Explore & discover

Helpful Links

PAC 12 network

Contributor

PAC 12 network

I have been a loyal Directv customer for over 12 years and am a PAC12 fan, but a few years back we lost the PAC12 games. When will PAC12 games become available for your directv customers?

Thank You

Marty 

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 1 of 21
Expert

Re: PAC 12 network

DIRECTV never announces this sort of stuff, so no one will be able to tell you if DIRECTV will ever reach a contract with PAC12

Message 2 of 21
ACE - Expert

You never lost the PAC12 network because DirecTV has never carried it.  Seems that Comcast is demanding more money than DirecTV is willing to pay.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 21
Contributor

He's right because the issue was PAC-12 coverage and not the PAC-12 Network. Before the Network was launched a great many PAC 12 games in football and basketball were carried on Root Sports  and other channels which were available on DirecTV. Then the PAC-12 Network began exclusive coverage of those events and since they had no carriage agreement with DirecTV many of these games were indeed dropped.

Message 4 of 21
ACE - Expert

PAC-12 network has not gotten a agreement with Drictv because of the cost the PAC-12 network would charge. Though most of the games had been sold off to other sports networks, it does sound like certain teams are only on the PAC-12 network so can be inconvienent. Has been this way for the last few years. Directv stance has been they would welcome the network if it agreed to a reasonable cost option so the door is still open for negotiations, but at a standstill.

Agents will probably be unaware of anything until the network is successfully acquired so they refer to www.directvpromise.com to keep up to date on situations like this or any kind of channel negotiations.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 21
Tutor

You think its the Pac12 charges that are preventing DirecTV from carring the coverage?  Here's what the Pac-12 says:

"STATEMENT ON DIRECT TV
Pac-12 Networks continues to aggressively pursue carriage on DIRECTV. It is disappointing DIRECTV won’t deliver the content customers clearly want, but ultimately that is a decision they need to make. We encourage DIRECTV subscribers seeking access to Pac-12 Networks to contact the providers and echo our calls to have the network added to their systems".

This fingure pointing has been going on forever and seemingly will never end since DirecTV aparently doesn't care about their customers.

Message 6 of 21
ACE - Expert

And why would you think they would admit their price is to high?

Message 7 of 21
ACE - Expert

If Pac12 was being reasonable in their negotiations, DirecTV would have had a contract long ago. 

Message 8 of 21
Expert

@imopa In prior conversations, DirecTV reps have told FierceCable that the channel is demanding too high of a carriage fee, given that most of the Pac-12’s coveted football and basketball games are carried by national outlets like Fox Sports 1. 

http://www.fiercecable.com/cable/pac-12-net-deal-directv-not-even-a-reasonabl-possibility-as-rsn-beg...

Message 9 of 21
Tutor

Oh.....you mean Fox Sports Australia.  Gu-Day...

The Pac 12 has agreed to a deal with Fox Sports Australia to air regular college football and basketball games throughout the season – 13 from the gridiron and 21 from the hardwood annually.

Message 10 of 21
Former Employee

Just remember, if the PAC-12 does get on Directv, the PAC-12 conference is going to want that RSN money, so RSN fee's will go up.  Of course then, the same people blaming Directv for not giving into the PAC-12's pricing demands will be blaming Directv for the fee increase.

Message 11 of 21
ACE - Expert

PAC-12 wants to be treated like an RSN, where everyone in the viewing area pays, not just those people who want the channel.  I don't think that's going to happen.  Read the PAC12 thread at dbstalk if you want the whole story.

The PAC-12 statement should really read "we don't have coverage on DirecTV because we want far too much money, we were arrogant about how much the coverage was worth, we put together a business plan based on these high fees and now the plan does not work anymore"

Message 12 of 21
Tutor

I believe your "Pac-12 Statement" is what they actually think.  Unfortunately, its true.

Now let's look at Comcast Sports (regonial) on DirecTV.  I'd sure like to receive Comcast Sports Northwest as a DirecTV selection.  Will that ever come?

Message 13 of 21
Contributor

I just signed up with DirectTV last month, switching from ATT U-Verse.  Today I find out that DirectTV doesn't have the Pac 12 network!  ATT Uverse did!

so, does ATT own DirectTV?  I thought so.  Didn't think I'd be getting an inferior product with the switch. 

NOTE TO ATT: FIX THIS!! PLEASE!!

Message 14 of 21
ACE - Expert

Pac 12 has never been on DTV maybe when the contract with AT&T expires the Pac12 will lower their asking price to something DTV/AT&T can except.

Message 15 of 21
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support