Explore & discover

Helpful Links

CBS Direct TV Fight In Alaska

Contributor

CBS Direct TV Fight In Alaska

The NCAA tourney is starting and you still do not have my local CBS channel. If you cannot give me my local channel I would like a distant network CBS channel. This is really getting old. I pay a lot for Direct tv and don't get what I pay for.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: CBS Direct TV Fight In Alaska

Take it up with the FCC they will not allow any rebroadcasters to provide any local channels not in your DMA which give the locals a big stick to club DTV with.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: CBS Direct TV Fight In Alaska

Locals are a free over-the-air broadcast. As such, we do not pay Directv for locals. They include them in the package, if they have permission from the local affiliate to rebroadcast them and if the FCC approves them based on your address. If you have a local OTA channel, but Directv does not have permission from them to rebroadcast, unfortunately they cannot give you a DNS channel per FCC regulations. I would reccomend to plug in an OTA antenna so you can get any additional locals in your area. If you still want to discuss the availability of DNS channels, you will have to talk to Directv 1-800-531-5000 as this is a customer to customer forum.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support