Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Genie Remote capability questions

Contributor

Genie Remote capability questions

Just got a new installation and going through everything. Was a Dish Network customer.

I have three basic questions.

1. Is there any way for the on screen tv guide to highlight which programs are new without going into the info? The Dish TV guide, the TIVO TV guide  and my newspaper TV guide have a little "NEW" icon in the time slot, otherwise it is a re-run.

2. Is there any way to set the Genie/mini to activate at a defined time. I set my TV and Dish Network receiver to both go on at 6:30 AM as my alarm in the bedroom and automatically switch the reciever to my favorite local station no matter where it was left the previous night. If I switch off the power saving feature, will that help?

3.Is there any way to control the TV on/off independantly or do I need a universal remote?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Master

Re: Genie Remote capability questions

1.  never seen this, sounds like it could be nice

2. i do not think there is an auto on option.  there is def no auto tune option

3. what remote do you have? the old rc6x style could do this

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Thanks  for the quick response.

3. I have the new black and white remote for the Genie . I looked up the older RF remote and ordered a couple from the world's longest river according to wikipedia.

2 Its just a mode like the record mode, where at a defined time it will change to that channel without recording. This function will wake the device from its sleep mode.

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Master

iirc the non dvr units (h24, h25, NOT a genie or mini genie) have an auto tune.  not certain if it can turn the unit on or off

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

No there is no alarm/auto on with any DTV receiver, your TV may have an alarm that will turn the TV on and if you leave the DTV HXX receiver on with the power saver off it may come out of screen saver mode when it auto tunes but that is not a feature that DTV offers.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support