Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Premium channels just added? Didn't upgrade.

Contributor

Premium channels just added? Didn't upgrade.

We just turned our tv on for the first time in a couple of days. We noticed it had recorded the whole season of Shameless. Well what has been on already. But it is on showtime and that is not part of our package. We checked and now have all the movie channels. Anyone know what happened?
Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎11-27-2016 11:00 PM

Re: Premium channels just added? Didn't upgrade.

Free national trial to all Driectv customers 11/24 - 11/27. Automatically on and off. Some of these trials may continue until 6am EST the start of the business day.

http://news.directv.com/

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Thank you! I was worried for a minute- not that I minded getting a few episodes of my show 😉
Message 3 of 5
Tutor

I received a DIRECTV solicitation call on May 2. The individual barely spoke intelligible English and read very fast from a script. It sounded like he said I could call an 800 number for a discount, if I decide to add premium channels, which I do not want. Today, May 3, I discovered he added Showtime to my account, without my permission. It feels like a scam. AT&T call centers should do a better job of vetting employees and their English competency, including accents. That is, if they really want the customer to clearly understand what is being said/sold. I have been an AT&T customer in one form or another for over 45 years. This event is a real change in their approach to customer marketing.

Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Received a direct call 2/19/2019 saying I was going to get free movie channels for a year as a loyalty award.  I assumed it was a scam call but was not asked for any money.  The person spoke good English and did not sound "foreign."  Said only that after the free year ending in Feb. 2020, I would pay 39.99 per month to keep the channels or I could cancel at that time or anytime before that.  Also said I would receive monthly reminders about canceling before Feb. 2020.  So far, I have not seen any free movie channels but he might have said it would take 24 hrs.  Is this legit?  If not, what did this person hope to gain?

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support