word "Cowboy" integrated into the name but they get the ATT logo on the uniforms. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 14

Re: It's official: AT&T Stadium for Dallas

Where did you see that? I was hoping for Cowboys in the name somewhere, but I haven't seen anything at all about the logo on the uniforms.

Message 10 of 14
ACE - Expert

oufanindallas wrote:

Where did you see that? I was hoping for Cowboys in the name somewhere, but I haven't seen anything at all about the logo on the uniforms.

Well, the name is DEFINITELY AT&T Stadium.  That fact is all over the news.

I heard the newsperson on the noon news say something about the logo on the uniforms so I'm not sure how much credence we can put in that info.

Message 11 of 14

The team's website doesn't mention anything or reveal any new uniforms.  We don't need no stinkin' ads on uniforms like the soccer teams have.

Message 12 of 14
Highlighted
Master

It may just be the practice uniforms which will have the AT&T logo on it rather than the official game uniforms. They did the same thing 5 years ago.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4582619/att-sponsors-cowboys-practice-jerseys

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 13 of 14
ACE - Expert

Uniblurb3 wrote:

It may just be the practice uniforms which will have the AT&T logo on it rather than the official game uniforms. They did the same thing 5 years ago.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4582619/att-sponsors-cowboys-practice-jerseys

Hopefully it is only the practice uniforms.

Favorite quote of the day:  "Money talks and B S  walks....and comes back as a pretentious owner."  Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support