Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Why does directv suck so much?

Highlighted
Tutor

Why does directv suck so much?

I subscribed to the Premium package. All premium channels are supposed to be included. It wa $174 last month. In this month's bill it is $180. In addition they list all 5 premium chanels separately saying "discount -$15 for 6 months" . I called to ask whether they will add all these $15s to my bill after 6 months. Hour and half later, after my reading their own premium channel definition to them, they finally said they will not add them to the bill. What was the reason of this stupid way of billing then?
I CANNOT REWING ALREADY PLAYING OR ON DEMAND MOVIES BECAUSE OF AN ERROR ABOUT INTERNET CONNECTION OR INCOMPATIBLE SIGNAL ETC. ON DEMAND TV PROGRAMS DO NOT INCLUDE MOST OF THE PAST WEEKS SHOWS OR THEY PARTIALLY LOAD THEM. MY INTERNET ONLINE TV DOES NOT INCLUDE CBS AND SOME OTHER CHANNELS. THEIR EQUIPMENTS SUCK, THEIR TECHNOLOGY SUCK, AND THEY SAY I HAVE TO PAY $7.99 A MONTH FOR THEM TO SEND A TECHNICIAN. 

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Why does directv suck so much?

The $7.99 protection plan is optional. The non plan prices are $50 for a tech visit and $20 for shipping of replacement receivers with a 90 day warranty on both and you buy any replacement remotes.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Why does directv suck so much?

The Premier package includes all 5 premium packs included in it (HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, Sports Pack) as it is the top package so just bundles package and premium packs into one item. However, you can have a promotion discount off some of those (for example $5 off HBO for 6 months) that itemize individualy. So in that example, if you were to lower from Premier to another package, but keep at least HBO, you would still get the remainder of the HBO discount. And the discount would show counting down (1 of 6, 2 of 6, etc.) to keep you informed. Realy straight forward.

Each channel runs their own On Demand library. It is never guaranteed that all episodes of the shows they have the rights to will be available, or when. In the case of the premium movie packs (HBO, etc.), they tend to keep all episodes of their origional series listed once they make them available in the library. Allthough the premiums can once in awhile not have everything listed if they are doing maintenance on the library (but that time is usually short). Not every channel has a library. When you browse the guide, the network name on the left hand side will have a little + in the box if it has a library.

The $7.99 Equipment Protection Plan is optional. Without it service calls are $49.95, just delivery of receivers/clients $19.95, replacement remotes $15 each.

If you are having some issues with your On Demand getting errors, please start a fresh thread with the details of the issue: Models of boxes, exact error message, how are you connected to your internet, what is your speed received (not just subscribed, but what you get when you run a speedtest). And please do so without your CAPS LOCK stuck as many people may ignore as that is painful to try and read.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support