Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DirecTV Mod

Mentor

DirecTV Mod

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/07/03/six-new-moto-mod-concepts-announced-including-dslr-lens-dire...

Above is the link to an article in Android Police. In that article they refer to a DirecTV Mod that allows an HDMI DirecTV streaming stick to be plugged into your phone, enabling DTV subscribers to stream live TV while they're on the go. What am I missing here? Why would someone use this instead of the DirecTV Android app? 

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Master

Re: DirecTV Mod

what is a directv streaming stick?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

I looked at the photo in that article and have never seen or heard of a "DirecTV streaming stick".  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

I did a Google search on "DirecTV streaming stick".  I wonder if that's a DirecTV-branded version of an Amazon Firestick?  It would be used with DirecTVNow streaming service, not DirecTV satellite service. 

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Master

i google it also

checked images, news, shopping

i can find no other image of that directv branded stick

the dtv now stick appears to be just an fire stick

https://www.directvnow.com/firestick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support