Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Is there a way to see what is recorded on DVR from laptop?

Tutor

Is there a way to see what is recorded on DVR from laptop?

Is there a way to see, and idelally manage, what is recorded on my DVR from my computer?  I've had multiple other services in the past, and that is a feature I really miss, if it's not available.  If it is available, it seems to be very well hidden!

Thanks -

MoHoelx

Message 1 of 3
Former Employee

Re: Is there a way to see what is recorded on DVR from laptop?

In order to watch and/or manage the recordings that are stored on your DVR on a computer or mobile device, you would need an external device called the GenieGO. This device would connect to your DVR receiver to download the programs and then would be able to sync with your computer or mobile device.

This allows you to sream live from the DVR while you have Wifi out of home, or you can download that content to your compatible laptop or mobile device when you aren't in an area with Wifi.

There is also more information on the GenieGo here: http://www.directv.com/technology/geniego?ACM=false if you were interested.
Message 2 of 3
Scholar

Re: Is there a way to see what is recorded on DVR from laptop?

While is true that you can either stream or download DVR content to a mobile device using the GenieGo, there is no curent way to mange a DVR remtoly with DIRECTV.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support