Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Removing WBRC TV

Contributor

Removing WBRC TV

I am trying to find out how to make a commitment in reference to AT&T wanting to stop there customers from getting WBRC  on their contracts.I think that is very unfair.It looks as if money is the main reason for this. Big corporations just want to change THE LITTLE PERSON MORE MONEY and yes we are the ones who end up paying for it. If AT&T take WBRC off Direct-Tv then we will have to look for another carrier.

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Master

Re: Removing WBRC TV

WRBC wants to cahrge more money, which in turn will cost you more money

its in directvs interest to carry them, they dont want the station to go dark.

if it disapears, its the station that stopped the signal

have you contacted them?

tell them to stop being greedy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
ACE - Expert

AT&T/Directv does NOT want to stop carying the channel. Agreement comes up with local affiliate, so they negotiate the next agreement, hopefully before the current one ends. If they are still in talks when the current agreement comes up, the local affiliate can either stay on during the talks, or go "dark" to upset customers to use them as leverage. Only the local affiliate (the channel owner can turn the broadcast off).

Why should AT&T/Directv, and in the end you as the paying customer, give in to a higher cost from a local affiliate that you still can get free over-the-air with antenna as always?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7
Contributor

>From what I have seen we might be able to get it cheaper. I would hate to
do that. We have been with Bellsouth then AT&T for a long time. We have
had the same phone number for 37 years so that should let you know I don't
like changing a lot. I hope things will be able to be worked out.

Thank you for your reply.
Message 4 of 7
ACE - Expert

Most of the time they do get worked out. Unfortunately some locals try to play hardball and hold out for a few days, but Directv has a very good track record for getting them back. I would be patient because switching would not be a true fix as all providers have to go through this as they don't own the channels. So would hate for you to switch and then shortly find out it is that time with the new provider.

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert

You can always setup an OTA antenna and get them for free.

Message 6 of 7
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I really don't want go anywhere.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support