Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Damage Claim

Contributor

Damage Claim

We had a dish installed on our roof Jan 2016 we had horid reception from the onset. After 5 months of complaints an installer came out- confirmed our dish had no direct line of sight to satellite and moved it to a pole installtion. 5 months of 50% reception no offer of refund or reduction. The damage to the roof was reported and we were given instructions on how to claim costs to repair. In August we mailed all info requested- including pictures and repair bills to Colorado as instructed. September 21 we got a letter from AT&T as if we had just filed our claim then asking for all the information to be sent to them in PA. The letter gave a phone # to call if you had questions- I have called that number at least 110 times in the last week- Never does the contractor pick up the phone. I have left 5 messages which have not been returned- Yesterday after 4 calls and hours of explaining to Direct TV including them calling to confirm he does not answer the phone- A person in his office who could see him sent him an email to call me by the end of the day- and guess what he did not- Today his voice mail is full. At this point I am pretty sure we have a case for not honoring our contract and going back where we came from- We were lured in with lies in the first place since they said they could do the internet at our address, and then only back tracting on that after the dish installers were here.  Yesterday I spoke to at least 4 Direct TV of employees 3 of whom cut me off requiring me to call back and start all over- 

Message 1 of 5
Expert

Re: Damage Claim

You need to call DIRECTV at 1-800-531-5000 or you may want to reach out @ATTDIRECTVCare

Message 2 of 5
Contributor

If you read my note you would know that I have called Direct TV at the number you give spent the whole day yesterday on the phone got cut off 3 times-and also engaged in live chat- None of the people who cut me off called me back and the live chat after over an hour gave me the phone # to call that I have called 110 times left 5 or six messages and have yet to get a call back. Not sure how you think calling the same number again is going to help in anyway. I need a supervisor to call the 866-454-5668 number or email that employee and have them call me- Good luck with that- The other number listed on the the letter goes straight to voice mail and that person does not return calls either
Message 3 of 5
Expert

Then you have to keep trying or get in touch with @ATTDIRECTVCare

Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Have the  same stuff going on been going on for about 7 months now almost identicle to your story.  I had a contact person but then he started rejecting my phone calls so I called him from my wife's phone and he answered then he told me that he was instructed not to communicate with me anymore directv has a real issue going on and I'm really not happy.  If this is the type of service that we're paying for it's  Definitely not worth it

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support