Explore & discover

Helpful Links

TV viewing while traveling

Highlighted
Teacher

TV viewing while traveling

Recently we had terrible TV services while traveling.  Can I view my Directv on a laptop and display it on the room TV via HDMI cable, or is there more complexity to resolve this issue?

Obviously I'm not familiar with the subject, and I would appreciate any direction that would put me on a path to a solution. 

Message 1 of 3
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTDIRECTVCare
‎02-28-2016 8:28 AM

Re: TV viewing while traveling

Hey @tincangob,

Great question. You can watch DIRECTV programming on your laptop and you can use a HDMI cord to connect to your TV. All you have to do is extend the screeen to the TV via the laptop settings. Each computer is different so you may need to look up how to do it.

You can find information here on how to log into DIRECTV Everywhere.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Teacher

Re: TV viewing while traveling

I finally got my PC to play a program after many, many, many, attempts over the past year or so.  For some reason I tried Google Chrome for my browser (again), and I was successful. Hooray! 

With our dish being disabled with snow for days at a time, this will be handy this winter.  My HDMI cable plugs into the TV and PC, and it works as advertised.  (Note that local programs are not available, and the channel selection is limited.)

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support