Helpful Links

why does directv suck so bad? Why am I paying for shopping channels? .

Contributor

why does directv suck so bad? Why am I paying for shopping channels? .

I have been paying for directv for nearly a year. WHY?  there is nothing but shopping on this stupid tv service .  Now I find I can't even access my local baseball team without a sports package!!  I realize the upper management only cares about their fat salaries but really they don't deserve a pile of garbage per week based on what they provide to their customers.  Instead of the Reds Giants game my choice is either shopping or the 600 pound mom show. REALLY?!  I don't want to watch any of this.  I loathe directv.  

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 1 of 38
Mentor

Re: why does directv suck so bad? Why am I paying for shopping channels? Fire Michael White.

Cable, Dish , DTV.  Aprox. 95% same programming.

Message 2 of 38
Tutor

Re: why does directv suck so bad? Why am I paying for shopping channels? Fire Michael White.

Im with you man. They edited this very message because they werent happy, theyre going to do it again. Directv sucks. The title says it, why cant I.
Message 3 of 38
Employee

We don't have ala carte programming yet, anywhere.  Directv has the most ala carte channels out there, but until TV channel execs allow providers like Directv to split up programming, we're likely to keep this system.  Your rage is misdirected.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 38
Contributor

Here's a solution to your problem: HULU, NETFLIX,SLINGTV or a rooftop antennae. Stop giving these lying, scamming companies like directv your money. That's the only way you will see any change. MONEY TALKS, it's all they care about. They certainly don't give a rat's behind about customer service or satisfaction!

Message 5 of 38
Scholar

Actually FiOS comes closest to ala carte programming, with its Custom packages.  You can get an inexpensive package WITHOUT ESPN, for example, the only carrier that does allows that.

Message 6 of 38
ACE - Expert

DirecTV's select package I believe does not have ESPN...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 38
Tutor

they cant do anything right............

1. "Direct TV now "the new on line service doesnt work on my PC if i am runnng windows 10

2. Direct TV anywhere also does not work on the home channels if I am running window 10 which is the most popular OS sytem in the world.

The suggested fix for this is to reinstall windows O as their software works with that OS, (they think )

3. Their receiver /DVR decides to shut its self down on thanksgiving day to do an update during when i am trying to record an important soccer game and takes two days to get its brain back into position and loses all my recordings meanwhile .I assume they did this as their engineers were on vacation so they scheduled this for their convenience not  the customer who pays their check.  

4. When one calls technical especially after 9-5 working hours when most customers are watching tv , one gets some person who is "technical" who cant even understand or speak english and who might mean well but has zero skills to fix anything .

5. If you ask for a supervisor they are always all busy talking to some one else . If you ask for someoen to call you when they are not busy then this is not allowed as you have to stay on hold to talk to them. Then 15 minutes after being on hold they disconnect you.................and you have to start all over again.

6. Direct TV have also screwed up my billing on a monthly basis ..........thats another story 

THEY DONT SUCK, they dont even come close to sucking. THEY have made an ART  Form with their customer MISERVICE and am am sure that their misservice operatives get off on trying to pissoff customers and play games on disconnecting them and telling me and others that "we are sorry but we are trying to FIX YOUR PROBLEM "when its THEIR equipment  and SERVICE that is broken .........IT IS NOT MY EQUIPMENT/SERVICE. It is yours Mr Direct TV and once you realise and acknowledge this you might be on the first step to fixing some of YOUR MISERVICE

Message 8 of 38
ACE - Master

@captaindo

Local sports teams would play on your local affiliate or on your Regional Sports Network (RSN), if the game is "in market." Packages Choice and above (except the new Preferred Xtra) include your RSNs. Packages below Choice you can add the Sports Pack which covers over 35 regional and speciality sports networks, but any professional game showing out of market would still be blacked out. Out of market games regardless have to have the out of market seasonal package (MLB Extra Innings, NFL Sunday Ticket, NBA League pass, etc.)

Only a handful of channles are informercial/shopping only. Other channels have timeslots for that type of programming, usually late at night, which is up to the individual channels. Tv providers (Directv, Comcast, Uverse, Dish, etc.) do not control the content on the channels, they are just a rebroadcaster. You can setup a custom favorites list to hide any channels you don't want to watch.

@mreg376

The Family and Select packages have no ESPN at all. The new Preferred Xtra package which is aimed at people who watch little to no sports, but want a lot more programming, removes all sports channels except ESPN and ESPN2. So the other ESPN (U and News) channels, NFL network, Golf, Tennis, Regional Sports channels, etc. are not there. These 3 packages also include Hallmark Movies & Mysteries (HD only channel) which previously you could only get with their HD Extra Pack.

@BawlOreally

You've started your own thread for your complaint so there no need to copy/paste (spam) it into other threads.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 38
Teacher

Sorry Juniper.  I am new at this.  I thought these people who had the sensation of being mugged or sold the equivilent of extortion protection from direct tv might be encouraged to know that they were not alone in their victomhood.  It just seemed apropos, and as a 68 year old geezer who has never experienced this level of dissatisfaction with any other commercial relationship, I was anxious to give some support to the legions of other folks disappointed in the low and stinking depths to which at&t and direct tv have fallen.  My mother was a telephone operator in the 30's.  I have been on AT&T or the Bells my entire life.  It is stunning how pitiful they have become.  I am just trying to help.

Message 10 of 38

Today I get yet another call supposedly from Directv trying to sell me Showtime. So I call them to confirm whether or not this is valid number or a scam (RE:[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]). They want my passcode and ask me security questions that are not on my account. The four digit passcode is only for wireless customers. We are not wireless customers. So I have no passcode. They refuse service at this point and yet they get paid every month with no complaints. We switched to Uverse internet and Directv last year and that alone was anightmare with sale people lying about packages and customer service getting involved with sales pitches. That's it for ATT and Directv ... we will try WOW next ... ATT service sucks. In fact it is fraudulent ... and we have had to trun to the attorney general many times to resolve ATT fraud issues.

Message 11 of 38

Well my recent experience. Now mind u been a customer since 1999. I call due to being on a fixed income. I asked about lowering my bill. Here's what retention department tells me. We will give u $15.00 off for 2 years agreement but come April I will lose a 25.00 credit a month. All they care about is getting new customers not about there existing customers. So u know what u can do with your direct tv. You Suck
Message 12 of 38
Contributor

I subscribed Premium package. All premium channels are supposed to be included. It wa $174 last month. In this month's bill it is $180. In addition they list all 5 premium chanels separately saying "discount -$15 for 6 months" . I called about to ask whether they will add all these $15s to my bill after 6 months. Hour and half later after 8 read their own premium channel descriptions they finally said they will not add them. What was the reason of this stupid way of billing then? 

MY REWINDING OF THE MOVIES GIVES AN ERROR ABOUT INTERNET CONNECTION AND DOES NOT REWIND. ON DEMAND TV PROGRAMS DO NOT INCLUDE MOST OF THE PAST WEEKS SHOWS. MY INTERNET ONLINE TV DOES NOT INCLUDE CBS AND SOME OTHER CHANNELS,  I CANNOT WATCH ON DEMAND MOVIES BECAUSE OF REWINDING PROBLEM AND THEY SAY I HAVE TO PAY $7.99 A MONTH FOR THEM TO SEND A TECHNICIAN

Message 13 of 38
Tutor

Re: why does directv suck so bad? Why am I paying for shopping channels? .

I agree with you 110%. I have 10 months left in my contract with Direct TV. I can not wait to get rid of Direct TV and AT&T for that matter. I hate having to scroll through all the freaking channels of infomercials. If I had only known this about Direct TV I never would have switched from Cox Cable to start with.
Message 14 of 38
Tutor

Re: why does directv suck so bad? Why am I paying for shopping channels? .

I've always had Direct TV. I had the old silver receiver box and was perfectly happy with the service. I just moved and chose to stay with them. It's horrible!! Nothing but PPV and half hour ads for some stupid product. When I called the company they told me the difference is because at my prior home I had the silver receiver and now I have the black receiver. What??!! I was told if I found my silver receiver when I finally get unpacked they could change me back to the old format. So for now all that's worth watching is NCIS and Family Feud. What a RIP!!!!!!
Message 15 of 38
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support