Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Premier Protection Plan

Tutor

Premier Protection Plan

Has anyone else had a problem with Direct TV since AT&T merged?  Customer Service assured me my protection with premier covered all cracked tv screens from handling, and still do when I call, this is why I signed up for it.  However when you are put with the premier protection department, they state that is not a feature and no refunds.  Seems like there is some false advertising going on, scam for money.  I have been battling this for awhile now?  Anyone else?

Message 1 of 16
Associated Member

Re: Premier Protection Plan

The Protection Plan Premier has NEVER covered Cracked screens on tv's. That has been the case even before AT&T came into the picture. I think the rep who offered it to you misinformed you. The welcome package will tell you all about what is covered and what it is not covered. If you never received it, here is the PDF file of the welcome package: 

https://www.directv.com/dpp_terms/PPP_TermsandConditions_030415.pdf

However, there is a plan called "Protection Plan Premier + ADH" and that will cover Physical damage and liquid damage on laptops and tabelts ONLY

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 16
Tutor

Well that is funny, o have had several reps then misrepresent, I have in writing that it is cover and talked with the executive office who also said yes it is covered. So is there two sets of literature? Seems like a back and forth.
Message 3 of 16
Associated Member

Where in writing do you see that it says it covers cracked screens for TV's, can you send me a screenshot? If you look at the pdf file it says: "Unintentional or accidental damage from handling as a result of normal use (“ADH”) for Laptops, Tablets and Netbooks only if you are a Protection Plan Premier with ADH customer."

Copied and pasted straight from the Welcome package. 

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 16
Tutor

Hello,
Yes attached you will find where it states that it covers the TV as well,
and my conversations with support (one example). Also there should be an
email coming over from the executive office, as Tammy over there also said
it was covered and stated she was sending an email over to the premier
protection plan. If you have more questions please let me know.
Thank you
Liz Freys
Message 5 of 16
Tutor

I have replied in email, with the documentation, and advertising statements, as well as conversations with support stating it should be covered.

Message 6 of 16
Associated Member

I did not see any attached files. Either way though you are still being misinformed. Protection Plan Premier has NEVER covered cracked screens on TV's. Just like it says in the welcome package that I copied and pasted. I use to work the Premier department and when customers filed a claim on the TV with it being a cracked screen, the service center doesn't even touch it, they just send it back.

But again: "Unintentional or accidental damage from handling as a result of normal use (“ADH”) for Laptops, Tablets and Netbooks only if you are a Protection Plan Premier with ADH customer."

Message 7 of 16
Contributor

Here is a link I found supporting this claim. There is a package that covers cracked screens. https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv/KM1002548

Message 8 of 16
ACE - Expert

@LVInspector You didn't read that very well the PPP with AHD only covers cracked screens on laptops/tablets

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 16
Contributor

Actually, I did read it and now you can read it again.

* DIRECTV Protection Plan Premier - Includes everything in the DIRECTV Protection Plan, plus protection for all of your entertainment devices, both old and new. Covered devices include LCD TVs, LED TVs, plasma TVs, tablets, laptops, and computers.
* DIRECTV Protection Plan Premier with Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) - Includes everything in the DIRECTV Protection Plan Premier, plus protection for your laptops and tablets against accidental damage such as drops, spills, and cracked screens.

This means the PPP with ACD will cover cracked screens. What did I miss?  

Message 10 of 16
Contributor

Update, Yes I see it. So basically for an extra premium cracked screens are for laptops and computers only. Kind of a let down for 60.00 more per year. Who would see any value in that? Especially with technology as it is. A one year old PC or laptop is not worth repairing.

Message 11 of 16
Contributor

So I’m guessing you didn’t get it covered? How misleading

Message 12 of 16
Contributor

recovery TVs laptops different electronic I'm assuming that tube television and the answer from the agent love yes I have a old and young screen to television the screen is turning red and the speakers just went out how would they go about fixing it or replacing it

Message 13 of 16
ACE - Expert

@Swofford wrote:

recovery TVs laptops different electronic I'm assuming that tube television and the answer from the agent love yes I have a old and young screen to television the screen is turning red and the speakers just went out how would they go about fixing it or replacing it

Huh?  I do not understand your question.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 14 of 16
Contributor

Yes!  I was told the same thing. FRAUDS

Message 15 of 16
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support